H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Hummer Veteran

Location: Houston (The Heights)Texas <'))))>?{ . N 29.47.89 W 95.25.71
Spuds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OUCH! GM sales plummet 21%

At least GM has the Saturn line, the Silverado and Corvette, Cadillac and the H3 to keep them strong.

Ford has.......

Ford has........

Mazda!

It must suck to be Ford.....
'87 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
'91 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
'04 VW Touareg VR-6
'07 Hummer H3 I-5 Lux/Offroad

Current:
'03 Ford Ranger Super Cab FX4
'09 Hummer H3 Alpha Offroad

Handle every situation like the dog !!
If you can't Eat it or Screw it; Piss on it and Walk Away.

Last edited by Spuds : 07-05-2007 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

phantom2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I can't begin to tell you how many times I have purchased and sold GM stock.Whenever I purchased it,it was with the blessing of my broker.I have never made a penny on GM and I have learned my lesson.I was brought up on GM and Chevrolet and I'm very disappointed in the way the company has evolved.I don't think they will recover from their poor reputation for quality that they earned through the 70s and 80s.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I owned a Chevy Citation. POS
I know all too well. I have no real money so I can't say much about investing.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom2
I can't begin to tell you how many times I have purchased and sold GM stock.Whenever I purchased it,it was with the blessing of my broker.I have never made a penny on GM and I have learned my lesson.I was brought up on GM and Chevrolet and I'm very disappointed in the way the company has evolved.I don't think they will recover from their poor reputation for quality that they earned through the 70s and 80s.

the time to get it was a little while back in 06, but now is still good. I made some money

btw, brokers suck, they dont know shiet from...???...anything else. your better off following the market yourself if you have time.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

Unfortunately due to the recent dealings I've had with GM- I will not purchase another vehicle from them. I absolutely love my H3- don't get me wrong and it's killing me to get rid of it...BUT...It's just a lemon and GM doesn't wanna do crap for me. I can't support a company that refuses to stand behind their product. I'm waiting for the outcome from the Better Business Bureau/Lemon Law. Once it's done with- I'll be at a dealership to buy something foreign. Maybe I'll go back to a BMW or perhaps I'll grab a Mercedes this time but GM is definitely out. Hell- they could give me the vehicle for free and I'd still not take it.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:04 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
Unfortunately due to the recent dealings I've had with GM- I will not purchase another vehicle from them. I absolutely love my H3- don't get me wrong and it's killing me to get rid of it...BUT...It's just a lemon and GM doesn't wanna do crap for me. I can't support a company that refuses to stand behind their product. I'm waiting for the outcome from the Better Business Bureau/Lemon Law. Once it's done with- I'll be at a dealership to buy something foreign. Maybe I'll go back to a BMW or perhaps I'll grab a Mercedes this time but GM is definitely out. Hell- they could give me the vehicle for free and I'd still not take it.

that sucks, every time i but a vehicle i pray (kinda) to not get a lemon or something of the sort. but no matter how rare theyare one in a bunh will just have something consistently happening to it. GM should do something if it is indeed a lemon. Whats their response been?

at leas tyour going with good brands and not that shiet toyotas got going on.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

phantom2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Dani,you have definitely had a rough time of it, but you just can't compare any GM vehicle to Mercedes or BMW.If I could afford either of those,I would never purchase a GM vehicle although I really would love a Corvette.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:20 AM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin8703
that sucks, every time i but a vehicle i pray (kinda) to not get a lemon or something of the sort. but no matter how rare theyare one in a bunh will just have something consistently happening to it. GM should do something if it is indeed a lemon. Whats their response been?

at leas tyour going with good brands and not that shiet toyotas got going on.

GM actually agreed to do a trade re-purchase. HOWEVER their trade re-purchase offer is to just give me what I owe on my current H3 in credit towards a different H3. Now- how they figure that is beyond me. I paid $37k for my car and they aren't offering me anywhere near what I paid for it. They offered me about $15k less as they said that since I only owe $22k on it- that's all they will give me towards the re-purchase. GM also wants to charge me for mileage used on my current H3. So basically by the time I'd be done with the trade re-purchase- I'd owe them at least $10-20k more depending on the H3 that I pick out. We also qualify for GMS but were told by GM that we cannot use GMS on a re-purchase.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:39 AM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom2
Dani,you have definitely had a rough time of it, but you just can't compare any GM vehicle to Mercedes or BMW.If I could afford either of those,I would never purchase a GM vehicle although I really would love a Corvette.

I would loved to keep my Hummer and will really miss it when it's gone. It's the one and only car that I've wanted for many many years. However I've noticed that GM just doesn't have the same idea on quality as foreign auto makers have. The first vehicle I ever bought was a '75 BMW 2002A. It was old and totally crappy looking BUT- I drove it for 10 years and didn't put a single dime into it other than gas, oil and brakes. Not bad for a vehicle that was 19 yrs old when I bought it. It was probably the best car I've ever owned (quality wise). I've owned a few Honda's and the H3 is the first American made vehicle I've ever bought. My hubby has an Impala (company car) and I've noticed that it too lacks in the quality department.
Maybe I'm too picky- I don't know. But when I spend $37k on a brand new vehicle I expect it to get me from place to place without spending almost 50 days in the shop in it's first year of use.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:46 AM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve - SanJose
Dani - I'm curious, how many miles on you H3? That part about giving credit for the loan balance is lame, how they come up with this crap is beyond me.

I have right around 32k on it right now.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:49 AM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

funny thing is- that if I win my lemon law case- Ohio has no allowance for usage. So according to my attorney- GM will get nothing for the 32k miles that my H3 has. GM will also have to pay me for the finance charges, taxes, title and licensing fees and whatever options that I paid to put on the vehicle as extras.

As GM's current offer stands- for the trade re-purchase- I'd not only have to pay them the difference between what I owe and the cost of the new H3 that I pick out- but I'd have to pay taxes, title and licensing fees again. Which adds at least another $3-4k on.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:09 AM
Hummer Authority

Wisha Haddan H3 is an unknown quantity at this point

That buyback deal sucked but you're doing the right thing with the lawsuit. Good luck!
Old 07-06-2007, 04:57 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
GM actually agreed to do a trade re-purchase. HOWEVER their trade re-purchase offer is to just give me what I owe on my current H3 in credit towards a different H3. Now- how they figure that is beyond me. I paid $37k for my car and they aren't offering me anywhere near what I paid for it. They offered me about $15k less as they said that since I only owe $22k on it- that's all they will give me towards the re-purchase. GM also wants to charge me for mileage used on my current H3. So basically by the time I'd be done with the trade re-purchase- I'd owe them at least $10-20k more depending on the H3 that I pick out. We also qualify for GMS but were told by GM that we cannot use GMS on a re-purchase.

man that sucks. hope you win your lemon case, at least you get a little something better. Although I am a little glad to hear that GM did at least offer something (however bad that offer may be). I have a feeling some of the other manufacturers wouldnt even give you any offer at all, they would just wait for the law suit.

good luck with the whole thing.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

Location: Houston (The Heights)Texas <'))))>?{ . N 29.47.89 W 95.25.71
Spuds is on a distinguished road

Dani, I'm fairly new here and not familiar with your case so excuse me if I'm off base here.

Let me tell you, the foreign SUV's are not without their problems as well. I have heard horror stories about the X5 and my neighbor is about to run his MB50 into the Gulf and leave it. My Touareg was in the shop a lot, but fortunately all covered under warranty. The Tire Pressure Monitoring System module went out 10K miles out of warranty, but VW still covered it and saved me $700. Now that I'm way out of warranty I'm holding my breath.

What I've found is that the foreign SUV's are SO sophisticated and complex....its not bad when they are under warranty, but I'd not recommend having one that wasn't covered unless you have very deep pockets. Did you know that in a V-8 Touareg you have to pull the engine to change the alternator? All I'm saying is, BEWARE of what you are getting into!

BTW the worst, IMO, is Jeep/Chrysler, 3yr/36K warranty? Give me a break!!!

Even though I'm sure GM has left a bad taste in your mouth, I still don't see another SUV that compares overall with the H3, and that isn't as complex as the space shuttle.
'87 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
'91 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
'04 VW Touareg VR-6
'07 Hummer H3 I-5 Lux/Offroad

Current:
'03 Ford Ranger Super Cab FX4
'09 Hummer H3 Alpha Offroad

Handle every situation like the dog !!
If you can't Eat it or Screw it; Piss on it and Walk Away.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:51 AM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds
Dani, I'm fairly new here and not familiar with your case so excuse me if I'm off base here.

Let me tell you, the foreign SUV's are not without their problems as well. I have heard horror stories about the X5 and my neighbor is about to run his MB50 into the Gulf and leave it. My Touareg was in the shop a lot, but fortunately all covered under warranty. The Tire Pressure Monitoring System module went out 10K miles out of warranty, but VW still covered it and saved me $700. Now that I'm way out of warranty I'm holding my breath.

What I've found is that the foreign SUV's are SO sophisticated and complex....its not bad when they are under warranty, but I'd not recommend having one that wasn't covered unless you have very deep pockets. Did you know that in a V-8 Touareg you have to pull the engine to change the alternator? All I'm saying is, BEWARE of what you are getting into!

BTW the worst, IMO, is Jeep/Chrysler, 3yr/36K warranty? Give me a break!!!

Even though I'm sure GM has left a bad taste in your mouth, I still don't see another SUV that compares overall with the H3, and that isn't as complex as the space shuttle.

I'm probably not gonna get another SUV. If I do- I'll probably go for the G500. HUGE price difference between the H3 and the G500 but a friend of mine has the G500 and she loves it.
Otherwise I'm looking for something small like say the BMW Z4. Then again maybe I'll go back to Honda. I had a pretty decent experience with Honda in the past- had a transmission issue with my Pilot when it was about 2 mos old and Honda gave me a brand new Pilot exactly like the one I had....and I didn't even have to fight for it.