H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Hummer Professional

Efrain is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Efrain:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 3Racing:
I never drive mine in the rain, so definitely makes it easy to dust it off. I can wash my bike faster than the SUT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Glad there's other people out there beside me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>YAOFUI </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What does YAOFUI mean? I hope it's nothing insulting. I'm only posting an innocent personal comment.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Efrain:

What does YAOFUI mean? I hope it's nothing insulting. I'm only posting an innocent personal comment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's very personally insulting, since you decided to interject your innocent personal comment.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Hummer Professional

Efrain is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:

What does YAOFUI mean? I hope it's nothing insulting. I'm only posting an innocent personal comment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's very personally insulting, since you decided to interject your innocent personal comment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So what's wrong with me posting a comment in this forum, I didn't insult anyone. Why do you take it upon yourself to attack me? Nevertheless, I forgive you!

from your hummer friend
Old 09-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought I was the only one that didn't drive his H2 in the rain! Glad there's other people out there beside me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offense intended, but I honestly don't understand this. Outside of maybe just personal preference, what good is not driving in the rain doing? I mean, it's not like you are preserving the paint job/undercarriage of some expensive exotic, nor preserving the value of your truck. So, is it just personal preference, or am I missing something?

-Pete
Old 09-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Banned

from your hummer friend </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm not your friend.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TXSUT:
No offense intended, but I honestly don't understand this. Outside of maybe just personal preference, what good is not driving in the rain doing? I mean, it's not like you are preserving the paint job/undercarriage of some expensive exotic, nor preserving the value of your truck. So, is it just personal preference, or am I missing something?

-Pete </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's because some of them bought black ones and as soon as it rains it looks all spotted and ugly. Now, my white one, on the other hand, hasn't been washed since April 3rd, according to the little service sticker on my windshield.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:24 PM
Hummer Authority

It's because some of them bought black ones and as soon as it rains it looks all spotted and ugly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, this owner of a black H2 just has his detailed once a week. And at the end of the day, it's worth no less than theirs, and looks just as clean. This ain't no exotic, it's a fricking truck (with a sh|tty paint job from the get-go).
Old 09-13-2005, 06:37 PM
Elcova Rookie

Voempe is off the scale

Paragon, pls tell us, what the heck does YAOFUI mean? Is it some sort of new Japanese diet yoghurt you're trying to launch on the market ??
Old 09-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Now, my white one, on the other hand, hasn't been washed since April 3rd, according to the little service sticker on my windshield. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought Katrina pressure washed it for you since then!
Old 09-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 3Racing:
I never drive mine in the rain, so definitely makes it easy to dust it off. I can wash my bike faster than the SUT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Glad there's other people out there beside me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>YAOFUI </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What does YAOFUI mean? I hope it's nothing insulting. I'm only posting an innocent personal comment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ohhhh, it's a horrible insult to you & your ancestors. Oh, the shame!!!
Old 09-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:

Ohhhh, it's a horrible insult to you & your
ancestors. Oh, the shame!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You Are Obviously F'ed Up Indian?

Old 09-13-2005, 06:48 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klaus:
Now, my white one, on the other hand, hasn't been washed since April 3rd, according to the little service sticker on my windshield. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought Katrina pressure washed it for you since then! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Washed with soap, I should clarify.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:48 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Voempe:
Paragon, pls tell us, what the heck does YAOFUI mean? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No
Old 09-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I've washed mine by hand twice. The second time was only because I forgot how d*** long it took to wash it the first time. I've taken it to the local do-it-yourself places, but it usually ends up taking a few bucks to wash anyways. Now, I just take it to the local car wash and for $6 bucks get it washed and dried...then drive over to the vacuums and vacuum out for free....
Of course...It usually takes me a week or two following a stint off-road before I wash it....figure...why wash if it's just going to get dirty over the weekend again?

Here are some pics of the pinstripes I picked up a little over a week ago....
Attached Images

'03 H2
Old 09-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dochummer:
Here are some pics of the pinstripes I picked up a little over a week ago.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And a couple of those tell-tale finger smudges when you're thinking "Are all of those scratches, or just dirt?" LOL, got me some of those too.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TXSUT:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:

Ohhhh, it's a horrible insult to you & your
ancestors. Oh, the shame!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You Are Obviously F'ed Up Indian?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can say this because I think it's funny. And because I'm me.
Oh, yeah, and I'm 1/16th Indian.
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2005, 07:22 PM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

I always wash my own cars and like all have mentioned, it takes hours just to wash it. That's why i have yet to wax it and it's 3 years old Kudos to HUMMER for excellent paint job because my paint still looks as good as it did 3 years ago

Btw, for those of you that haven't invest in one of those pressure washer, get it! It takes half the time, uses a lot less water, and does much better job. I also have a water softener at home so much less water spots. The only thing that worries me is the salt the softener uses
Old 09-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

-Pete </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's because some of them bought black ones and as soon as it rains it looks all spotted and ugly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>BINGO! Of course you could include dust, as well as rain.

Morning dew is bad too. You go to bed and the truck looks great. Wake up and it looks like crap.

Thus, the garage is the safest place for black H2's.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Hummer Expert

Orbital H2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:

-Pete </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's because some of them bought black ones and as soon as it rains it looks all spotted and ugly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>BINGO! Of course you could include dust, as well as rain.

Morning dew is bad too. You go to bed and the truck looks great. Wake up and it looks like crap.

Thus, the garage is the safest place for black H2's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to bed??? Heck, it looks great for the first couple of seconds out of the carwash, by the time I get home, it needs another bath...