H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-28-2003, 09:56 PM

hummer33 is off the scale

Lately i have been getting crap from h1 owners for having the "sissy" of the line.. anyone else get anything similar from those who are simply jealous?
Old 05-28-2003, 09:56 PM

Lately i have been getting crap from h1 owners for having the "sissy" of the line.. anyone else get anything similar from those who are simply jealous?
Old 05-28-2003, 11:40 PM

Grim_Smoker is off the scale

I've had a bunch of people say the same to me, usually my response is "Where's your Hummer?" which shuts them up. Another time I was arguing with a moronic sales rep from Polaris that my Banshee would rip they're new Predator to pieces, he asked me if I had 10,000.00 to bet, or if that would be my life savings. I looked at him and just said "10G's? I drive a hummer for a daily driver" "Oh yeah?" he says, "Me too, but not a fag ass H2" "Oh, my toy car is a 2k3 Z06," I say. "Me too" Thats when I laughed at him and walked away. People are rediculous.

-Grim

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06
Old 05-29-2003, 06:26 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Don't even get me started!!!

At EVERY event and offroad trailride I organize for my club....we have about 3-4 H1's in the shop that can't make the run AND we have an H1 breakdown and mess-up the day!!! The H2's just keep on going and always complete the trail.

The H1 is a bit more capable: it's got a few more degrees of side-slope, can go through deeper water and has more clearance...but that's not where it's real capabilities are.

The REAL capabilities of the H1 is to break it's half-shafts, shear it's universal joints and have front-end issues. This bad-boy can deplete a bank account and make a mechanic rich faster then Rosie O'Donell can clear a buffet!

But wait...it gets better: you can't hear yourself think inside these things, they'll rattle your teeth loose and you'll need a chiropractor to work on you if you ever get stuck sitting shotgun.

Parts are expensive, the traction control systems are lousy, the maintenance is a nightmare and they're too wide.

And the worst part is....I still want one!!!
Old 05-29-2003, 06:31 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Course....the other thing is....at all our events the H1's have to follow me in my H2.

I've yet to find an H1 that can keep up with me racing through the forest.

The money I saved not buying an H1 is a large part of the down-payment for a vacation home I planning on buying in Lake Arrowhead.

Just tease them back, it's all part of the fun. Sooner or later they'll breakdown and that's when you pour the lemon onto the wound. Payback's a bitch!
Old 05-29-2003, 09:18 AM

I have to agree with Steve 100%! A few more capabilities but a 50k difference in price tag
Old 05-29-2003, 10:02 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd just follow up with my usual response to these kind of "fun suckers":

Over the recent years I've learned to rid my life, or distance myself, from people and things that are discouraging and dispiriting. I have to say, life is much better without it.

- Dan

---------------------------------
SUT on order - 13 months to go!
---------------------------------
Old 05-29-2003, 11:51 AM
Hummer Veteran

JSA_3 is off the scale

Steve
You took the words right out of my mouth on both posts...

The perfect compliment to my H2 would be an H1 sitting next to it in the driveway

- John
Old 05-29-2003, 02:01 PM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

I'm with Steve and John my H2 is a stepping stone to a H1. Don;t get me wrong I will keep the H2 too.......lol come to think about it I want the SUT too.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:03 PM
Circuitguy

Steve R,

Thats why my dealer can't keep H2's in stock and why he has to give a 20k to 25k discount off msrp just to get rid of an H1. C

First American Properties Inc. 916-858-2383
White 03-H2-LUX
Old 05-29-2003, 05:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

JSA_3 is off the scale

With a full time mechanic too I guess.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:35 PM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

Phil, I took a look at your website. Do you still have that H1???
Old 05-29-2003, 10:16 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Hummer sold 400 H1 in 2002, sold 700 in 2001. 43% drop. Let's hope they will keep H1 around for many more years to come. Strictly dollar and cents, there is really no reason to keep it on life support.

There are only 2 siblings in the Hummer family, not including the brothers and sisters in arm. What is there to gain by fighting within the family? Both are kings of the hill, I think one even degrades the ultimate status of the Hummer by comparing them with any other automobiles.

When you are successful in rank or office or finance, there are always some less fortunated ones who linger in the backroom no matter how hard they tried, it is only natural that very few of them would be bitter and engage in rumor and false accusations. A confident individual does not concern himself/herself with such irrelevant nonsense, nor does he/she gloat the less fortunated and less educated ones with the hard won success.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:17 PM
Hummer Guru

Adam in CO is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's drop the charade, shall we? The vehicle is a mutt. It's a combination of Tahoe, Suburban and Escalade with a HUMMEResque body. We can put the rumors to bed right now. This vehicle has almost zero resemblance to the H1. The only similarity I can find is that they're both built in the same city. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my H2 and can't think of another vehicle I would rather drive, but who are we kidding?

CO H2 Club Rocks!
aps101374@yahoo.com
Old 05-29-2003, 11:28 PM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

This argument has merit until you take your Tahoe/Suburban/Escalade offroad. Then compare it to those and the H1 and see which you think it's closer to. I, for one, wouldn't be caught dead in Moab in an Escalade, would you?

Kelley

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Adam in CO:
Let's drop the charade, shall we? The vehicle is a mutt. It's a combination of Tahoe, Suburban and Escalade with a HUMMEResque body. We can put the rumors to bed right now. This vehicle has almost zero resemblance to the H1. The only similarity I can find is that they're both built in the same city. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my H2 and can't think of another vehicle I would rather drive, but who are we kidding?

CO H2 Club Rocks!
aps101374@yahoo.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 05-29-2003, 11:29 PM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

Oh, and one other thing: in Grass Valley in the snow we had two H1s hopelessly stuck. One had to be winched out, the other winched AND dug out. How many H2s got stuck that weekend? Exactly zero.

So I'm reluctant to say that I'm kidding myself.

Kelley
Old 05-30-2003, 05:13 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Hey guys...

Don't be so hard on Adam. If you re-read his post you'll find he was grossly misunderstood. I'm beginning to think it's an evil-Colorado thing???