H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-22-2005, 08:53 PM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

I previously posted how happy I was with my purchase of an H3, from Hall Hummer, in Virginia Beach, VA.
When I bought the H3, I was charged a $399 processing fee and Hall was aware that I wanted the vehicle ***led in MD, where I live, and my MD Combat Veteran tags transferred, from the BMW, I traded-in.
I was issued a 30 day VA temporary tag and told that that the documents to transfer my tag and ***le the H3, in MD, would be sent to me to take to MD MVA, where I would pay 5% MD sales tax and transfer fees. I have done this several times before, when I have purchased vehicles outside MD.
Recently, as the 30 day VA temporary tag is about to expire, I began telephoning and faxing Hall Hummer about the status of the paperwork needed to get MD tags transferred and a ***le.
After a week of ignoring me, I have now been told that Hall Hummer ***led the H3, with a non-negotiable VA ***le, subject to a security interest to SunTrust Bank, with whom Hall placed my loan to buy the H3. As a result, I can't ***le and tag the vehicle until SunTrust receives the VA paperwork and signs MD paperwork to allow me to ***le it in MD. Furthermore, because Hall ***led it in VA, MD considers my H3 as a used vehicle and I will have to have it MD inspected, at my expense, before I can tag and ***le it.
Hall's response has been tough-luck, all we had to do was record the security interest, in VA, so SunTrust would pay us the loan/purchase money
and that's all we are going to do for the $399 processing fee we charged you.
So, I now have an H3 with a VA temp tag that is about to expire, which will eventually be ***led as a used vehicle, in MD, after I pay for a MD inspection and get all the necessary documents, from SunTrust and VA DOT, to take to MD MVA. Of course, MD MVA will want to charge me an uninsured fee because the tags are still registered to my trade-in and the insurance was transferred to the H3, on 7/30/05, when I bought it.

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty, 6.4L PSD, XLT, 4x4, LB.
2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2003 Land Rover Discovery S.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
2007 Harley Davidson FXD Dyna Super Glide.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:53 PM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

I previously posted how happy I was with my purchase of an H3, from Hall Hummer, in Virginia Beach, VA.
When I bought the H3, I was charged a $399 processing fee and Hall was aware that I wanted the vehicle ***led in MD, where I live, and my MD Combat Veteran tags transferred, from the BMW, I traded-in.
I was issued a 30 day VA temporary tag and told that that the documents to transfer my tag and ***le the H3, in MD, would be sent to me to take to MD MVA, where I would pay 5% MD sales tax and transfer fees. I have done this several times before, when I have purchased vehicles outside MD.
Recently, as the 30 day VA temporary tag is about to expire, I began telephoning and faxing Hall Hummer about the status of the paperwork needed to get MD tags transferred and a ***le.
After a week of ignoring me, I have now been told that Hall Hummer ***led the H3, with a non-negotiable VA ***le, subject to a security interest to SunTrust Bank, with whom Hall placed my loan to buy the H3. As a result, I can't ***le and tag the vehicle until SunTrust receives the VA paperwork and signs MD paperwork to allow me to ***le it in MD. Furthermore, because Hall ***led it in VA, MD considers my H3 as a used vehicle and I will have to have it MD inspected, at my expense, before I can tag and ***le it.
Hall's response has been tough-luck, all we had to do was record the security interest, in VA, so SunTrust would pay us the loan/purchase money
and that's all we are going to do for the $399 processing fee we charged you.
So, I now have an H3 with a VA temp tag that is about to expire, which will eventually be ***led as a used vehicle, in MD, after I pay for a MD inspection and get all the necessary documents, from SunTrust and VA DOT, to take to MD MVA. Of course, MD MVA will want to charge me an uninsured fee because the tags are still registered to my trade-in and the insurance was transferred to the H3, on 7/30/05, when I bought it.

2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:33 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had nothing put positive experiences from Hall. I hate hearing about your problem. Dan came from CT to buy at Hall and had no problems what-so-ever. In and out and on his way home. He also had no title or licensing issues.

You must have had some serious lack of communication going on there. I'd like to hear from Hall.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:00 PM

Amy is off the scale

I think many Va Bch dealers work the same.
The will give you a temp tag, If you want anything else you have to do it.

JEEZE, just how many Va Bch'ers are here?
Old 08-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

H3ProspectKy is off the scale

I bought mine at Lynch in Missouri and registered and titled in Kentucky. They had all the paperwork ready and waiting without a hitch when I arrived to seal the deal on Thurs. and of course there was NO "processing fee". Obviously, Hall knew you were from MD and were not going to register it in VA, and the "processing fee" was just to skim more profit from you. Not a good thing. I would pursue getting that fee returned to you at the very least.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:16 PM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
I've had nothing put positive experiences from Hall. I hate hearing about your problem. Dan came from CT to buy at Hall and had no problems what-so-ever. In and out and on his way home. He also had no title or licensing issues.

You must have had some serious lack of communication going on there. I'd like to hear from Hall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If your friend, from CT, paid cash, Hall would have given him the manufacturer's certificate of origin, which he could then take to CT and title as a new vehicle, without inspection.
I too would like to hear from Hall; but, for over a week Chuck, the general mgr, Tony, the finance mgr, and Lisa, the title clerk, have ignored my voice-mails, faxes and e-mails.

2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:25 PM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amy:
I think many Va Bch dealers work the same.
The will give you a temp tag, If you want anything else you have to do it.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm used to VA dealers exhorbitant processing fees, as opposed to MD where they are limited to $100; but, at least the VA dealers, from whom I previously bought, in Newport News, Suffolk, and Vienna, transferred my tags and got me a MD title.
All Hall Hummer has done, by getting a non-negotiable VA title, was get the loan money from the bank for themselves and leave me to pay more, for a MD inspection, spend hours doing the title work and eventually my "new" H3 will be titled as used.

2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:30 PM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3ProspectKy:
I bought mine at Lynch in Missouri and registered and titled in Kentucky. They had all the paperwork ready and waiting without a hitch when I arrived to seal the deal on Thurs. and of course there was NO "processing fee". Obviously, Hall knew you were from MD and were not going to register it in VA, and the "processing fee" was just to skim more profit from you. Not a good thing. I would pursue getting that fee returned to you at the very least. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right you are!
The $399 processing fee was 100% profit for Hall and I will have to pay for a MD inspection, spend hours of my time, and end up with a new H3, titled as used.

2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:40 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW- that really sucks about the lack of communication.

Look at it this way... When you drove out of the lot that truck became used.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:25 AM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning all, I would have to say that some of these postings are less than honest. I just played back a message I received yesterday informing me of his expierence, so he has not been waiting to hear from me for over a week! I was in meetings and with customers and did not play it until 10 minutes ago. All my business cards have my cell phone number and desk number on them, my numbers for the offcie and desk are on the internet, all the operators have and do transfer calls to my cell phone, so how hard am I to contact! I will look into the situation right now and respond appropiately.
chuck
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by walc:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:

You must have had some serious lack of communication going on there. I'd like to hear from Hall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If your friend, from CT, paid cash, Hall would have given him the manufacturer's certificate of origin, which he could then take to CT and title as a new vehicle, without inspection.
I too would like to hear from Hall; but, for over a week Chuck, the general mgr, Tony, the finance mgr, and Lisa, the title clerk, have ignored my voice-mails, faxes and e-mails. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

I agree that my first call directly to Chuck Jordan, the GM of Hall Hummer, was on 8/22, at approx. 10:30 A.M., after over a week of calls, fax and e-mail to the dealership.
Thankfully, someone on this board alerted Chuck to my posts and he called me back this morning. He is working on trying to resolve the problem, as is Melissa Davis, title clerk, who has been very nice and helpful.
The bottom line seems to be that because of the way it was originally done, by Hall, I will have to undergo MD inspection. However, Hall Hummer has agreed to reimburse me, for the cost, and send me another VA temp tag, to use while I'm getting a MD title.
I now feel that Hall Hummer is trying to correct the problem and restore me to my " completely satisfied customer" status.

2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

Thanks to the intervention of Agriv8r a/k/a Chuck Jordan, Hall Hummer GM, the MD registration problems have been fully resolved and my Vietnam Veteran tags have been transferred to my H3.
I just mailed my survey, to Hummer, and marked all questions " completely satisfied."

2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Way to go Hall, looks like they care walc, the dealership I worked at would have told yo to pound sand.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:51 AM
Hummer Veteran

CLAYDOG is off the scale

Good to hear they straightend every thing out for you. Now that every things been handled properly ya might want to edit the ***le of the thread.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CLAYDOG:
Good to hear they straightend every thing out for you. Now that every things been handled properly ya might want to edit the ***le of the thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good idea.
Done. ( deleted "buyer beware". )

2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:47 PM
Rutdogg

Default Re: Hall Hummer, Va. Beach

The only thing good I can say about Hall Hummer is they have a very good service department. Phil is the man. As for the sales department...lets just say...I live about 5 mins from the dealership and I bought my H3 in Northern VA.

Last edited by Rutdogg : 02-02-2007 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

Location: PA, Back in the deep mountains, away from stupid people!!
hummer_metal is on a distinguished road

Isn't Phil Great?

I think Hummer should just give him a dealership to run to teach other service managers like John Marasco at Wright Hummer.

There is a lot to be said here, I started a thread about the two dealerships, but found this thread to comment on.

Phil Causey is a straight shooter, if there is a problem, he will get it taken care of.

I wonder how John Marasco adds up to Phil Causey?

John Marasco

veg?e?tar?i?an (vĕj'ĭ-t?r'ē-ən): Old Indian word for "Poor Hunter"

http://themetalpeddler.com
Old 04-13-2007, 11:54 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer_metal
Isn't Phil Great?

I think Hummer should just give him a dealership to run to teach other service managers like John Marasco at Wright Hummer.

There is a lot to be said here, I started a thread about the two dealerships, but found this thread to comment on.

Phil Causey is a straight shooter, if there is a problem, he will get it taken care of.

I wonder how John Marasco adds up to Phil Causey?

John Marasco

I will pass this onto Phil for you......
Old 04-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutdogg
The only thing good I can say about Hall Hummer is they have a very good service department. Phil is the man. As for the sales department...lets just say...I live about 5 mins from the dealership and I bought my H3 in Northern VA.

glad you were able to find someone to make you happy...
Old 04-14-2007, 12:09 AM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agriv8r
glad you were able to find someone to make you happy...

Chuck is the man... He helped me find my H3 and I didn't even buy it from him. I ended up buying mine in New Castle Delaware. That's where Chuck Located the option-ed out H3 I wanted.

You can bet the next new H3 I go for ..I'll be calling Chuck to buy it from.
Thanks for your help Chuck..!!