H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Hummer Expert

twenty2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please Help!!!

Found in my garage today that I was leaking alot of coolant underneath my rig. I searched around and it looked like it was coming from my water pump. I had it checked, and it is confirmed. The guy wanted 410.00 for the pump, and I passed on it. I checked ebay, and found this BRAND NEW.

Can anyone tell me if this is exactly the pump I need?????? And, for this price, I can't pass it up....

Thank you all!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04-05-06-Hummer-H2-Series-Water-Pump_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a570Q7c66Q3a2 Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3 a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem 250327585253QQitemZ250327585253QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5 fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
2003 H2 Lux Series. Murdered Out! 20x10 Eagle Wrapped with Nitto Mud Grapplers 35x12.5x20 Full tint including windshield, full LED interior, K&N Intake, HID Headlights & Fogs, Plasti Dip Skid plate & front/back Lower Bumpers, List goes on!
Old 12-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Hummer Expert

IRA51 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Please Help!!!

ITS THE SAME AS A CHEVY 2500 HD PU 6.0 GAS. Nappa or Autozone has them cheap under $100.00. get a new one not a rebuilt . very little skill required to change one ,but you will have to work at it . it's a 2.5 hour job for me . the only hard part (if you have never done it B4 ) is getting the fan off the pump . this is a good time to flush and change the coolant and thermostat. use Dexcool with distilled water.
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by IRA51 : 12-13-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

05h2sut is on a distinguished road

I didn't know the OEM was a Bosch...

http://www.rockauto.com

Rock Auto has about 10 different brands including OEM Bosch for $108, starting at about $75, $80 for the AC/Delco...
Old 12-14-2008, 02:38 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point

Double check, 9 times out of ten its just the gaskets that leak. Replaced many gaskets and only a few pumps. If i was betting money on this one i would replace the gaskets and see what happens. Let me know and i will send ya the torque specs, a critical part with these type of gaskets.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Hey Guys would like some advice on using electric water pump full time since I run all electric fan setup. My concern is the electric pump would be in a no stop pumping situation until key is turned off and Mall Queen is on rest time.

I have 2 things that will be different in 2009 driving use as I plan to drive it more and enjoy it.

1) I will be pulling about a 25' to 30' travel trailer to shows and some camping to fish. I know from what little research I have done is that the newer model pumps can push an amazing number of gallons per hour which can actually be risky in that coolant could be pushed to fast through radiator not giving enough time for heat transfer from coolant to rad. fins etc.

2) I hope to go in March 2009 to Goliad, TX for try at land speed trials. It will be fairly cool but, still top notch cooling needed. Although runs are short and quick cooling should not be major problem here. The fact remains careful choice of electric cooling pump for wide range of needs is still important.
I do not want to underestimate the cooling in this situation but, surely not as tough as towing.

I would appreciate any knowledge in this area and very grateful to any who take it upon themselves to do research to help me in selecting the best dependable pump a well as best volume pump that can take care of many needs. I think some are adjustable to meet varying situational needs.

Thanks for any help,

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 12-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMTECH
Double check, 9 times out of ten its just the gaskets that leak. Replaced many gaskets and only a few pumps. If i was betting money on this one i would replace the gaskets and see what happens. Let me know and i will send ya the torque specs, a critical part with these type of gaskets.

yes, could you send me torque specs? And, is that something I can get at Napa or Autozone?
2003 H2 Lux Series. Murdered Out! 20x10 Eagle Wrapped with Nitto Mud Grapplers 35x12.5x20 Full tint including windshield, full LED interior, K&N Intake, HID Headlights & Fogs, Plasti Dip Skid plate & front/back Lower Bumpers, List goes on!
Old 12-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

05h2sut is on a distinguished road

waterpump.pdf
Old 12-15-2008, 05:12 AM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

although I'm no expert on this issue. I would never pull the water pump and change gaskets without changing the pump as well. Same amount of work, sure would not want to do it twice. (even if the gasket swap worked, how long before the pump goes out anyway. 60 to 80k)

Good luck
Old 12-15-2008, 05:53 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point

Your right if ya dont mind spending money when its not necessary, the pumps on the gen 4 motors have been standing up pretty well though. Torque specs are tighten all 6 bolts to 11 ft lbs and then do a second pass at 22 ft lbs.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:54 AM
Hummer Novice

Magnacharged H2 is on a distinguished road

I just changed my water pump about 3 weeks ago and purchased it from napa it was new and included all new gaskets. My pump was leaking around the nose of the pully and I have 90k on my truck. Its a good time to replace belts and hoses keep old ones for spares. cost was about $120 I think.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnacharged H2
I just changed my water pump about 3 weeks ago and purchased it from napa it was new and included all new gaskets. My pump was leaking around the nose of the pully and I have 90k on my truck. Its a good time to replace belts and hoses keep old ones for spares. cost was about $120 I think.

Thanks for everyones help!! Im just going to purchase one brand new and get r done. Actually, have someone else get-r-done.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Hummer Expert

thanks for everyones help the other day. I ended up changing the water pump, thermostat, and serpentine belt. I should change the ac belt since I was in there.... but I'll do it this weekend. The bank1 and bank 2 issue was all resolved when I found my intake tube from my K&N was loose going into the manifold. Causing unwanted air. Which was great!! So, I didnt have to get any O2 sensors!! Coolant flush coming later on today and changing the a/c belt cause theres a bit of sqeeling going on.... hope that fixes it...