View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 11:58 AM

Modley is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Modley:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
Just PM me with the last eight digits of your VIN. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just sent it to you. I would love to know if I'm being BS'd </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Strange, didn't get it.

As for why there is not a recall if it is a calibration.

If this is a legitimate thread, it takes time to write a calibration. The problem has to be analyzed. Makes no sense to go out with a new calibration that could cause other problems.
If an engine is burning too lean, destroying valves, then it does not make sense to richen up the mixture, and have another problem pop up. In other words, you just can't fix a lean condition, and every time an engine calibration is changed, it has to be emission certified.
In addition, it could be what is called a "quality spill." Heads may actually be the problem and only certain ones are affected. (Similar to the rear axle problem early in the game.)
Then again, if it is only five or ten H3s that have shown up, out of 28K that have been sold, this won't even attract attention.
TAC will send a report to the powertrain engineering report, but if it just started it takes time to come out with a repair.

They have quite a few of these H3s in the GM fleet, some with loads of miles, and I have not heard a thing about this problem (doesn't mean it does not exist). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well thats what he's telling me. I guess he's lying to me.

I sent you the PM with the VIN by clicking on start a private thread. Did you check there?