H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 10-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

31sonic is on a distinguished road
Default marker lites replacement ?

has there been a permenant fix or replacement available for the marker lite problems ?
Old 10-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: marker lites replacement ?

The PI Bulletin has a date a statement:

....will be released in November 2006....
I believe the original stated something about "fall" of '06, but it appears this date could not be made.

I would bet it is all due to the noise related problems.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Hummer Expert

H3.007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Off-road lights
Old 10-07-2006, 06:18 AM
Steve - SanJose

Still waiting for the real fix / totally redesigned marker lights....
Old 11-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

FutureHummerOwner is off the scale

F5Stop, any news on the marker lights front? I am getting my H3 this week and was curious how much longer I need to wait till a fix is out for those dang marker lights.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:34 AM
Hummer Authority

K9sH3 is on a distinguished road

Why is that GM / Hummer does not place this, and many other things discused in these forums, as a recall? Or at least step up and notify the owners of said problems. I have no idea how they came to know that if I used my jack to many times it may fail or how my rear wiper motor may not work at some point (both current recalls). I don't know how these things work, but would love to hear everyones point of view on this.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

FutureHummerOwner is off the scale

I really appreciate you jacking my thread. Next time I'm in line at the grocery store, please feel free to cut in front of me.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Hummer Authority

SnakeH2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureHummerOwner
I really appreciate you jacking my thread. Next time I'm in line at the grocery store, please feel free to cut in front of me.

Doesn't look like it was your thread Holmes. Looks like you were jacking someone else.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9sH3
Why is that GM / Hummer does not place this, and many other things discused in these forums, as a recall? Or at least step up and notify the owners of said problems. I have no idea how they came to know that if I used my jack to many times it may fail or how my rear wiper motor may not work at some point (both current recalls). I don't know how these things work, but would love to hear everyones point of view on this.

There are different types of campaigns (recalls).
Safety and/or MVSS (motor vehicle safety spec -FMVSS for Federal, CMVSS for Canadian) - These are the campaigns that relate to a safety problem that was discovered such as brake failure, air bag failure; something that can get people hurt. The MVSS campaigns (also known as Noncompliance) can also be safety related, in that vehicles are required to be built to some MVSS specs, or cannot be shipped, legally, without some specified content. Many times the two are related.
Examples:
Safety campaign for H3 is campaign #06102 published in regard to seat covers that may interfere with the operation of the passengers seat sensing system.
MVSS campaign for the H3 is campaign #05109 where the tire and loading information sticker was incorrect as shipped from the factory.

Emissions - Pretty much self-explanatory

Inventory Upgrade Campaign - These types could be due to a new calibration being issued for vehicles that have already shipped from the plant.

Customer Satisfaction Campaign - The rear wiper and jack were customer satisfaction campaigns.

Your roof lights are not a safety or emissions problem; therefore no emissions or safety campaign would be issued.
They are a noise problem, and not experienced by everyone. I have talked with three people with these lights, two notice no noise problems, one noticed it from day one. One actually installed the set himself, had problems initially, and added some foam, and did away with the noise problem.

GM is currently testing a new set to make sure they are right this time, and they understand that those with noise problems would have already registered this problem with a dealer, and hopefully, the dealer will notify the customer when the new set is released.
To be honest, I see no reason for a campaign, since I'm sure those with noise problems will know they have a noise problem and will line up when the new ones are released. Those without noise problems, don't care, and why mess around with something that is not noisy?

I am not saying it is not a problem, I'm just saying a campaign may not be necessary since those with problems will be lined up to get the new ones. I'm also not saying GM will not issue a Customer Satisfaction Campaign for this problem...at this time I don't know.

As for other items listed on this forum...
Do you think this forum has the majority of H3 owners visiting this site? Even though this is (in my opinion) the best Hummer site on the Internet, it still has a small number of H3 owners when compared to the number of H3s that have been sold. Even the infamous front diff problem is registered by a small number of members. (Not saying I don't agree that the front diff needs redesigning.) The rear brake/transfer case groan is also a small number of people.