View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 04:56 AM
Hummer Veteran

EXH1X5 is off the scale
Default Re: looking at buying an older H1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcoleap
I am whole-heartedly with Steve on this one... those numbers are out of whack unless you are a guy who just drives to the dealership for every rattle and quirk.

I bought a 95 that was out of warranty, and I have never spent anywhere near those kinds of amounts. I find that my Land Rover is actually more expensive to maintain than the Hummer is, because the parts are not common GM or otherwise available as "non-genuine" parts.

Like Steve, most of my "Hummer money" has been spent on spare parts, modifications and upgrades - not routine maintenance.

S and M you two guys are definitely "exceptions" to that rule-of-thumb! Now let's consider the extreme opposite end of the cost scale from yours. Did you happen to notice the third person to post to this very thread??? Do you also recall that person stating a while back he had over $50,000.00 worth of repairs done to his '98 HMCO to get it to where he wanted it? His $50K figure no more represents the norm, than you two guy's "on-the-cheap" figures do. I will stick by the figures I previously stated!