H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-03-2005, 08:26 PM
Hummer Professional

funpilot is off the scale

I have been able to confirm that my H3 has been pulled from being shipped for several weeks now due to QC concerns at the factory....we do not know when it will be shipped. So, my dealer has agreed to let me re-order the truck and now I can get my side curtain airbags. Also am going to get the brush guard now as I learned that it is too expensive to ask the dealer to add it later...best to get it from the factory.

H3 Builder....any idea what would have held it up? I am not mad, it is probably a blessing in disguise as I really wanted the side curtain airbags.

Now that I have seen the grey...not sure I will stoick with it as it is not the same color as they had at the NY Car show. So, what color should I get?
Old 06-03-2005, 08:26 PM
Hummer Professional

I have been able to confirm that my H3 has been pulled from being shipped for several weeks now due to QC concerns at the factory....we do not know when it will be shipped. So, my dealer has agreed to let me re-order the truck and now I can get my side curtain airbags. Also am going to get the brush guard now as I learned that it is too expensive to ask the dealer to add it later...best to get it from the factory.

H3 Builder....any idea what would have held it up? I am not mad, it is probably a blessing in disguise as I really wanted the side curtain airbags.

Now that I have seen the grey...not sure I will stoick with it as it is not the same color as they had at the NY Car show. So, what color should I get?
Old 06-03-2005, 09:48 PM

firm is off the scale

Yellow
Old 06-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

If you're going to re-order and wait a couple of months, I'd say you should go for the blue, I will order that one if I have to re-order.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Hummer Professional

My dealer says I will only wait less than a month.....
Old 06-03-2005, 10:16 PM
Hummer Professional

I like yellow...my wife hates it.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the yellow but a good friend already has a yellow H2 so I would go with blue too.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 06-03-2005, 11:35 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Builder is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have been able to confirm that my H3 has been pulled from being shipped for several weeks now due to QC concerns at the factory....we do not know when it will be shipped. So, my dealer has agreed to let me re-order the truck and now I can get my side curtain airbags. Also am going to get the brush guard now as I learned that it is too expensive to ask the dealer to add it later...best to get it from the factory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure what would be holding anything up. I know the lot is filling up again, but I see some being loaded up on the carriers and railcars.
We don't put the brush guards on at the factory. That is a dealer installed option. I have noticed that some of the dealer options show up on the stickerprice and maybe thats where you'd save money? I don't know.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

Any H3 sales person that could clarify this? Should the dealer install the brush guard (or any other dealer installed options) for no extra charge? I mean.. how difficult could it be to screw the assist steps and the brush guard into the chasis?! I'm not sure about the marker lights, but I think that you could install all the extra options at home... any thoughts?
Old 06-04-2005, 12:39 AM
Hummer Professional

I was told by our local dealer that it took them almost 3 hours to do their first brush guard as it involved taking off a lot of the front end.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:11 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funpilot:
I have been able to confirm that my H3 has been pulled from being shipped for several weeks now due to QC concerns at the factory.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine was confirmed to be built as of Wed. And then the dealer called and told me mine was shipped on Thursday. Is this possible that it can be shipped out the very next day???? The dealer sais it can be two to three weeks to get here now. i was told by the dealer that the minor QC issue had to do with the front windshield frame and has already been fixed. They had a run of them and have already fixed/ repalced them and sent the trucks on their way.

Builder, can you confirm this?
Old 06-04-2005, 03:39 AM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Mine was confirmed to be built as of Wed. And then the dealer called and told me mine was shipped on Thursday. Is this possible that it can be shipped out the very next day???? The dealer sais it can be two to three weeks to get here now. i was told by the dealer that the minor QC issue had to do with the front windshield frame and has already been fixed. They had a run of them and have already fixed/ repalced them and sent the trucks on their way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a new one, windshield frame. Haven't changed any parts for that. We had a short week and a number of folks took vacation this week so it won't be till next week before I can find out much info on possible problems or holdups. I do know we are still building 300 a day, no change there. Yes, if everything is right with the vehicle, it could go straight out.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:41 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funpilot:
I was told by our local dealer that it took them almost 3 hours to do their first brush guard as it involved taking off a lot of the front end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey, where are you getting yours anyway? I don't think you ever said.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:48 AM

H3 Buyer to be? is off the scale

I am getting mine from Erin at Sewell, and I have a guy that is flying from KY to TX to pick it up Thursday then driving it to me here in Scottsdale. I bought one that was coming in for stock unsold, and it is SUPPOSED to be here any day. I am sure I will go crazy the longer it takes to get in!
Old 06-04-2005, 05:01 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard they ran out of LEGOs.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:23 AM
Hummer Professional

I am getting mine from a dealer in NJ, actually not too far from where I work in NYC.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:33 AM

srqhumdinger is off the scale

funpilot, could you tell how the grey was not what you expected? How was it different from the one at the car show? We have also ordered a grey one, but not seen one in person.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Hummer Veteran

tony d is an unknown quantity at this point

yes tell us about the grey , because based on what i saw at the nyc show that's what I was going to order !
Old 06-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

tony d is an unknown quantity at this point

funpilot what dealer in n.j. did you get yours from ?
Old 06-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">yes tell us about the grey , because based on what i saw at the nyc show that's what I was going to order ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same thing. When I first saw them I thought it was silver, but it is called boulder grey.