View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Guys I would not be fair on this topic if I did not share somethings I learned in My research. When the turbo is mounted and there is a little flexibility as to a little more forward but, mainly You try to keep it in the area of where the muffler was. I had planned to move turbo a little more forward than the one in photo's.

In My studying about how the rain and dust etc. would effect the system I have to say in response to water that if You ran in deep enough water that You submerged the turbo You would have water coming in Your doors. The turbo is tucked nicely up in between the rails and I had contemplated building a protective skid plate under it or actually a cage with air flow to protect it from tall pointy rocks and making a heat shield for turbo to help insulate the bottom of H2 from turbo heat. Also there is a snorkle You can add to raise the air intake up into the fender well. For dust or even rain there is a dry sock that even though it is designed for water it would increase the dust filtering dramaticly. Not sure how much the cover would reduce the ability to draw air into the system, that is something Ben would need to answer.
I felt even though I had My problems with the guy mentioned by not being mentioned there is a way to make this product work in off-roading and would feel remiss if I did not share what I learned about that type of use.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges