H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Die MF, Die MF, Die MF...DIE......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRH
Damn, that sux...
I've parked mine all over downtown Dallas (used to work in the green building) and haven't had any issues...

Was it Dallas and if so, which building/lot?

Bastards...

I caught this this morning. It may be on the rise there- or not, just thought I'd post it.

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/stori....991847ef.html
Old 09-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

Groundpounder is on a distinguished road

Really sorry about your H3. As for the alarms -Why get one? I am a police officer and I hear those things go off all the time. I have never seen anyone check out their vehicle when it goes off. I have noted when someone needs a jump start, the first thing I ask is if they recently had an alarm installed. It pulls enough juice to drain the battery, if it sits for a time in a lot. Still not enough of a deterrent. It does not mean someone is messing with your vehicle when one goes off, it means someone is in and stuff is gone.
They best stop for the thief is a .357, 40 or 45.
2006 Slate Blue Metallic H3, FlowMaster exhaust, True Flow cold air intake system, Ground Force rear lowering kit, custom locking fuel door, chrome hood grill w/handle, US Speedo gauge kit (chrome and red numbers), Custom rear tire cover, chrome tail light guard, custom paint on skid plate, new pin stripping, USMC front license plate. Semper Fi
Old 09-06-2007, 03:37 AM
Hummer Expert

blindzebra is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd take a pair of pliers to his toenails
Old 09-06-2007, 05:30 AM
Hummer Veteran

Gunner_45 is on a distinguished road

Ok folks....A couple of days have passed now and I have calmed down a bit.

Can't thank you guys enough for the support and opportunity to vent.

The truck is now in the shop and I'm in a decent rental?..(White Buick Lucerne)

Can't decide whether to call it Leviathan or the White Whale.......My H3 has a better turning radius.

Had a smooth ride with the insurance company and it looks likes
the H3 is in good hands with the Sewell Collision Center. I guess I'll get
to see if they live up to their reputation.......

Final estimate: $1076.30
ETR: Unknown

Previously unseen damage to the door frame and inner door panel ran the
cost up quite a bit. Unfortunately, they will have to paint the whole door.

Wonder if they can match the factory orange peel......

Any who....

As bad as I want retribution, it quite simply is not going to happen. Just something I need to get over.

I will however, do my utmost to make the property manager?s life as miserable as I can. (Some solace there at least)

From what I understand there were two other hi-end rides (Benz & Lexus) that were burgled and the owners have assured me
they will be up Ms Penelope Property Manager's ass with a jackhammer as well.

So in the end?the car should be close to new again, I aint in jail or stabbed and laying in the hospital...
And I can always re-make my $$ deductible?.

Once it's back....

I have some new Katzkins to get installed, a pair KC?s to wire up, a few new mods to make and some trails to explore
(If the paint is cured up enough).

I?ll let you know how everything turns out.

Remember......be ever vigilant.

-Author Unknown
Old 09-06-2007, 05:38 AM
Hummer Veteran

Gunner_45 is on a distinguished road

Almost forgot...

SteveRH: It happened in the resident’s garage at my place here in Uptown.

BTW: You got a Gobi or something on top of that rig now along with all the accoutrements?

Capo H3: Yeah, those are ProComps and Swampers. Thanks for noticing.

-Author Unknown
Old 09-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

Steve #1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpounder
Really sorry about your H3. As for the alarms -Why get one? I am a police officer and I hear those things go off all the time. I have never seen anyone check out their vehicle when it goes off. I have noted when someone needs a jump start, the first thing I ask is if they recently had an alarm installed. It pulls enough juice to drain the battery, if it sits for a time in a lot. Still not enough of a deterrent. It does not mean someone is messing with your vehicle when one goes off, it means someone is in and stuff is gone.
They best stop for the thief is a .357, 40 or 45.

You're right in part in that a lot of people ignore alarms. You'll also notice when an alarm goes off in a parking lot that people tend to look around to see what vehicle it is. Granted, it's more out of disgust than concern, but still they're looking.

The other problems you mention come from poor quality alarms or even more of a factor, poorly installed alarms.

If I hear the alarm going off on one of my vehicles, I will check it. Why, because it doesn't false (OK, I have had a hail storm set off a glass break sensor).

The siren under the hood isn't much of a deterrent. The sirens inside the vehicle are as is the air horn under the hood if they go far enough to trip it.

The other benefits of an alarm are insurance discounts and convenience features like remote start and window automation etc.

Your suggestion for "the best way to deal with a thief" is a bit extreme for property theft or vandalism IMHO.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry about your brake in.. That sucks big time.. As far as the alarm thing goes ....nobody pays attention to them most of the time. Except.. when your carrying a remote that alerts you that your alarm went off and shows you the brake in point on a display.

I have the Viper SST5900 which does just that, up to a mile in range. depending on terrain. My 3 is in my drive way at night and if some one brakes in or jacks it up or even hangs around the the 3 ..the proximity sensor will trip the alarm.

It has already paid for it's self a few weeks ago at 2:am in the morning. Some one was up to something when the alarm went off and the remote signaled me. I got to the front door to just catch the red of a set of tail lights hauling ass from the church parking lot across the street.

So yes..for the most part ..alarms are only good if they call you. Maybe you should look into the Viper.