View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

BigKofJustice is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stopped by to say good bye.....

Fuel prices will go in cycles. Theres plenty of oil out there, the oil companies don't wish to cut their own hands off by adding more capacity to lower prices, so they'll tow the "peak oil" line by the enviros because it suits their bottom line.

Oil prices rise and fall, as the US dollar gets stronger, oil prices will fall, thats the real cause of high oil prices, google petrodollar, the whole world trades oil with US Dollars and it really hurts them to covert back and forth because of the lousy exchange rate.

Besides, the way the automakers are acting, there will be a large portion of electric plug and drive, and plug in hybrids in a few years, that's going to drive oil prices down big time. The oil companies and opec need to watch what they're doing, because they'll price themselves out of existence.

TAZ is right on the money, I have many relatives in oil exploration in Alberta and Newfoundland up in Canada, and theres many old wells they are "dry" that get capped, only to open up again a few years later when the price per barrel is up. Go figure.

I went on a business trip for 2 week and I when I got back diesel dropped by 70 cents a gallon in some places in LA, and it's still falling.