H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale

Ok, I did the obligatory "search" under the previous posts for the answers to my questions, but have yet to find them. So- Does anyone have dyno numbers for their blower install? I am hoping to see the difference between all of the offerings...Real world data is the answer to my questions...no "manufacturer" data or ricer type hype numbers...

Also, has anyone installed a self powered sub-woofer to the Bose system? I saw a stand alone unit that fits behind the tire rack next to the 3rd row chair. Any help would be appreciated...

As I mod my H2, I will post before/after dyno numbers to show the realized gain...if any...

Have-08 Titan C/C,06 GCSRT-425FTLB & AWD, other junk..
Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Hummer Professional

Ok, I did the obligatory "search" under the previous posts for the answers to my questions, but have yet to find them. So- Does anyone have dyno numbers for their blower install? I am hoping to see the difference between all of the offerings...Real world data is the answer to my questions...no "manufacturer" data or ricer type hype numbers...

Also, has anyone installed a self powered sub-woofer to the Bose system? I saw a stand alone unit that fits behind the tire rack next to the 3rd row chair. Any help would be appreciated...

As I mod my H2, I will post before/after dyno numbers to show the realized gain...if any...

Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Hummer Professional

Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Old 12-30-2004, 11:44 PM
Hummer Professional

Whaaaaa...all the blown H2's here and no one has dyno'ed? Or is it just kept undercover to suprise all the non-Hummer drivers?

Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Old 12-30-2004, 11:48 PM
HummMe

What kinda mods are done to your L?
Old 12-31-2004, 03:42 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Here:
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=774109492 &r=774109492#774109492

And sorry for doing this again, but I love the video:
http://www.svt-enthusiast.com/albums...DLIGHTNING.wmv

Estimated drivetrain lose is in excess of 30%.
Old 12-31-2004, 04:42 AM
Hummer Professional

Excellent! The power differential of the 04's advertised 316 bhp to the dyno'ed 172rwhp tells me a differential of 45% or someone at GM was lying.Normal loss' run 15-20 percent on a regular rwd car with a standard. Auto's roll 20 to 22% loss.

With an advertised 325bhp, my '05 should dyno at 178rwhp. Add in a 135-150 rwhp gain and make it a mid-15 second runner.

BTW, I think that the stated 172rwhp numbers are way low. I think 30% loss is more accurate, or 228rwhp'ish. This is a semi-educated opinion, so don't go betting on it. I'm excited and I now know a blower is in my future.

Also, the 04L is two months old,and has no mods yet, thanx to my brother ditching it and causing 15K in damage. A ported blower,exhaust and tune is on the plate.

Thanx Ken....I appreciate all your input...

Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Old 01-02-2005, 02:03 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I'm hoping to have My magnacharger on this month Feb. at the latest and I'll get numbers up. I will be in same situation as KenP I will have to have it done with a rear wheel dino only. So, off comes the front drive shaft.
I'm waiting on My Performance shop to get their dealership direct from Magnachager. They have been dealing thru a vendor and got offered this deal. I put my money up to Magnacharger to help them show waiting business as the vendor did not want to help much to prove My guys past purchases. He is going to sell Me SC at cost for helping and charge for install only. He is going to include the dino runs as I told him i wanted it dino tuned which is how you get max without blowin it up is what i understand. KenP knows more about that stuff. How much should install cost on this project?
KenP give Me an Idea on just SC as I'm not doing the Tranny work etc. You did. I'm going to gamble on if tranny blows up getting my service guy to cover it.
I for got We plan on doing numbers before instal to see what we gained and I'll have those also.
Rick
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 01-02-2005, 02:39 AM
Hummer Authority

KenP details on the race. How did the Lighting match in HP etc. Did his traction kill him or was it more all wheel drive of H2 get all the power done with out the spin loss. It is hard to see by how much You beat Him. I saved this to show some friends. They just laugh when I tell them I'm going to blow them away so I want them to see what they have to look forward to. They just do not believe that a 7000lb truck can beat something weighing half as much and I just keep telling them wait and see. I think I'm going to add Nitrous to use out of the hole to help get it moving the weight and shut of nos and let SC take over after 1/3 up track. Usually nos is used on top end but I think it would help more at the beginning. Give it an extra 150 Hp shot for first 1/3 and then shut it off.
Rick

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenP:
Here:
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=774109492 &r=774109492#774109492

And sorry for doing this again, but I love the video:
http://www.svt-enthusiast.com/albums...DLIGHTNING.wmv

Estimated drivetrain lose is in excess of 30%. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 01-02-2005, 04:24 AM
Hummer Messiah

Here are more details. Don't get me wrong, the guy in the L can't drive. But the video is funny and the L guys were pretty cool with me. After you read through this you will get a better picture.
http://f150online.com/forums/showthr...hreadid=148400
Old 01-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Hummer Authority

Ken if there was a driver in the lighting do You think You still would have taken him? I mean the distance You had at finish plus brake checking Him (SO BAD and COOL) do You think You would had taken Him. Just looking at run on the video link and taken in account with a different driver I do not think another driver would have beat You.
Keep in mind I'm not an off roader but dragstrip freak and have driven everything from little fixed up Chevy Vega to a full blown Rail at 239 MPH. While in college one of the ways I helped pay for different expenses was driving for Keystone Manufacturing out of Kansas City MO. at the ripe old age of 18 & 19. Do not get Me wroung I was not there #1 driver but I drove the stuff the main man almost had worn out but fun and great experience. They also sponsored My 68 Mustang 289 Hiperformance block (1 of 2 last ones left in crate when Gapp and Rouse left Ford) ported, polished blue printed etc.etc. with twin 700 Holey double pumpers on tunnel ram, I worked in warehouse for Keystone after school each day and buddies kept telling them how i was making money cause I did not get paid enough, so they came out one night to Kansas City Int. SpeedWay and I did not know it. The Stang called IRON HORSE pearl white coup with factory red side stripe on side and interior red. Had a huge scoop was back road racing mostly cause it was usually pink slip or $100 to $500 a race, I never lost on back roads, We went to Olathe Kansas almost every weekend. It was one of those little racing towns where You could alays find a race. Things have changed so much now that probaly I would just do some head work cam and fit it with nitrous but to say the least I'm out of loop as far as technology today. Well anyway I said that to give a little back ground on what i know best so as to make an experienced comment about Your race and to say i do not think a better driver would have caught You or beat You. There are things they could have done to truck to make a difference but the name of the game is getting the HP's to the ground without messing up. You can have 2000 Hp againt 350 Hp all day long and if they have not provided away to transfer Hp to track they are screwed and that is fact. Watch all the top fuelers etc. and all the setup changes they make in qualifying runs as ever track is different. You could in theory run against someone with twice HP and torque and You would still win. Why? You are running all wheel drive and everything you have is getting to ground and with traction. Think what you would do with half the weight. You just have to make sure your reaction time is constant at the tree every time, which is easier with Auto Trans. That is one thing I learned from Pro's at Keystone when i was young. They had me to junk the custom built T-10 top loader 4 speed for an auto setup thier way with a 5500 stall speed converter. Stage hit line lock and on 3rd yellow stomp hole in floor with accellerator.
Maybe I'm being a little biased because it is You and an H2 but I built and raced from 15 till 35, so i had 20 years. I just do not feel that without huge Mickeys He could not beat You all night.
Well Just thought it may be interesting to share what I saw and thought about video from a perspective that I'm experienced at since i know didly about off roading i do know drag racing or I should say I did know since it has changed so much now. I could get back in it and learn real quick. But there are just certain basics that will never change.
Well it was awsume and that is why I'm going to SC and if it still will not get out of the hole I'll add nitrous for early shot and then let SC handle the rest.
Great video thanks for sharing it.
Rick
Old 01-02-2005, 07:53 PM

Joseph Muha is off the scale

That was pretty funny in the video. I liked the brake check at the end. What does i cost to really boost the horsepower on an H2? What does it do to warranties etc...?
Thanks!
Old 01-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Hummer Messiah

He would have beaten me. His MPH was about 5 higher than mine. He should have feathered the throttle. Just my opinion.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RLTAZH2:
Ken if there was a driver in the lighting do You think You still would have taken him? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shoulda, coulda, woulda...

Ken, if the Lightning driver had a Sobe energy drink & a raisin bran muffin earlier in the day and had just moved his bowels and was about 1 1/2lbs lighter and more relaxed and didn't spin his tires like a newbie do you still think that the Lakers would have chugged pony wang in the Finals last year? Just wondering.