View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 02:21 AM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cooper Discovery SST

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagger_lee
I found what a believe to be a pretty good deal on these tires in my area through a buddy's shop. $750 for 4 315's, mounted and balanced. Obviously I will be getting a fifth tire ($850 m&b, out the door), but I wanted to find out if anybody is familiar or had experience using them on any rig. They look a lot like the Toyos as far as tread pattern. I dont know if they are a cheap version of the Toyos? Softer rubber maybe? Not as durable? I haven't seen them really until this weekend. Thanks for any input all!

when i was purchasing 315s the discovery were one of the choices i was going with. the only reason i went with the toyos because i like the outer sidewall pattern, looked a bit more agressive. i could not find anything wrong with them as i looked around. I do not know if they are sipped as the toyos are, but thats not a deal breaker for me.

in my opinion if you get a good deal, i dont know what a good deal would be, it will not be a bad choice at all.

hopefully someone with first hand experience will let you know. do a search of teh forum. i beleive some on here have them and i beleive they have said something about them in teh past.

good luck.