View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Third Diff's a Charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Field Scout
not sure, haven't seen it truck is 3 hours away service guy says its torn.
he said the diff housing was bent so I tell him I thought there was a skid plate to protect that he says there is but mine is torn and pushed in. when I pick up my truck i will ask to see it

That is complete BS. Are you going through a service writer or service manager? BEnding the skid plate is not going to cuase the diff to blow.

The bolts that hold that skid on would break before tearing that skidplate imo. We have made the holes in the back of the skid longer and sheared off a bolt or two but never had the skid plate tourn.

We have also never been refused warranty from wheeling the truck. The underside has been bounced off of and dragged all over the trails. We have skidplate #2 on there with a third set of bolts (the ones in that hold the rear of the skid hang down).

I'd get over to the dealer and start taking pics in front of them while it's up on a lift and let them know you'll be sending these into GM.

I could see them refusing warranty if you took out body panels and front bumper, fender and stuff like that, but this is a know issue with a few of these.

Good luck man.