H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-13-2002, 12:56 PM

sheag is off the scale

So I had a couple of things break in my H2 today. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

First off the folding mirror feature. They'll fold in fine, but the left one won't fold back out unless you "help" it manually. Secondly is the feature that remembers the driver seat setting. Whenever I open the car the seat moves all the way forward and up like I'm a 4 foot 2 inch Hummer-driving Granny instead of the statuesque Amazonian I am in truth. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I just turned off the 'remember driver seat positioning' option, I don't need it anyway as I'm the only driver, but it did it again anyway.

My sunroofs didn't get installed on time, but I went and got my rig anyway cuz I want to go play in the snow this weekend, so I have to take it back next week for the sunroof installation and I guess they can look at these bugs then..

Shea
'03 Sunset Orange Adventure
Old 12-13-2002, 12:56 PM

sheag is off the scale

So I had a couple of things break in my H2 today. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

First off the folding mirror feature. They'll fold in fine, but the left one won't fold back out unless you "help" it manually. Secondly is the feature that remembers the driver seat setting. Whenever I open the car the seat moves all the way forward and up like I'm a 4 foot 2 inch Hummer-driving Granny instead of the statuesque Amazonian I am in truth. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I just turned off the 'remember driver seat positioning' option, I don't need it anyway as I'm the only driver, but it did it again anyway.

My sunroofs didn't get installed on time, but I went and got my rig anyway cuz I want to go play in the snow this weekend, so I have to take it back next week for the sunroof installation and I guess they can look at these bugs then..

Shea
'03 Sunset Orange Adventure
Old 12-13-2002, 01:06 PM

Tiger Bait is off the scale

someone posted a "fix" for the mirror issue.

On the seats mine did the same thing. Easily fixed. Using each key and fob in turn set your seat mirrors radio presets etc the way you want them, then depress the number button on the door and hold it until it chimes twice. If you don't hear two chimes it hasn't memorized it. The vehicle will remember then. You have to do it for both keys and fobs because it remembers them by each number. It's all in the quick guide if you read it carefully and follow the instrustions very specifically. I didn't the first time and got smashed against the sterring wheel just like you. Also one quirk, remember to use both key fobs at least every few days or the H2 will forget about the one you haven't used and you will have to set it again. Another simple, but pain in the butt process. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2002, 01:07 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

I haven't had that problem with the memory seats, but I have had to get the right folding mirror replaced for same.

On the seat, however, I did have an unanticipated problem. My wife used her key fob to unlock the H2. But I got in to drive, and when I inserted the key it implemented driver 2 memory (thinking it was her). Dang! Before I know it, my knees are jammed into the dash and my torso is mashed into the steering wheel. She's laughing, I'm screaming. I press the driver 1 button to provide relief and hold it down too long and it keeps that position as new memory for me.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas
Old 12-13-2002, 02:15 PM

dr p is off the scale

texas red
this sounds like a really easy solution for an orthopedic surgeon??