H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

hispeed6 is off the scale

Question for all of you. I live in Phoenix where the roads are pretty open as long as you're not dealing with rush hour. Anyway, I've noticed that sometimes at speeds above 75 I get a buzzing sound near the left side of my windshield. Anybody else get this? it goes away/diminishes with reduced speeds. Is air getting under a door seal or trim piece or what? Sound is too far forward to be the roof rack cross bows or the mirror and my windows are all the way up with the A/C on...

Thanks in advance

CJ

BTW, lux and adventure packages with chrome package plus cross bows.

I\'m gonna miss her...
Old 09-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

Question for all of you. I live in Phoenix where the roads are pretty open as long as you're not dealing with rush hour. Anyway, I've noticed that sometimes at speeds above 75 I get a buzzing sound near the left side of my windshield. Anybody else get this? it goes away/diminishes with reduced speeds. Is air getting under a door seal or trim piece or what? Sound is too far forward to be the roof rack cross bows or the mirror and my windows are all the way up with the A/C on...

Thanks in advance

CJ

BTW, lux and adventure packages with chrome package plus cross bows.

I\'m gonna miss her...
Old 09-17-2005, 01:46 AM
Hummer Veteran

TexasRTR78 is off the scale

hispeed6, I have also heard this little noise when running at about 70 or even slower when I am running against a head wind....kinda sounds like a "flapping" sound to me...kinda like a piece of paper flapping in the wind...I dunno...maybe it is a piece of paper....guess I should lift the hood and take a look....nah, never mind.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:48 AM
Hummer Authority

hmrlvr is an unknown quantity at this point

A couple of years ago I bought an S10 and among many other problems,(ie; leaking gas tank, sagging suspension, multiple bad starters, etc.) the seal around the front windshield leaked air at high speeds making a noise. The dealer claimed I was crazy until it started raining and water poured in the vehicle. You may put some tape around the windsheild and test it at different speeds. Chevy eventually was forced to by the truck back from me so all ended up OK.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

One other note, I think the buzz is more prominent when I'm headed slightly downhill, maybe has something to do with the angle of the windshield to the relative wind? But through rain I have no leaks and below 75 it never buzzes.

Perplexed...

CJ

I\'m gonna miss her...
Old 09-19-2005, 07:39 PM

H3OH is off the scale

I am going to take a stab at this because it happened to me.

I have the chrome package with the crossbows as well. The dealer had the crossbows installed in a funky way. I also noticed I had tie hooks up there too which is what I think was making the noise. If wind whips through that tiny hole, I'm betting that's the whistle/buzz you're hearing (if you have them). I haven't seen many H3's with those on there, so not sure if you have them.

I have my crossbows as follows. The back one is slammed all the way to the back. The front one is all the way to the front (to the point where you can lock them back). The brochures had them that way. The dealer had mine originally about a foot off the front and slightly behind the back door. No whistles now.

Give it a shot!

BTW, I am amazed on how well the crossbows work and how easy they are to slide around for adjustments. Good investment on my part!
Old 09-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Hummer Professional

oneworld is off the scale

I have been driving a lot at speeds between 70 and 85 mph this past week, no niose. all highway