H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 10-11-2005, 02:06 PM

martini is off the scale

Hi all. I am looking into getting a H3 and was hoping you could help answer some of my questions/concerns.
Is it true that it can be serviced at a Chevy dealer (Hummer dealer isn't really close to me)?
What are the dimensions of the back cargo area? I play golf and was wondering if a set of clubs fit if the back seats were up.
My current car has audio controls on the steering wheel and I am afraid that I will really miss this feature, is there anything I can do/add to get it on the H3?
Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:06 PM

martini is off the scale

Hi all. I am looking into getting a H3 and was hoping you could help answer some of my questions/concerns.
Is it true that it can be serviced at a Chevy dealer (Hummer dealer isn't really close to me)?
What are the dimensions of the back cargo area? I play golf and was wondering if a set of clubs fit if the back seats were up.
My current car has audio controls on the steering wheel and I am afraid that I will really miss this feature, is there anything I can do/add to get it on the H3?
Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:53 PM

TorontoJeff is off the scale

Im not sure about the Chevy dealer.

A set of clubs will fit in the trunk without putting the seats down.

I miss the volume control on the steering wheel. As far as I know, it is not available after market. But I hardly miss it enough to regret buying the truck.

What I do miss is my driver side "Oh Sh*t" handle, but i've already ranted on that!
Old 10-11-2005, 03:25 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TorontoJeff:
A set of clubs will fit in the trunk without putting the seats down.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to know. I was just wondering about this over the weekend

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 10-11-2005, 05:54 PM

CLGeorge3944 is off the scale

My Hummer dealer said that any Chevrolet dealer can work on the Hummer and should have all of the normal wear & tear parts avaliable. I will still take mine to the dealer though because it is a first year vehcicle and I beleive that the tech there have to know more about working on Hummers then a Chevy dealer. An oil change might not be that bad but I think I will still go to a Humemr dealer.

I miss the audio controls also but you get use to not having them and the radio is close and easy to work. If it were an option I would have bought it but I dont miss it enough to not get the vehicle.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:13 PM

trebor is off the scale

I was told by both the local Chevy and GMC dealers that, yes they can work on them, but they are not authorized to do warranty work on the Hummer.

As for the buttons on the steering wheel, I have a '05 Yukon for work that has them and I much prefer not having them. I tend to always be hitting the OnStar button by mistake.

Space behind the rear seat is 31.9 x 42.1, as per Hummer.com.
H3-Boulder Gray, Ebony Leather, Lux Pkg, Off Road Pkg, Auto, Power Sunroof, Chrome Pkg, XM, Brush Guard, Trailer Pkg, Rocker Panel Protection, Removable Assist Steps, Painted Hard Tire Cover, Chrome Fuel Door
Other 4x4s:
1997 Wrangler
2003 Expedit
Old 10-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

if an emergency situation, e.g., a cylinder headgasket blows in the middle of nowhere, WINs (GM's warranty division) could authorize a repair, to help the customer, and save GM a large towing bill, since the engine is used by Chevy and GMC.
All warranty, in any GM vehicle goes through WINs; except for Saturn (and maybe Saab), and their paid claims end up in WINs reports.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Hummer Guru

The Green Lantern is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by martini:
Thanks in advance for the help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Martini - herreee ya gooo!!
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2005, 05:57 AM
Banned

SledgeHummer is off the scale

I'm not much of a golfer, but if I was, I would INSIST the Golf Club would allow me to use my H3 as the Caddy otherwise I would cancel my membership.

And if no other club accepts my conditions....forget Golf, Enjoy the Hummer

heheheh, I'm a baaaad boy sometimes.

SledgeHummer