H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-25-2005, 12:06 PM
Hummer Professional

Webb70 is off the scale

Tuesday I had to take my H3 in for service. An oil change, window trim, and a loose inner fender well, just minor stuff but I had to leave it overnight. I was talking to my sales-lady and I told her that my wife wants an H2, so the sales-lady said I could use one as a courtesy car (very nice of her) to show my wife. So we decide on a 2005 H2-SUT (my 8yr old luvs the SUT), black, fully loaded, even the chrome gas door, with 13k-KM on it. I called my wife and she was very excited.
The first thing you notice is how big it is (its big)compared to the H3, and how much bigger the turning radius is also. Inside there are lots of gadgets (some we need on the H3)a few that are very nice are: the all-window express down and all-window express up buttons. The mirror fold in and out buttons. Steering wheel controls for the stereo and trip computer with milage calculator, distance left (fuel), hour meter for the engine etc. Front mounted map lights are nice too. And a nice LOUD horn!

Then there is the engine, WOW! 325HP and 365lbs-ft of torque! Put your foot in it and hold on, I never knew 8600lbs could feel so quick. It felt quick at the lights and on the hi-way. This truck can merge with athority.

So I finally get it home and the first thing my wife says is "Nope, I'm not driving around in a pick-up, I prefer the regular one." Women....

So while driving it she says the ride is not as smooth as the H3, and the cab lets in more road and exterior noise than the H3. She loves how big it is(its big), and how high you feel in it. We both prefer the feel of the H3 steering wheel but like the functions of the H2's. It has a nice big sunroof like ours but the ability to lower the rear window (express up and down) is awsome. It really opens up the truck. The heating and AC controls are a little confusing, automatic dual-zone climate control blah,blah,blah. I like the H3's better, you want AC, turn it on, you want heat, turn it on, nice and easy.
The one big thing I noticed is the lack of leg room, I'm 6'1" and I had the seat all the way back & up, and my legs were still quite bent. In my H3 they are streched out. On short trips its not an issue but I drive 200km to work and back every day and that would get uncomfortable quickly.
And last but not least is the fuel. I kept checking for leaks(really). This thing drinks it up like nothing. I picked it up with 3/4 of a tank drove a total of about 250KM put $30 in it and it was still under 1/2 a tank when I brought it back. Where did it all go, I guess thats the price of a big 6L V8, 325hp engine. You gotta pay if you wanna play!

All in all my wife says she is a little let down by the H2 and would prefer an H3, but doesn't want us both having the same vehical, so she will look for something else. It was fun while it lasted but I would have to agree(although it would have been nice having 2 HUMMERS in the driveway).
Old 08-25-2005, 12:06 PM
Hummer Professional

Webb70 is off the scale

Tuesday I had to take my H3 in for service. An oil change, window trim, and a loose inner fender well, just minor stuff but I had to leave it overnight. I was talking to my sales-lady and I told her that my wife wants an H2, so the sales-lady said I could use one as a courtesy car (very nice of her) to show my wife. So we decide on a 2005 H2-SUT (my 8yr old luvs the SUT), black, fully loaded, even the chrome gas door, with 13k-KM on it. I called my wife and she was very excited.
The first thing you notice is how big it is (its big)compared to the H3, and how much bigger the turning radius is also. Inside there are lots of gadgets (some we need on the H3)a few that are very nice are: the all-window express down and all-window express up buttons. The mirror fold in and out buttons. Steering wheel controls for the stereo and trip computer with milage calculator, distance left (fuel), hour meter for the engine etc. Front mounted map lights are nice too. And a nice LOUD horn!

Then there is the engine, WOW! 325HP and 365lbs-ft of torque! Put your foot in it and hold on, I never knew 8600lbs could feel so quick. It felt quick at the lights and on the hi-way. This truck can merge with athority.

So I finally get it home and the first thing my wife says is "Nope, I'm not driving around in a pick-up, I prefer the regular one." Women....

So while driving it she says the ride is not as smooth as the H3, and the cab lets in more road and exterior noise than the H3. She loves how big it is(its big), and how high you feel in it. We both prefer the feel of the H3 steering wheel but like the functions of the H2's. It has a nice big sunroof like ours but the ability to lower the rear window (express up and down) is awsome. It really opens up the truck. The heating and AC controls are a little confusing, automatic dual-zone climate control blah,blah,blah. I like the H3's better, you want AC, turn it on, you want heat, turn it on, nice and easy.
The one big thing I noticed is the lack of leg room, I'm 6'1" and I had the seat all the way back & up, and my legs were still quite bent. In my H3 they are streched out. On short trips its not an issue but I drive 200km to work and back every day and that would get uncomfortable quickly.
And last but not least is the fuel. I kept checking for leaks(really). This thing drinks it up like nothing. I picked it up with 3/4 of a tank drove a total of about 250KM put $30 in it and it was still under 1/2 a tank when I brought it back. Where did it all go, I guess thats the price of a big 6L V8, 325hp engine. You gotta pay if you wanna play!

All in all my wife says she is a little let down by the H2 and would prefer an H3, but doesn't want us both having the same vehical, so she will look for something else. It was fun while it lasted but I would have to agree(although it would have been nice having 2 HUMMERS in the driveway).
Old 08-25-2005, 03:41 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol! I have a similar experience, except the opposite. My H2 is in for 30K service, and I got an H3 loaner.

The steering wheel is "beefier" than the H2 -- quite comfortable in city driving, but curious if it will be fatiguing in 8 hours of off-roading.

I agree with the "feel" of more space in the H3, but I take exception on how tight the space around the accelerator pedal is on the H3. The right side of my shoe must be in constant rubbing with the trim to avoid the break pedal. Any way to heat mold the trim flatter, or move the break pedal a coupla inches to the left?

The H3 is MUCH quieter than the H2. Very nice ride!

The power of the H3 is not bad at all. Plenty adequate for city driving, perhaps a tad under powered to cut & overtake in freeways. Maybe it's because I drive an H2 -- which while quick, ROARS to get it movin -- but to me the H3 power is not a cause to complain about.

Used to not watching the gas pump when fillin the H2, I think I put about $30 TOO MUCH for the rental. Have barely use 1/4 tank so far! Gas mileage is excellent! But whatdayaexpect? It's a baby H2!

Love the center console. Prefer my H2's "boobies" A/C vent though -- go figure..

The on-star on the mirror is best. Can't figure out why the H2's need an entire din.

Rear visibility of the H3 SUCK ASS!! Worse than the H2! Definitely need rear-camera or ultrasonic back-up sensors, esp if you're around small children.

The strong "push" of the struts on the rear hatch takes some getting used to. But much more useful design than the 2 steps needed on the H2 with the rear tire carrier.

All in all, I definitely enjoy the experience. Not as LikeNothingElse experience as the H2, but I wouldn't mind one in the driveway as a second Hummer
Old 08-26-2005, 09:25 AM
Hummer Professional

Webb70 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Love the center console. Prefer my H2's "boobies" A/C vent though -- go figure..

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First thing I thought of when I got in it....lol
Old 08-26-2005, 10:31 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

If you ever have the misfortune to ride/drive in one, you'll notice that the boobies are also in the Pontiac Aztec
Old 08-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

My Sister-in-law has an Axtec...good god!