H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 04-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

I've read through the threads here and I can't find any specific information on whether or not you can add an ipod to the factory radio with 6 CD changer and XM. My installer tried it using a PAC Audio AAI-GM24 but it didn't work, so we temporarily went with a hard-wired FM modulator (which sounds like $hit). I saw the threads on the Neo but it's not exactly the solution I'm looking for. The way I currently have it hooked up is I have the ipod Universal dock velcroed to the flat area behind the gear shift. When the ipod is in the cradle it's basically straddled between the climate controls so I have no problem accessing them. There is a power cord and an audio cable running out of the back of the dock so that's how it's hooked up. Basically I want to hardwire the ipod to the radio since it sounds so bad through the FM modulator. Has anybody done this with XM and the 6 CD changer?
Old 04-30-2006, 09:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

Rick is off the scale

You should check out this thread....

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/8651082251

It has a lot of good info about adding an iPod. You can also search for other threads...
2006 H3 - Luxury - Superior Blue - Sunroof - Chrome Pkg. - Chrome Step Tubes - AVN30D with rear view camera and iPod connection - Volant CAI - MagnaFlow dual exhaust - Throttle Body Spacer - Train Air Horn (to be installed) - More adds to come (New shoes & supercharger!)

1990 Porsche C2 (911) - Highly modified and very, very fast!
Old 04-30-2006, 11:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick:
You should check out this thread....

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/8651082251

It has a lot of good info about adding an iPod. You can also search for other threads...

Like I said, I've read through the stuff on here and I don't see anything specific about hard wiring an ipod to the Monsoon system with XM and the 6 CD changer. I know it's been done with the single CD radio but the changer apparently complicates things significantly.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:38 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to PM Klaus and Kodiakz...I believe they have both done the install and will have the needed info for you

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 05-01-2006, 11:04 AM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

Thanks, DDWH. I PM'd both of them. If anyone else has info, please feel free to help!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

BuzzH3 is off the scale

I have added my iPod to my system and I have the 6-disc Monsoon system with XM. I used the Soundgate AUXGMV3 and the HK Drive + Play (get it on eBay, much cheaper). The iPod sits in my glove box and I have the HK display mounted to one of the plastic bolt covers in the center of the dash near the windshield. I bought the optional ash tray and mounted the controller to the top of it and it sits in the front cup-holder. The system works great and it makes for a real clean install. The AUX adapter is a little strange to turn on with XM and the changer. You have to switch to one of the XM presets, then hit the seek up button 3 times and the seek down button once. It works great and sounds great though. The HK system gives you pretty much total control of your iPod.

Let me know if you need any more information on the install.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:00 PM

WV Humm\'EER is off the scale

I was getting ready to post something similiar. I just got an Ipod and really want to use it in the H3. Looks like I am going to try what you have Buzz.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

BuzzH3 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by WV Humm'EER:
I was getting ready to post something similiar. I just got an Ipod and really want to use it in the H3. Looks like I am going to try what you have Buzz.

Let me know if you need any additional info on the install.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:31 PM

WV Humm\'EER is off the scale

Thanks, I am not at all mechanical so I probably will have a few questions.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by BuzzH3:
I have added my iPod to my system and I have the 6-disc Monsoon system with XM. I used the Soundgate AUXGMV3 and the HK Drive + Play (get it on eBay, much cheaper). The iPod sits in my glove box and I have the HK display mounted to one of the plastic bolt covers in the center of the dash near the windshield. I bought the optional ash tray and mounted the controller to the top of it and it sits in the front cup-holder. The system works great and it makes for a real clean install. The AUX adapter is a little strange to turn on with XM and the changer. You have to switch to one of the XM presets, then hit the seek up button 3 times and the seek down button once. It works great and sounds great though. The HK system gives you pretty much total control of your iPod.

Let me know if you need any more information on the install.

Buzz:

Thanks for the info. I had actually looked into the drive+play at one point but decided not to go with it. I've been having a heck of a time getting this thing to work but I think I almost have it figured out. The PAC Audio AAI-GM24 was supposed to have worked but my installer was unable to get it working. Now I am going to try the PAC Audio AAI-GM12. It uses the XM input and adds two auxiliary inputs. Apparently it comes with a toggle switch (middle position is XM, and up or down changes between aux1 and aux2) and that's how you toggle between XM and whatever you have hooked up to the other inputs (in my case it'll just be my ipod). Hopefully this will work and I can rid of the crappy FM modulator that we hooked up temporarily (it really sounds like crap).