View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Elcova Newbie

Snazzy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Repair of the A Pillar Molding to stop the common ?rattle/wind noise? complaint.

I can't imagine this hasn't been tried, but so far it works for me....please let me know if you have done it, did it work, and why shouldn't I have taken this seemingly easy route...but after cleaning the vertical edge between the pillar trim and windshield, I purchased black silicone sealer for windshields or sunroofs, cut the screw on tip so that I could squeeze out a bead of silicone as small as allowable,(1/8")and gently lifted the edge of the trim at the top with my fingernail, I then inserted the plastic tip underneath the edge at the top with the tube at approx 45 deg upward, the trim does flex, and drag and squeeze ample amounts underneath from top to bottom. Pull out at finish, gently press trim so as to spread silicone out underneath and finish with smoothing any that will inadvertently ooze out. This is good because now you have just adhered trim down, and sealed the line between glass and plastic which will prevent the air from lifting and fluttering said trim. Works for me.....so far.
Steve