H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-17-2003, 02:21 PM
Tucson Beast

Hi Forum - I have two questions about H2 customizing:

1. I want to order the light bar for the top of the H2 - I already have the grille mount lights. The dealer told me that I can only operate two of the four top lights if I have the two grille lights. Is this true and if so why?

2. What is the average cost to install a DVD player with two monitors (located in head rest of fronts seats - I have a sunroof--is there any other location with sunroof).

Thanks

Tucson Beast
Old 02-17-2003, 02:21 PM
Tucson Beast

Hi Forum - I have two questions about H2 customizing:

1. I want to order the light bar for the top of the H2 - I already have the grille mount lights. The dealer told me that I can only operate two of the four top lights if I have the two grille lights. Is this true and if so why?

2. What is the average cost to install a DVD player with two monitors (located in head rest of fronts seats - I have a sunroof--is there any other location with sunroof).

Thanks

Tucson Beast
Old 02-18-2003, 03:37 PM
Tucson Beast

PhilD - Thanks for the info - will await your update on the lights
Old 02-18-2003, 04:09 PM

vlad is off the scale

Hello, The Hummer is available with 6 off road lights. 4 on the roof and 2 on the brushguard. More than enough light. This setup looks and works great, but too tall for a automatic carwash.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:07 AM
Hummer Veteran

HummerH2 is off the scale

Why don't you just mount another battery somewhere and run the roof lights to that battery?

New York Rules
Old 02-22-2003, 05:51 PM
Tucson Beast

Hi PhilD & HummerH2

The discussion on the lights has been great - I have ordered the roof lights (as stated - I have the grille lights already) I want to tell the Dealer to wire so that I can used both. It sounds like the dealer (according to your discussion) will not bypass GM standards. How difficult is it for me to wire the grille light to the headlamps high beam? Secondly, if the dealer wires according to standards - if I turn on both roof and grille at the same time (two switches) will the two grille and only two (of four) roof lamps be active? Lastly, is there a relay that is not in use that the roof lamps can use? Finally, what is the MidBec - and how can I talk to the dealer about finding a solution regarding the MidBec?

Thanks
Old 02-22-2003, 09:46 PM
Tucson Beast

Thanks PhilD - BTW I love the Whataburger on Shoreline in Corpus.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:06 PM

buffalojoe is off the scale

had a audiovox tv/dvd player installed sits just behind the sunroof also put a 7in. monitor next to the radio which is also connected to a back up camera makes for a nice clean installation
Old 02-24-2003, 01:49 AM

SoCalHummer is off the scale

I had the dealer install the switch that came with the light bar lights directly across from the one for the front brush guard light switch and I have run the HID headlights with High beam Halogen on and all 6 lights on at the same time with no problem. I used them recently in the California desert for over 3 hours with the enging running of course and no problem with the amp guage dropping below 14 volts.

Hope this helps