View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 03:42 PM

kilo3031 is off the scale

I started having trouble with my H3 about 5 days after purchasing the vehicle. Up to the point, I was completely satisfied with the vehicle.

The problem started when I switched my lights from auto to parking lights. This caused the engine to turn off. When I tried to turn the vehicle on, the windshield wipers starting going crazy and the engine would not turn. A light appeared on my dash (the light with a vehicle symbol with a lock in front of it).

The problem happened at a camp location 270 miles away from my home at midnight. I called onstar and they did not see any problems. I had to have my vehicle pulled to the campsite.

I tried turning on the vehicle an hour later and it turned on fine, no problem. I was able to ride the vehicle all day the next day, but the problem returned in the late afternoon. I left the car parked there and again was able to turn on the vehicle the next day.

When the problem happened again, I found that I was able to turn on the vehicle by turning off the exterior lights. As soon as I operated the windshield wipers or headlights, the vehicle would shut off (even during motion).

The next day I had the problem all day but was able to get home before it got dark (had to hurry because lights no longer come on without causing engine to shut off)

My vehicle has been sitting at the dealer going on its fourth day and they are baffled. No fix seems near.

What should I do? Can I make the dealer give me a new vehicle? Vehicle has been non-functional longer than I had it running normally.