View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 06:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

MR Tool is off the scale

I saw alot of humor in the video. I was laughing and enjoying it. Then Hitler.

Look, I know alot of people that built and used the old army jeeps during WWII, many (a few thousand) are my neighbors. They are old and retired and don't wheel or use the internet.

My pride may have something to do with it, but I feel as a Jeep owner who lives 3 miles from the Jeep plant, and is a WWII veterans grandson, who happens to use a Rubicon as a DD and happens to be a history (especially WWII) enthusiast, and has been walking on rocks since about 3yrs old,
That it is my duty to say/do something.

I may have taken it a little more personal than most. I'll get over it.

I get the point of the video. And I'm sorry that people rib H2's. But respect is MY point.

I still have no problems with whatever you wheel, I would like to see more H2 on the trails, and imagine that I will see some people from this board on the trails someday.

I have read this board before, and know what you guys are about. Really not much different than the rest of us web-wheelers, you just have H2's.

You get the sterotype because of all the bling, and we all know there is even a lower percantage of people that wheel thier H2 as compared to Jeeps.

so here is the sterotype facts fo me

I am not a "Brand loyalist" ( well a little, it's my local economy)
I prefer a Jeep because:
It snows here.
I can take top off.
I can take doors off.
The engineers get alot of good ideas to production. (and yes some bad ones)
They are generally easy to fix. (I work on all my own junk)
If all hell breaks looks on this planet and I survive with a full tank of gas, my long term survival chances are better than someone without one.

blah blah blah..and I can afford a H2 if I wanted one.