H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 05-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Hummer Professional

killian is off the scale

So I got fed up with waiting and I got even more fed up with the thought that Lund is going to jack me for $2,200 over MSRP. I got up on Tuesday at 3am and started to work on getting a flight from Phoenix to Dallas. My dad and I arrived at DFW airport at 11.30 am and took a taxi to Sewell where we hooked up with Erica Gundy who treated us like we were the most important customers that she had. I picked out a black H3 Lux with the off road package and asked them to put on the chrome side step. Erica threw me the keys to her bosses H2T and told us where to find lunch while the chrome was being added and said to bring back the recipt so that she could pick up the tab. (lunch was great) We did the paperwork, took delivery at 330pm and hit the road. Traffic out of Dallas was a bear but my dad and I did tag team driving and we just got in. To the best of my knowledge none of the Hummer dealerships even has so much as a demo. I could be wrong but I possible have the only H3 in Arizona. Shall I bore everyone with the details of my drive?
Old 05-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Hummer Professional

killian is off the scale

So I got fed up with waiting and I got even more fed up with the thought that Lund is going to jack me for $2,200 over MSRP. I got up on Tuesday at 3am and started to work on getting a flight from Phoenix to Dallas. My dad and I arrived at DFW airport at 11.30 am and took a taxi to Sewell where we hooked up with Erica Gundy who treated us like we were the most important customers that she had. I picked out a black H3 Lux with the off road package and asked them to put on the chrome side step. Erica threw me the keys to her bosses H2T and told us where to find lunch while the chrome was being added and said to bring back the recipt so that she could pick up the tab. (lunch was great) We did the paperwork, took delivery at 330pm and hit the road. Traffic out of Dallas was a bear but my dad and I did tag team driving and we just got in. To the best of my knowledge none of the Hummer dealerships even has so much as a demo. I could be wrong but I possible have the only H3 in Arizona. Shall I bore everyone with the details of my drive?
Old 05-25-2005, 02:58 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Please do.

By the way, congrats!

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 05-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

TimJ is off the scale

Nicely done!!

I think you have my truck...or at least the one I ordered. What interior color did you get?
Old 05-25-2005, 03:12 PM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

Great story Killian, I would have done the same if I had the option... how was the ride back home? What do you think of the on-road performance of the vehicle? Can you post some pics?
Old 05-25-2005, 03:15 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I lost plenty of sales to Sewell, I knew they would treat you right. Lynch is the same way.
Good for you!
Old 05-25-2005, 04:46 PM

H3 Buyer to be? is off the scale

How can I see it? LOL I live in Scottsdale, and would live to see if I can fit in it!

Can I ask how much was it after all the tax and features? I dont want to give Lund the same $2200 for nothing.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:55 PM
Hummer Professional

killian is off the scale

here are my thoughts:
Underpowered? Not really, I cruised at 70 and 80 and even 85 with no trouble at all. I put my foot down and I pass with ease. It's not a corvette, don't buy it for speed.

Someone mentioned that it had a bad turning radius, I don't think it does. It has a better radius than the 1500 series chevy vans that I drive but I know that's not saying much. Still, I was pleased.
The power roof is sweet, highly suggested, It stayed open the whole trip back from Dallas. Oh, you know what else I suggest? Don't order the chrome package. The PLASTIC crome door handles feel lighter and cheaper than their non plastic counterparts. Maybe it's just me but I gave a tug on the chrome door handle and almost walked away from the dealership right there. The plastic chrome mirror caps have an odd hollow sounding "thunk" when you tap them.

The brush guard is hollow as well, did I expect it not to be? I think maybe so.

The strut assisted back door is nice but the cargo area is a little smaller than I expected. The seats fold down, although not 100% flat, it was well planned.

The 33's didn't whine at all on the freeway, the ride is tight and right, on road it's a dream. I giggled like a schoolgirl when I first sat in the seat, closed the door and gripped the leather wheel. *Nice*

Someone also mentioned that the rear axle rattled on their test drive, I had no such experience.

I took it across the street to get the dead bugs washed off and everyone came to have a look, It turns lots of heads.

I got the Black - morocco leather, but the black - pewter looks hot! Did I miss anything? Pics later this evening.

If you're in Phoenix and want to see a real live H3 up close, PM me and I'll give you the address to my shop. But, uh...no. You can't drive it.

In closing, I have zero regrets. It's every inch a Hummer.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

SWEET! Congrats

Glad to hear everything worked out for you. Can't wait to see the pics. ESP. because it's black with that interior. I couldn't talk my sig. other to order the black, so we ended up with pewter with ebony/ pewter interior.
So now the big Q: Are you going to join us in Moab in late Sept./ early October?

Can't wait for the pics.
Tim.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Killian,

Thanks for the report. Good to know about the chrome package. How was the comfort level on a long drive? Was there a lot of wind noise either from the windshield or the sunroof? I know that every H2 that I have been in on the highway was noisy as hell around the windshield. Don't know if they all are though. I think it is so great that you flew to Dallas to get it rather than let the local dealer jack you around. I can not wait to get mine but will not play those games with them. I have a lot of vacation time I need to use this year, thinking it may be time for a road trip.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 05-25-2005, 06:55 PM
Hummer Professional

killian is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Buyer to be?:
How can I see it? LOL I live in Scottsdale, and would live to see if I can fit in it!

Can I ask how much was it after all the tax and features? I dont want to give Lund the same $2200 for nothing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm off of I-17 and Glendale Avenue, PM me and I'll give you the address to my shop, you can come by and see it if you want.

The total tag was a little over 38 thou but I din't pay that. I won't say what I did pay, ( I had to promise not to tell) but I will say this:
Anyone who is thinking of paying Lund the 2,200 needs to reconsider. Erica @ Sewell will make the trip wort it. And no, I'm not getting paid to say that.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:11 PM
Hummer Professional

killian is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
Killian,
How was the comfort level on a long drive? Was there a lot of wind noise either from the windshield or the sunroof? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The comfort was great. The seats are power adjustable with lumbar support. If I ever got uncomfortable from sitting for a few hours, I just moved the seat until I felt better.

My dad and I both took turns sleeping, sometimes on the back seat, sometimes in the cargo area with the seats folded down. It wasn't the Ritz, but you can survive if you remember the most important thing: bring a pillow. A roll of paper towels makes a poor substitute.

The only noise that I got was from the roof being open the whole trip. It's a bit bigger than most sunroofs so you get a bit more noise, nothing unbearable though. I could hear the stereo fine.

On a side note, I was worried about the chance of getting a cracked windshield because of the angle that it sits. We encountered an insane amount of bugs and I'm sure that the angle of the glass played a small part. At one point there were so many hitting the windshield, it sounded the same way rain sounds when it's beating the roof of the car.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:44 PM

firm is off the scale

That's great Killian, way to be proactive! I'm interested to see your pics, and hear your review when you get home? How long is that trip? Don't use the cruise control for the first 500 miles. The engine needs to be used at all RPMs. That chrome did look cheap. I guess I am going to have a lot of bugs on my car, being down here in florida.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:11 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

AWESOME!
Old 05-25-2005, 09:16 PM

baby_hummer is off the scale

Congrats! Post pics and updates as soon as you can. We're living vicariously through you.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:49 PM
Hummer Professional

oneworld is off the scale

Congrats Killian, I am thinking of doing the same thing but going to lynch its closer I am on the east coast. I am just wiating a few more days to see what happens with my dealer. Still no H3s here
Old 05-25-2005, 11:05 PM
Hummer Expert

Arizona Hummerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!!!!

I stoped by Lund on Sunday to see if they had any of the H3 in yet, the sales person told me it would be about 3 weeks before they would get one in. He said he would be more then happy to take my money to hold one for me," What A **** Ball" I told him I don't do business that way, I like to see and drive what I am buying. I pissed off the sales person, but what the hell.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:28 AM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oh, you know what else I suggest? Don't order the chrome package. The PLASTIC crome door handles feel lighter and cheaper than their non plastic counterparts. Maybe it's just me but I gave a tug on the chrome door handle and almost walked away from the dealership right there. The plastic chrome mirror caps have an odd hollow sounding "thunk" when you tap them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are the black ones made of? The H3 that my dealer ordered doesn't have the chrome package but I really like the look of the chrome, so I wanted to upgrade.. can the black handles be polished or chromed? Are the chrome ones really that bad?
Old 05-26-2005, 01:10 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

... eeheeeeemmmm.

!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excuse me? Someone promised pics.