Thread: GOT THE ROLA!
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 05:49 AM
Hummer Professional

Hunner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GOT THE ROLA!

I too got the Rola. Tonight at 6:30 CDST. I also got a set of cross rails. Aries which I think are the same as OEM. I had to back up a page when ordering and I failed to see it reset to bright. Oh well, with quality of powder coating on things I have been getting I think the bright anodized will hold up better. Just a little Bling. I refinish aluminum masts and booms for sailboats so I could etch them and put a finish of black later. I have a sunroof and I ordered the Rola extension piece. One piece took a hit where they slide together but I smoothed it out. the powder coat popped off there. I fixed it. I lined it up at the back of the sunroof. It hangs over in the back but I found when the door is open it makes it great to climb up. It would add some drag (like that matters) but a plexiglass piece in back would maybe blow off the rear window in dusty conditions?? Like the old station wagon spoilers, ha ha.
I have two complaints. When attaching the rails to the mounts using the bolts supplied, lock washer and flat washer the threads do not reach. They do with out the lockwashers. I just went ahead and put locktight on them. Nothing like a kid with a new toy with some assembly required! Must be Christmas. The other thing was each mount had two plastic disks that it was to slide on. They had ridges molded on them to fit into the mounts but kept falling out. I put a little silicon sealer on them to make them stay. Its dark here in "Central America" for posed pictures but I have some in the shop. Its also cold. One thing I never got anybody to reply to was how high is it about the roof with oem style rails? Its about, cause its hard to see, 3/4" between roof and bottom of rail. I like the low profile. Overall about 7 1/2" to top of basket rails. My shop has a 10' door because I was thinking. My garage only has 8' cause I was too lazy to move the header when I remodeled. Oh well I have 16" on the 10' and about 4" on the 8'. Thats with my 33.1 tires and 8 turns on the torsions. So most folks should be good to go, unless you have 21 inches of snow like those folks in Colorado and drive like you going in the Batcave!
I tried to answer the questions I had before doing this. I hope I helped and did not get too long. Sorry
Attached Images

Traded 06 I-5 for 08H3 ALPHA/Adv,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn 9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner rear/shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola rack,2GoLights,Hunner steering gear mount,Purple Cranium diff guard,BulletProof tie rods,ARBsnorkle, SyKlone prefilter,Hunner intake pipe.

Last edited by Hunner : 12-23-2006 at 07:14 AM.