Thread: Fox Shocks
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

6pack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fox Shocks

So I put on the Fox racing shocks back during the summer. After a couple of months I noticed the rear passenger side sitting lower. I measured from center of hub to bottom of fender: drivers side rear = 26"; passenger side rear = 24.5". The next time I was at the dealer I had them check it and they see the Fox shocks and immediately blame it on them. I shake my head and leave, planning to swap the stock shocks back on and drive back to them (an hour away) to have them finally find the problem. Well, I just got done swapping them and to my surprise it was the shocks. When I measure it with the stock shocks on I get about 25.5" on both sides. So, the dealers off the hook.

Now, how do I fix the shocks? There is a valve on them where I assume you can adjust the pressure. But what goes in there and what pressure am I looking for? I got them from Samco and I sent him an email last weekend but he has not replied yet. Any thoughts?

And I also compared the overall legnths of the rear stock shocks and the Fox shocks. They are identical, 24" from the center of bolt hole at the bottom to the centerline of the mounting spot at the top.
2007 H3 Lux/Adv 5 speed, Gibson Extreme Duals cat-back, K&N FIPK, PCMforless tune, SAW torsion bars, Samco Shackles, Fox Racing shocks, Trail Duty Bump Stops, 35" ProComp Xterrain tires w/Tactical Rims, Gobi Stealth Rack