View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

VegasMike is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H20 Corner Ladder

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
From all the pics I've seen from various angles there doesn't appear to be any attachment points at the bottom...maybe a small bracket slips in the wheel-well where the fender flare splits from the corner bumper piece; but I don't know about around back by the hatch. It sets out so far from the body of the truck that we should see some sort of bracket or something...

Perhaps that's one of the reasons that it caused so much damage when it took the impact...if the bottom didn't have proper support it would just bend right in. Perhaps he designed it as more of a ladder and less of a guard/ladder.

EDIT: I take that back...I think the rear bracket can be seen in this pic. If that's it I think it's a little weak. I'd liked to see something beefier than that; and maybe another in the middle.

That tube you have highlighted looks to me like the down tube for the straight ladder on the back. If you look closely it looks further away in the picture, and if you look at the other pictures above showing the back view, it makes sense that it's a part of the standard ladder, and not attached to the corner ladder. Looking at it further, you can clearly see that tube is behind the taillight guard, and the corner ladder can not extend beyond the that guard in order to allow the hatch to open..

It looks like the bottom of the corner ladder has no support.

Last edited by VegasMike : 07-17-2012 at 05:26 PM.