View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 04:03 AM
Hummer Expert

CONRAD II is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Member from the Rockies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho
Rhyno,
Thanks for the compliment. Your rig is rocking it also!!

I run the BFG's in the winter and Toyo's in the spring, summer and early fall.
I usually take the Toyo's off in late October due to the fact they spray salt and Mag-Chloride here in the winters like no other. That stuff is rough on custom wheels. I don't worry about that stuff taking it's toll on the 17's as much as I do on the 20' Helos wheels. The BFG's are a good tire combo and they have gave me many miles of wear and tear. The Toyos aren't as noisy but they stick out of the fenders a little more even though they are a 35' tire. Doesn't really worry me though. But I would take the BFG's in the winter over the Toyo's but both are good tires. I am interestied in knowing if there is anybody currently running 40X15.50R20 or 38X15.50R20 Nitto Mud Grapplers. I am seriously considering going with that tire as I like that aggressive look but any feedback would be great from anybody who currently runs them????

TKS,

I ran the 37 inch grapplers before I got my lift. The tires are great offroad but they are loud on the hwy and they loose their tread fast. For example, I ran mine on the hwy and only got about 30 thousand miles on them bf they were like slicks. I have the 38 inch kumos right now and I really like them both on and offroad. The Kumo's also don't make nearly as much noise as the grapplers and they still have a very aggressive look.

03' White 2 Door H1 Pickup w/ 2in. body lift
05' BLACK SUT SLANTBACK Magnacharged w\ 12lb pulley, 6in. Fabtech lift, tierods, BUILT 4L80E tranny, 5.13 gears
66' VETTE STINGRAY
12' DODGE RAM 2500 CUMMINS 4X4 W/ FRONT & REAR LOCKERS
07' Z06