H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-12-2005, 11:00 PM

Ely is off the scale

I'm not going to waste your time with too many of the same shots you have seen from everyone else.

Here we go... there is my truck

You can see that I have gotten tints. I did 20 percent all the way around except for my windshield. As you can see the front windows are a little bit lighter since the back windows are tinted from factory. I have gotten compliment after compliment on my tints. The front is pretty dark, from back seats and on its pretty much limo. I chose not to do the windshield because LAPD is world famous for pulling people over for stupid things like tints, and I do all of my driving here in LA. It turns ou that the windshield LOOKS tinted just because when you look through it, the car is so dark because of the other tints!

That's offroad suspension for you! The tires are huge, and the suspsension is AMAZING. I've literally climbed everything in sight for the last week. Not a lot of offroad terrain in LA, but I've taken advantage of some local construction sites .

I also got one of these back up camera's. I got it installed in the trailering kit since I have an H2 in the family that is used for any towing.

There is the screen. It came with two inputs, the wires for the second input are under my driver's seat and can be used for a DVD player or video game consule. Watching either of those on a 5" screen don't sound to appealing though. lol... let me know what you guys think.

Tomarrow or the next day, I want to take it in and get the back lights smoked out. I want them to be black, but not completetly black. I want to still be able to see through the light.

I am looking into powder coating my rims black as well, let me know if you guys have any experience with powder coating, or know anyone around LA who can do it.

Also, I am looking into roof lights... The markers look great, so do the regular white off road lights. What do you guys think about the two of those.

I need Roof Crossbows as well because I put surfboards on my car almost every weekend.

Looking for opinions, suggestions, and even ideas of what else I should do.

I LOVE THIS MACHINE....... life just wouldnt be the same without it.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...o/DSC00877.jpg

[img]http://i7.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:00 PM

Ely is off the scale

I'm not going to waste your time with too many of the same shots you have seen from everyone else.

Here we go... there is my truck

You can see that I have gotten tints. I did 20 percent all the way around except for my windshield. As you can see the front windows are a little bit lighter since the back windows are tinted from factory. I have gotten compliment after compliment on my tints. The front is pretty dark, from back seats and on its pretty much limo. I chose not to do the windshield because LAPD is world famous for pulling people over for stupid things like tints, and I do all of my driving here in LA. It turns ou that the windshield LOOKS tinted just because when you look through it, the car is so dark because of the other tints!

That's offroad suspension for you! The tires are huge, and the suspsension is AMAZING. I've literally climbed everything in sight for the last week. Not a lot of offroad terrain in LA, but I've taken advantage of some local construction sites .

I also got one of these back up camera's. I got it installed in the trailering kit since I have an H2 in the family that is used for any towing.

There is the screen. It came with two inputs, the wires for the second input are under my driver's seat and can be used for a DVD player or video game consule. Watching either of those on a 5" screen don't sound to appealing though. lol... let me know what you guys think.

Tomarrow or the next day, I want to take it in and get the back lights smoked out. I want them to be black, but not completetly black. I want to still be able to see through the light.

I am looking into powder coating my rims black as well, let me know if you guys have any experience with powder coating, or know anyone around LA who can do it.

Also, I am looking into roof lights... The markers look great, so do the regular white off road lights. What do you guys think about the two of those.

I need Roof Crossbows as well because I put surfboards on my car almost every weekend.

Looking for opinions, suggestions, and even ideas of what else I should do.

I LOVE THIS MACHINE....... life just wouldnt be the same without it.

Old 06-13-2005, 01:17 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Ely, congrats on your truck. Great color!
Old 06-13-2005, 01:37 AM

H3 Buyer to be? is off the scale

Cool monitor, what else are you planning? Are you getting wheels? How about a new In Dash DVD or reciever?
Old 06-13-2005, 01:59 AM

MUH_HUM is off the scale

Yea. Nice ride. Have fun trickin' it out!
Old 06-13-2005, 03:19 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ely:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2005, 02:31 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Ely, looks great -- congrats! You sounded like you'd enjoy off-roading. If you like to try trails (other than construction sites ), check out the local SoCal forum. Trails range from fun at Azusa Canyon, technical at Gorman, or everything in between (& scenic to boot!) at Big Bear area or Victorville.

Would love to see H3 in action in person!

SoCal Forum:
http://h2club.org/6/ubb.x?a=frm&s=8296099471&f=8756030324
Old 06-13-2005, 03:18 PM

Ely is off the scale

H2Finally, yeah I think offroading would be amazing.I'm only 16, I've never been. Thanks a lot for the info, I'll definately check it out.

If anybody wants to see any specific pictures, let me know.

Also, I still need your opinions on powder coating my rims black.

Old 06-13-2005, 06:05 PM

Vincent is off the scale

I personally like the stock aluminum rims, but plan to start replacing parts w/chrome, then possibly upgrade to chrome wheels when my tires wear out.

The black powdercoating will give a "badass - don't mess with me" look. Post a pic with black rims if you have one.....
Old 06-14-2005, 03:54 AM
Hummer Professional

oneworld is off the scale

Ely, I am so f------g jealous Still waiting
Old 06-14-2005, 03:00 PM

Ely is off the scale

haha exactly... I love that "bad ass" look.
To be honest with you Vincent, I'm not a fan of any of the "chrome" parts I saw at the dealership. I think it all looks like plastic, which it is, and can't imagine it even lasting too long.
Anyhoo, I think I'm smoking out my lights today, wish me luck.

Old 06-17-2005, 02:43 AM
Hummer Veteran

FROGGY69ER is off the scale

Ely, were do you go to get the lights smoked? I just got my blk on blk Lux/off road sus., and they ordered it w/out the chrome.So now I am trying to decide if I should go all black like you want to. If you do that, what about the fuel door, and the hood louvers? Will you poedercoat them?? Give me your opinions. Thanks
Old 06-18-2005, 02:24 AM

H3mainer is off the scale

froggy my dealer says they can use the black glossy gas cap they hae for the h2
Old 06-19-2005, 07:30 AM

Ely is off the scale

A few things...
1) Any H3's ordered with offroad package (such as mine and yours froggy) does not have chrome as an option... that is why ours didn't have the chrome.

2) In case you havent seen the "chrome", it is as tacky looking as possible. It looks and feels like plastic-- which it is.

3) While, I would love to be the only "blacked-out" H3, I realize that is unrealistic, and that is why I would advise you to Black out if you are set on either chroming or blacking out.

4) I do want to also invest in fuel door, and the hood louvers... but those don't need powder coating. Powder Coating can be expensivce because it's so durable, and it's only necessary on the wheels which because that part of the car is the most prone to hitting curbs and other things that can scratch it. I would paint those just like the rest of the car parts are.

5)I am also considering painting my grill because I think that will look cool when everything else is black.

6) ... in response to H3Mainer, I heard in one of the forums on this site that the gas cap for H2's and H3's are different sizes... has anyone else heard that?

I hope that I have answered some of your questins.

Cheers.

Old 06-19-2005, 01:16 PM

H3 Buyer to be? is off the scale

The H2 gas camp will not fit the H3...

I painted the grille on my last car, the rock chips are crappy...
Old 06-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMER H3 4 ME is off the scale

What if you got the black plastic handles and had a dealer chrome them?
Mom: 2008 Cadillac Escalade - Blue Chip
Brother: In the near future: 2009 HUMMER H3T - All-Terrain Blue
Old 06-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

FROGGY69ER is off the scale

Ely, I cant let the dealer get away that easy. I ordered the Lux pacage and the got the off road suspension and the chrome, minus wheels, as an option. I also ordered the steps in chrome as well. They ordered it incorrectly, but I will say that the black is growing on me.

I think the chrome gas cap and louvers in chrome will not clash. The grill looks good, and I dont think I want to black it out. Thanks for your input, and enjoy your truck.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:45 PM

Ely is off the scale

your welcome... what I plan to do with my truck is very extreme, and I am sure that you can tastefully integrate black and chrome on your car with out clashing. Best of luck.