View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 03:48 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

So I took your advice and here is a thread started 7 days ago on LS1tech titled Hydrolocked STS? STS just got to it yesterday. Interesting timing....:
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332601&highlight=sts
Some quotes: He "locked" up his first STS truck in a major downpour but was at full boost when it happened. He also had to drain out the water from the intake tubing. Compression and leakdown test showed the damage.

my car always does that in the rain never stalls out though i tend to always be in boost even in the rain but under normal driving conditions it runs ok

Yup, gotta be careful with rain

I lost compression and closed the gap on a wrist pin which lead me to a motor rebuild. I had tested compression a week before the water suckage and I was at 180-186 across the board. Then a couple days after the water problem I tested it again and 2 cylinders were at 140 and 163 while the rest were still at 180+. The motor knocked like a sun of a gun too and it eventually got so bad I was skerd to drive it anymore.

Well guys the rain fell like a mutherfalker yesterday Of course my daily driver was being driven during this massive rain storm. So I was driving as normal with the (filter sock on) and the car started to hesitate when I would give it some gas. Felt like a miss fire! Finally the car stalled out. So I pulled over and waited for the rain to calm down and the streets to drain off. Then I started the car up again and putted (literally) home. Now today when I went to start up the car it threw these engine codes = P0102, P0158, P0172, P0175. I started to drive the car to my g/f house when 1/2 mile from my house when accelerateing lightly it started to jerk again. So I turned around and went back home. When I was in the driveway I tried to clear it out by giving it little revs. It sounds and runs ok (idles fine) until about 3000rpms then starts to "putt". After letting it idle for a while I tried to drive it again and it juss feels like a miss on more than one cylinder

No boost in the rain either.

MAF is the problem. I had this problem on a road trip, sock on but was raining like a mofo. New sock might I add and no boost. Luckily I had HP tuners with me.