H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-26-2003, 10:13 PM

argonaut is off the scale

Now it's time for off topic. this whole forum is about going off topic, that's the way it has always been here. that's why it is so much fun. So what did everybody have for dinner tonight? I had pork chops with baked apples, some oven fries, and a nice pinot noir. Then some apple pie and baked pumpkin seeds. yum yum.

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5
Old 10-27-2003, 02:55 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

MMMMMMMM....Pork chops.

Pumpkin seeds suck.

----------------------------------------------------------
"You have a tawyt body...yesh yesh....tawyt...lawyk a tawyger"
------------------------------------- Yohan Van Der Shmut

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-06-2003, 05:55 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a chance that there may be a solution. Check out this post:

http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=117600117 4

Using this adapter, along with a Pioneer XM module and a Pioneer CD changer unit, you could possibly have it all!

CD only owners could have XM and an RCA input for whatever they wanted.

Something to check out!

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."
Old 11-06-2003, 06:12 PM
Hummer Guru

Here's a picture of a 6 CD unit playing XM.

http://community.webshots.com/album/97147029DWQwHo

Klaus

Attached Images

Old 11-07-2003, 02:17 AM

hummer17 is off the scale

Klaus,

I've followed your posts - and you are the man.

I'd still like to see if I could use a GM 6-CD changer with the factory NAV...
Old 11-07-2003, 02:37 AM
Hummer Guru

The credit for this find goes to "Aces Full". He was the one that posted his find of the Soundscape adapter.

I just did some searching to get more info.

I think this will be our best bets. For the '04 Nav owners, provided this works, you could have your factory Nav system control both a Pioneer XM module AND a Pioneer changer. Both of these could be mounted "out of sight", so who cares if it is not GM stuff?

I am waiting until V2 of the Soundscape adapter is released, then I will buy one. I already ordered the Pioneer CD-RB20 adapter so I can have the Pioneer XM module AND a device with RCA jacks connected to the factory stereo.

The pictures looked good, didn't they!

Klaus

[This message was edited by Klaus on 11-06-03 at 09:04 PM.]
Old 11-07-2003, 05:11 AM

cmb31078 is off the scale

I have e-mailed sounscape today after I had seen the previous posts. There response was that the soundgate with the pioneer equipment will work with the 2004 H2's with the factory navigation. Looks like I will be buying this soon so I will not have to rewire my mirror after all. This way I can just put it under the rear seat. I will let you know how it is all going to work out.

Craig

04 H2- Lux,nav, air suspension

04 Pewter H2- Lux,nav, air suspension
Old 11-07-2003, 11:36 AM

Centerfire is off the scale

I have a question regarding Factory Nav. systems.

Just had a conversation with a friend regarding H2 Night vision, said If I didn't get it then I didn't have a hair on my ( oh well that was off the subject).. ANyway. We discussed factory NAv. systems. He stated that the system in his new Mercedes will redo the route if you take a wrong turn. ONe day just to check it he took 8 wrong turns. All of a sudden a voice came over his stero " Judge K. are you alright". Oh course this shocked JOhn to say the least, he asked who is this? She says" This is Helga in Stuttgart Germany, we noticed that you have taken 8 wrong turns, are you all right". John told her what he was doing and asked cqan you hear what is going on in my car. She said yes anytime we wished and if you every decided to cheat on your wife or your wife on you, we can tell you everyplace the vec has been and for how long. further they can technically listen in on any vec.> Needless to say Judge K. wasn't happy about this..

I believe and trust this guy 110%, so it gots to be true!

NOW THIS IS SCAREY! I know I do not like the idea that a 3rd party has access to my personal life thru my car..

Any opinions?

Mike
Old 11-07-2003, 11:58 AM
Hummer Guru

Hey Mike - Is that a black helicopter circling overhead?

Seriously, think about your OnStar. It is GPS, and reports back to home where you are. Some people actually disable Onstar on their vehicles because of this.

Of course, the new cell phones are required to have location reporting as well.

Klaus

Old 11-07-2003, 03:58 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

Just might be.. But they can't find me.. Because I wear a Black hat with ALum. Foil that has been crumbled up and then straighten out. of course the shiney side is placed towards my head.

Besides.. It's really hard to be stealth like in an H2, or Lifted Sub or Bright Yellow S2000 or Crown Vic with lights.. Someone always knows where to find me..

Just can be a bit bothersome to know that Helga and Gretchen and listen on a private conversation if they get bored at work.

Mike
Old 11-07-2003, 05:26 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Centerfire:
Just can be a bit bothersome to know that Helga and Gretchen and listen on a private conversation if they get bored at work.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, don't forget that the Onstar system is ANALOG. There are a bunch of older scanners out there that can tune in to analog cell phones.

Klaus

Old 11-07-2003, 06:00 PM
Hummer Guru

Post correction!

In my post above, the manufacturer's name of the adapter should be SOUNDGATE, not Soundscape.

Sorry for the confusion.

Klaus

Old 11-08-2003, 01:21 AM

Hummertime is off the scale

wait a minute...i just got an email 11/5/2003 from soundgate saying that this adapter would not be available for another week! is it or not? does aces full know something i dont? i mean...i see the pics but...

Bone stock but dreamin!
Old 11-08-2003, 01:43 AM
Hummer Guru

There is a new version of the adapter due out around Nov 15. See #8 below.

http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=117600117 4&r=8236087774#8236087774

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
r_putman@soundgate.com

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:26 pm Post subject: PIOGM1 thank you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a quick note to all XM fans to say "Thanks" for the overwhelming support of our new PIOGM1, GM to Pioneer/XM interface. We shipped our first pieces to a retail outlet in Arizona on October 15, and the response has been incredible.

I'd like to clear up a few issues...
1. OnStar continues to work just fine with the installation of the PIOGM1.
2. PIOGM1 can operate Pioneer changer only, XM receiver only, or can do both at once.
3. PIOGM1 can be used as a simple AUX input device.
4. PIOGM1 works in virtually all 2004 GM vehicles with the "Band" button (excluding Cadillac sedans).
5. PIOGM1 works in most 2003 GM's, even though they may not be 'XM ready'.
6. On factory systems where the radio includes a "Band" button, and the vehicle is equipped with a factory CD Changer, the CD Changer will continue to work.
7. Factory radios that do NOT have a "Band" button and do have a factory changer will have to have the factory changer disconnected (this is just a few car models).

IMPORTANT...
8. There is a text issue with the Pioneer 910 receiver. We know about this problem, and are taking the steps necessary to correct the manner in which the text displays. This interface will be called "PIOGM1V2", and will be available in about three weeks (app. Nov. 15).

This isn't a sales pitch, I just wanted to clear up some issues that I've read about in the posts.

Thanks again,
Rob Putman
SoundGate
Old 11-08-2003, 01:50 AM

Hummertime is off the scale

thanks claus... that clears things up a little. so we can or can't add xm and another changer?

Bone stock but dreamin!
Old 11-08-2003, 02:25 AM
Hummer Guru

You should be able to add 2 devices to your stock setup using the Soundgate adapter.

Basically, what the Soundgate adapter does is give you an input connection to your GM radio that accepts Pioneer accessories meant to be connected to a Pioneer head unit. In effect, your GM radio is now a Pioneer head unit. That means you could connect a Pioneer XM module AND a Pioneer CD changer. However, say you didn't want the changer. Pioneer also makes an adapter to connect to their head units that terminates into a pair of RCA jacks. This could be used for a digital music player. You could have XM and something connected to the RCA jacks. Or, you could have the CD changer and the RCA jacks.

I suspect Soundgate is no longer shipping the adapter that was having the problem with the Pioneer XM 910 module. Hopefully, the V2 unit will be on time. I suspect that's why you got a message from them telling you it would be another week. I'm betting they are referring to the new V2 version.

Klaus

Old 11-09-2003, 02:32 PM

cmb31078 is off the scale

I called Soundgate this past Thursday to order the converter. The guy on the phone told me it will be avaliable in about a week. They had a shipment of all the last ones to the west coast. So if you live out there you might have a better chance than the east coast people.

Little note to people interested. If you order one post when you ordered it so everyone will know when they are available again.

Craig

04 H2- Lux,nav, air suspension

04 Pewter H2- Lux,nav, air suspension
Old 11-14-2003, 02:00 AM

www.TheLAPD.com is off the scale

hummer17,

We were going to undertake the exact install procedure that you outlined, but GM does not list or sell the Escalade factory installed in-dash 6 disc changer. We inquired about it to our GM rep and he said that the GM computer doesn't list it or allow the sale of it.

They do list the 03 Silverado mirror with the integrated OnStar buttons and compass.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I guess we will all have to go aftermarket for the 6-disc changer with that new adapter they have out.

What I really wanted to do was install XM, CD changer and relocate the OnStar from the dash to the mirror and then program it all together with our GM Tech II. That way, we can have all the toys in the H2!

Shawn
Old 11-15-2003, 03:30 AM

hummer17 is off the scale

LAPD,

Thanks for the response.

I guess with the new controller I would get what I was looking for, just not in the dash which would have been nice.

I suppose we can hide the CD-changer under the seats.

NOW - for the big question - if you are using the Nav with the new controller mentioned here, can you listen to the CD-Changer while the Nav is operating??

Also - any way found yet to enable the Nav when travelling over 8MPH??

THANKS!
Old 11-15-2003, 05:39 PM

www.TheLAPD.com is off the scale

hummer17,

I guess we will have to install the adapter, CD changer with XM and then see if we can listen to a CD or XM while the nav system is operating. I don't know why you can't as the Escalades are able to do it.

Also, I will see if we can enable the nav system to operate while going over 8 MPH with our Tech II and let you know.

Shawn