Thread: Hummer Wantabe
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 09:45 PM
Hummer Professional

lance-n is off the scale
Default Re: Hummer Wantabe

Kudo's on the reply!!! The FJ's are a resurection of one of the best off-road rigs ever built.
A friend of mine just received his FJ Cruiser last week and it is DYNAMITE!!!
His is black with a white top. He did add custom wheels and a 3" lift kit, but it is still lower than my stock H3 with 33's! The FJ drives really nice, although it is a bumpier ride than the H3. I guess maybe it has a little bit shorter wheelbase. It is roomy inside, but less space than the H3. Can't even fit short boards in the back with the seats down! It does have a real 4wd shifter in the console, something I trust more than the "push button 4wd" the H3's have.
The dash is set up very nice, with large, readable gauges, a level indicator too. The interior is not as nice as the H3's, however after actually seeing it, it is nicer than the website looks.
He purchased the upgraded sound system and it has a large subwoofer in the back. Nice sound, but way overload, I must be getting too old for that kind of stuff!!
The FJ's really are sweet looking rigs. I will get back to you in a year and let you know how it is then, but around here, the Toyotas seem to be the rigs that last the longest. Time will tell.

1995 White mint OJ mobile (full size Ford Bronco) - sold

2007 Silver Nissan Armada - wifemobile
2005 42' Tiara Sportfisher - Tournament Rigged and 40 knots!