View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 11:26 PM
Hummer Professional

mountainbiker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My key is stuck in the ignition switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHUMMERH2
Where is FStop? Is he on vacation? Maybe he's in Germany!
LOL- yeah it does seem quiet without him on here. And he's more than welcome to visit the lovely wine country. We even have Wal-Marts (but they are being offloaded) and a soft drink called Lift (made by Coke). Plus, the Christmas Markets will begin soon -- good food and good drink.

Quote:
Sorry about your stuck key. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be because you have no dealer nearby.
Oh god is it. Plus, can you imagine a base of trick-or-treaters out there tonight all walking by a shiny new H3 with a key in the ignition?![/quote]

Quote:
If you place the car in neutral with the brake on and the emergency/parking brake on, will that release the key? Not sure that's even possible, but it's the only location other than park where I can see the key might release.
I have tried in neutral, but I am not sure I tried in combination with the parking brake. I will have to give it a go. The manual says it has to be in park. Plus, in bold black text it says don't force it. (I wonder why they had to make it bold and to say that?!)