Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 04-22-2008, 06:53 AM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: Help with picking out motorcycle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Big Z

I have been looking at Victory bikes closely. I did not see it mentioned in the article but, if I had all te money to spend on a bike I would have to look a Victory Tour Vision. It is set up full rig like Golden Eagle but, the lines of it is just so much better. I have been a Golden Wing fan and hoped to find one in early or late 90's for a great price but, the 80's models are bringing allot more than what I thought.

Someone recommend an older Yamaha tourer for me.

Oh I like the BMW GS but, I think it would look funny with balding head and 51 years old. If my body would take it I would still be running my 4-wheeler in the offroad through the tree lowland bottows races. Man that is fun. I have seen wheelers ride of and competely loose ride in a second in marsh type bogg.

Well thanks to all for trying to help me.

TAZ

The Whole Article is about the Victory's--just worked for me anyway--Good luck on your search!
Old 07-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Hey Motorcycle 2nd Love or better Gang,

I have gotten my choice for a bike down to 2. I have been slowed down due to clearing up seizures etc. That is another story.

I'm looking hard for a good clean low mileage late model 1990 to 1996 or 1998 Honda Pacific Coast 800. The more I studied about them the more I loved them. I do not understand why they stopped making them. If I cannot find one soon enough or I do not go with my 2nd but, equal choice I'm thinking about a Honda Rebel since it is a starter cruiser which would allow me to get use to riding again as well as build my strength physically also.

Now for the other bike I'm looking equally as hard at is a new 2008 Hyosung GV650. The engine is basicly Suzuki and the tranny has many Harley parts. It comes with a 2 year front to back warranty no restrictions. It sits low so I get good flat feet contact with ground. It is 71HP high torque lowend factory. To lowend high torque. Answer is a new exhaust kit that goes from 1 single big pipe out back to 2 shorter pipes plus the kit comes with new air box system and carb kit to rejet. This kit lightens bottom end torque raises HP to between 80 & 85 plus pushs top end on up. Top end was good anyway but, Less rpm and fuel on interstate for the several trips a year to Nashville to see new grandson and several trips to Carrollton, TX to see best Bud since 6th grade.

Most info was out there for me on PC800 and have gotten really good reports from Hyosung bike owners I could reach in Arkansas. We have 7 or 8 dealers in AR which surprised me. The really nice PC800's with 5 to 10K miles run around $5000 and the new 2008 Hyosung GV650 which looks real close like a
V-Rod is $6500 including all dealer add on stuff like prep and shipping. There are some orange with black wide stripe down top of fenders and tank that are 2007 only that can be gotten for $5500 or less with full warranty. One dealer says it was close to time to pay int. for floor plan and if I would make 3 hour drive there was no way I would leave without that bike. He would make it work. I like the orange fine but, 2008 has a real light blue with the slightly dark silver frame that just looks classy to me like when I first laid eyes on a stainless V-Rod.

Well I was asked to report and I know I gave more info than needed but, thought if a few who new bikes sort of got my feelings on these 2 bikes or using a stand by 3rd choice till I got one of first choices would understand and help guide me, plus maybe some knew or would research Hyosung with me. It is Korean and this company basicly fills most all of many parts for Suzuki Asian sold bikes and has been in business for 30 something years. 37 I think.

Well help me out. The only hold back on PC800 is high cost for mostly late 80 and early 90 models. I have run across some peaches with nice rifle windscreens added and other stuff but, $6000 plus shipping of $800 to $1,600 with bad stories about damage by shipper. Cost goes up allot to have it shipped by itself in a special situation haul.

Thanks to all who have info to help me. Hyosungmotorsusa.com if you want to check out info and see the 07 orange as well as 08 blue colors. I plan on pinstriping whatever I get including the (mini Goldwing it is nicknamed) PC800.

Thanks for anyones interest!!!!!!!!!!

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 07-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road

Wow...... a Honda Rebel or a Hyosung?

Don't do it.

Other than that I don't even know what to say.

Name:  IMG_0450 (Medium).JPG
Views: 255
Size:  95.5 KB

Old 07-06-2008, 11:59 PM
Hummer Authority

OK....... I thought of something else to say.

Name:  xl1200n.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  45.8 KB

Some guys are still gonna say it's a chick ride, but you can still keep your self respect on the right Harley Sportster.

There are some very cool ones out there....... reasonable.

They can be fast and fun to ride.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Hummer Guru

Big Dad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedH2
Wow...... a Honda Rebel or a Hyosung?

Don't do it.

Other than that I don't even know what to say.

Attachment 48826

Nice bike....

Old 07-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

No offense, but:

(1) The PC800 was a wife's answer to her husband's ST1100.
(2) The Hyosung is garbage.
(3) The Honda Rebel...if you weigh more than 85lbs, it will not get out of its own way and you'll get run over from behind on the highway.

Since you seem to like the PC800 so much, try shopping around for an ST1100...you just may be surprised by the prices compared to the PC800. I know several guys that have put in excess of 100,000 miles on their STs...and now they're riding ST1300s.

Given your talk of traveling by bike, I think you're on the right path with a sport-tourer. I put 300 miles on a borrowed 2003 VRod last week...absolutely miserable, I'd rather have been on a full-on race replica sportbike. Then again, I've done countless 300-600 mile days on sportbikes, never on a cruiser.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Hey Motorcycle 2nd Love or better Gang,

Thanks for anyones interest!!!!!!!!!!

TAZ

Anyone who considers themselves to have a second love for motorcycles, isn't gonna recommend a Hyosung. The biggest relative consideration with that bike is cost.

The money involved is all relative.

A new Hyosung might cost around what another used bike does, but that doesn't mean they are comparable.

The right used bike can be better in every respect than the new Hyosung...... and cost the same.

In a few years the Hyosung will be worthless and the used bike you could have bought will be worth as much as you would have paid.

We all have our own individual preferences....... I like big American bikes. Before I could afford what I wanted, I rode big Japanese cruisers, before that, sport bikes.

I have logged many 900+ mile days on cruisers.

There are plenty of used big Japanese cruiser bikes that are powerful, comfortable and reliable for sale at the same money as the POS Hyosung.

The Gold Wing and Pacific Coast have a modern look and there are many available with the more traditional look.

TXSUT is right about the Rebel (can't get out of it's own way). Friends will not let friends ride a Rebel.

Get a bike that will have enough power after you've readjusted to riding again. You don't need to "get after it" while practicing........ but you will ride differently after you become comfortable.

A lack of power can be a safety issue. Power can get you out of some problems as well as get you into them.

There are so many big cruisers to choose from in your Hyosung price range and most will offer great reliability.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Hummer Authority

Thank You for your help and advice.

First I do not know if any of you are familiar with my health issues in the past. I'm getting better now but, have had a heart set back which is new. I also have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia now.
You could search for other things but, had chance to lay down and die 6 times since my first time on 3/17/2001. 5 other times followed over the years but, unless the Big Guy was just going to reach down and take me I was not going by any earthly means. Basicly 2 different avenues of battle one side is 1 thing causing the next problem to show up a year or more after victory thought was had finally. The other avenue is just one thing piling onto things already there. Neurological. I never stop fighting and many worse than me but, yet things I have to take into account when I want to do something. Cardio stopped my jumping out of planes so I pick something else or go back to things I enjoyed in the past. Now I will ride a bike and I will build a drag race car for just the sportsman class. I will drive both of these dreams now or not do it and find something else.

The PC800 was picked due to weight and still ride with the 1100 or bigger as long as they ride nicely and not go nuts. So that was my thought there and then move up. I can ride now in condition I am in or just sit in house working out to get srtong enough. I have been confined in home for over 2 years and going nuts. It is fine to get out now following instructions and no problem with that.

Now on the Hyosung the power to weight is really great and shocks can be set to ride like clouds. I personally cannot find things wrong but, open minded and would like to get hands on info if you can direct me to it showing GV650 problems. In fact I would beg for info. It is 90 degree V-twin full of Suzuki engine and Harley tranny parts itself. The co. is almost the leading producer of machines in Asia and is the Leader in parts made for other brands one being Suzuki. i have run suzuki 4x4 ATV on the farm mainly running rice fields in mud and water morning and night. They could not be destroyed. I kept everyone bought since the first 1987 250 4x4 that had 27,000 miles on it when I gave it to my right hand man who road it everyday and when new ride came in he refused 400cc saying with right tires he could go anywhere plus it was light he could lift it and move it no winchs needed.

Guys I'm just trying to shed light on some of my thinking. My arms and legs will get stronger but, I want to make some 5 hour rides on interstate asap as well as 3/5 hour rides up in the Ozark mountains. Please shed more light on GV650 or PC800. I do not care much what people think of the bike if it is doing what I need for this season with it to be gone come Oct., if lucky for that long. Yet enough time to get ready for 2009 season.

Thank You for being frank but, just look from my eyes with my reasoning and perception.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 07-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Suzuki wasn't about to supply engines to a Korean upstart with the potential to take a bite out of its bottom line.

Taz, I think someone's been blowing smoke up your ass about it being built with Suzuki parts.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Hummer Professional

mdoyle is on a distinguished road

What's the difference between a Harley Davidson and a Hoover Vacuum?

The location of the dirt bag!

All our local stations are running PSA's on motorcycle safety and sharing the road. They urge drivers to "watch out for motorcyclist" but anyone that rides will tell you, you have to ride like drivers don't see you.

Of course, not riding an all black bike while wearing all black goes a long way to helping "be seen".
Old 07-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Hummer Authority

Geez Taz I wasn't aware of your health problems (to that degree anyway).

I admire your will.

I'm questioning your reasoning though..... The decision to ride again under these circumstances is sketchy.

People drive like sh!t dude! The last motorcycle wreck I had could not have been avoided. A young girl (17) pulled out of a parking lot directly in front of me. I was going straight and she made a left hand turn that intersected my path........ there was absolutely no where to go....... all the options available were bad. One second to decide. I still think I made the right decision (best option available) and got lucky.

Recovery took a long time (broken arm, disks in my back, numerous cuts and road rash), and I considered myself to be in excellent health.

I was not wearing all black.

The power to weight argument seems to make sense for you (although two up is out)........ but when you are faced with no options........ the price you might pay could be higher than another in the same situation.

Build the drag car........ literally it's safer!

* EDIT

My last wreck happened after just coming back from a 5 thousand mile motorcycle trip that lasted two weeks........ I had been home for a couple days, went down to the gas station (around the corner from my house) to fill the tank.

Last edited by RuggedH2 : 07-09-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSUT
Taz, I think someone's been blowing smoke up your ass about it being built with Suzuki parts.

TXSUT
I have been getting info from everywhere about the Hyosung GV650. It looks allot like the V-Rod which I fell in Love with it and it actually began my process on road back to 2 wheels although I have thought about trikes. The down side is cost with one exception which is the Can-Am Spyder. It can be gotten for $15,500 up to $18,000. Anyway here is a link that gives more info and the blue colored 650 is what I'm looking hard at. I also found yesterday that if I buy 650, Hyosung will buy gas for a year, plus if I have a state motorcycle training which takes 1 day I get another $150. Thinking about passing the training part. I have more things worth the $150+ with my time.

Here is a link where you can get some info on GV650 where it talks about Suzuki and a nice pic of the blue one I'm looking at.

http://www.gekgo.com/hyosung_street_...es_avitar.html

Here is another link just showing the different models.

http://www.hyosungmotorsusa.com/default.asp

TAZ

Last edited by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ : 07-12-2008 at 11:01 AM.