H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-26-2002, 09:04 PM

H2-T2 is off the scale

AMEN TO THAT, BROTHER....
Old 11-26-2002, 09:10 PM

ktower_heels is off the scale

Glad to hear you finally got your H2. I dropped off posting to the H2ML because it become to cluttered to keep up with. I still remember the original few when we had to travel to Chevy demo shows to take and post pictures for each other.
How you liking the big beast?

Will probably wait for 2004 model, purchase with my new company as "the company car".
Old 11-26-2002, 09:21 PM

TS is off the scale

Steve, that is the funniest thing I've seen so far. A quantitative justification for driving a gas guzzler. Too bad I cant use that line.. but wait, I did install a digital thermostat that virtually shuts down my heat during the day and keep my house a balmy 68 in the evenings.. I must be saving some energy. Hmmm.. I can now drive my H2 with my head held up high!!!
Old 11-26-2002, 09:21 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

H2-T2....Amen to what I wrote, or to my having a twisted little mind. I'm guessing both? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2002, 09:26 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

My purpose here is to make friends, discuss the H2 and have fun. While some of what I write may touch on religion, politics and general beliefs...I promise and assure you that it is entirely light-hearted and NOT to be taken literally.

I love to write, I work from my home and NEED the distraction, and if I can get you to laugh hard enough that your drink comes bursting up through your nostrils...then I'm doing my job right!

If anything I write offends anyone, PLEASE email me offlist and I will likely offer apologies and explanation. Let's stay focused Humm-budz...we're all here for fun!
Old 11-26-2002, 09:28 PM

H2-T2 is off the scale

Steve R....I like the way you think and write! So I guess I should have said "Amen, Amen"
Old 11-26-2002, 09:31 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

dude! I'll be your H2-30 anyday! or would that be CP-H2-0?
Old 11-27-2002, 11:32 AM

KAC is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ratesguy:
Is everyone aware that over 30 SUV,s in the Richmond area have been vandalized by eco-terrorists over the past month? Acid thrown on them, hatchet chopped and generally destroyed. Better get that locking gas cap quick<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richmond, VA???? Or what state?

That's very close to me - guess I need to keep a close eye on my truck and find that locking gas cap.

Kim

KAC
'03 Red Adv Series
Old 11-27-2002, 02:07 PM
Hummer Professional

ratesguy is off the scale

KAC. Richmond Virginia-- And in more isolated places here in the U.S. Kind of scary [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2002, 05:53 PM

KAC is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ratesguy:
KAC. Richmond Virginia-- And in more isolated places here in the U.S. Kind of scary [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yikes, that's right around the corner - I have to drive through there on Sunday. I won't be stopping! Thanks for the info. Makes me glad I can park it so I can see it from my desk at work.

Kim

KAC
'03 Red Adv Series
Old 11-30-2002, 06:42 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Just 31 more views on this post and it breaks 1,000 total views!

Operators are standing by to note your view, please pitch in and do what you can to support this noble cause. Thanks!
Old 11-30-2002, 04:36 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

I noticed when I view a string and go back to the beginning, it doesn't tick up a notch. This one was just at 998, I looked at it, refreshed, and still 998. Anyway, 2 to go. What was this topic on again?
Old 11-30-2002, 04:48 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Okay....it hit 1000 views, let's kill this thread: can't even remember what it was about! As a swell tangent...check out my offroading pics on my "H2 ROCKS" thread!

Thanks all
Old 11-30-2002, 06:41 PM

Seth is off the scale

Isn’t it Ironic?

I live in the Bay Area, I see so many “environmentalists” driving vehicles like old VW buses. It’s funny they have bumper stickers all over their cars that talk about saving the planet, yet they all blow black smoke into the air as they drive down the streets of Berkeley from engines that have not been tuned up since Woodstock. You would think they would be driving single occupant vehicles that run on electricity, hydrogen, potatoes or whatever, but the vast majority do not. I hardly see any hybrid or electric cars on the road and this is the place where you would think you would find many of them.

I go out of my way to conserve when and where I can, I think most people with common sense do. Extreme environmentalists are like extreme anything, I don’t trust them, they are naive at best and obsessed at worst.

I look forward to driving my H2 all around the Bay Area and see all the environmentalists shaking there heads and pointing there fingers. They don’t know me, they don’t know what I do to help conserve, they make there judgments based on one thing, what they see me driving and they decide where the line should be drawn. It’s funny how the very “liberal” wind up being the most closed minded.

Peace Out, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Seth
Old 11-30-2002, 11:15 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Great point Seth! Your totally correct. I myself happen to have an old '69 ghia convertible....I can assure you that the H2 does consume more fuel in terms of mpg....BUT the old VW engine does not combust the fuel nearly as clean and efficiently as the H2. The emmissions out of the VW could choke ya. The H2 may suck gallons...but she's way cleaner!

AND who says those old VW's get great mileage? Sure, they look modest and could usher in a great Woodstock event...but their 1600cc air-cooled engines get about 15 mpg trying to lug around those boxy shell-on-frame designs.
Old 12-04-2002, 03:12 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

So I walk into a regular restraunt after a marathon racquetball night....and our usual waiter starts telling me how he saw me and my H2 on tv. But get this...they finally found a use for all the other footage they shot of my interview!

I'm going to call CBS and see what's up with that. I'll post what I can find. Rumor has it they compared it with a Discovery and my bud says I looked really 'capable' offroading it. We'll see?