H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 01-07-2006, 05:07 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, today while being driven around by my wife, I looked at a bunch of cars. It got me to thinking. The media gushed over and over again about the new Mustang. I like it too. But I have to say, the H3 feels like you're driving around in a fishbowl compared to the 'Stang! We drove 'em, almost traded the Mini S in on one (now THAT car had excellent visibility, considering you're sitting on the ground!)

There's quite a few cars out there that have wretched visibility. Just seems odd to me that the writers hack the H3 to death for it's limited visibility to the point that they wouldn't buy one because of that issue and when you read some of the same writer's opinions of all the cars that you haven't a prayer of visibility, they're mute!

Ever take a close look at a Toyota Pious? Mustang? Eclipse?

Really, since you're on the ground, instead of up in the air like a Hummer, it's truly clausterphobic in the Mustang. By all the recent accounts, a resurgence in AMC Pacer sales is bound to happen!

Now, if I can just mount a mechanical arm to the driver's door of our H3 to work the ATM that I couldn't reach in our Mini S......
Old 01-07-2006, 05:07 AM
Hummer Expert

Well, today while being driven around by my wife, I looked at a bunch of cars. It got me to thinking. The media gushed over and over again about the new Mustang. I like it too. But I have to say, the H3 feels like you're driving around in a fishbowl compared to the 'Stang! We drove 'em, almost traded the Mini S in on one (now THAT car had excellent visibility, considering you're sitting on the ground!)

There's quite a few cars out there that have wretched visibility. Just seems odd to me that the writers hack the H3 to death for it's limited visibility to the point that they wouldn't buy one because of that issue and when you read some of the same writer's opinions of all the cars that you haven't a prayer of visibility, they're mute!

Ever take a close look at a Toyota Pious? Mustang? Eclipse?

Really, since you're on the ground, instead of up in the air like a Hummer, it's truly clausterphobic in the Mustang. By all the recent accounts, a resurgence in AMC Pacer sales is bound to happen!

Now, if I can just mount a mechanical arm to the driver's door of our H3 to work the ATM that I couldn't reach in our Mini S......
Old 01-07-2006, 07:27 AM
Hummer Professional

nmikes is off the scale

speaking of being claustrophobic... is it just me or does it seem like there is a ton of wasted space between the plastic interior walls and the outside sheet metal... is this dead space really necessary?
Old 01-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

Thats where they should have mounted the door switches along with the power mirror controls.Would have given more leg room.This summer I am going to look into removing door handle and mount those controls on side panel.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:11 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

My Husband has an '05 GT. Visibility sucks . He had it lowered and now the ride sucks. I love looking at it in the garage, but when we go anywhere, we take the H3.

Visibility is an issue, but like anything else, you need to make adjustments to compensate for it. When you are parked and you are preparing to back up, take a walk to the back of the truck and see if there is anything you need to be worried about. That is all.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:35 AM

MrsRobinsn2000 is off the scale

I do find that going through the drive up window at the bank is no longer easy. I have to open the door half the time and hang out of my door to reach. I also have to stretch pretty far just to adjust my mirror but I still love my H3 and can't imagine myself driving anything but a HUMMER.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:19 AM
Hummer Veteran

Lucifer is off the scale

Yep that stang does some awesome offroading. Whew.. look at that flex.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Hummer Expert

Mike E is off the scale

I don't have any issues with visibility in the H3. I did notice that it's a problem at bank drive thru's, but I don't go there too often.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:01 PM

MrsRobinsn2000 is off the scale

You don't go to the bank too often because there is no money in there after you make your monthly HUMMER payments? lol
Old 01-11-2006, 05:56 PM

Vindutch is off the scale

Visibility is fine as long as your going forward.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vindutch:
Visibility is fine as long as your going forward. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So true!
Old 01-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Hummer Expert

Mike E is off the scale

So true! Oh well! Life is all about fun. Not sitting at bank drive thrus.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Steve - SanJose

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarthKarl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vindutch:
Visibility is fine as long as your going forward. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So true! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but for those that like to use REVERSE, you will see some of us have installed Hitchcams and cameras on their H3.

And some H3 owners have already backed into cars and trees resulting in expensive damage.

Visibilty out the back is pretty bad.

S.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

A rear camera is a must(cool too)you can have it on while driving it gives you a good veiw unlike the rear view mirror.With the mirror I see 2 rear headrests and the spare tire .A guy was tailgating me and I see his roof in the mirror but he,s clear as day on the monitor.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:58 AM

westcoastchick is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fourfourto:
A rear camera is a must(cool too)you can have it on while driving it gives you a good veiw unlike the rear view mirror.With the mirror I see 2 rear headrests and the spare tire .A guy was tailgating me and I see his roof in the mirror but he,s clear as day on the monitor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where would you purchase this? and what should I expect to pay. TIA
WCC
Old 01-12-2006, 09:33 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

You can just get a rear camera. use the find button theres alot of threads on this subject I went for the audio visual navigation and added camera to that. below is link
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/6441066151
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Hummer Expert

Backing accidents are number one in claims. The rear view mirrors on the Hummer are great. People should always, and I mean always look behind their vehicle before they get in it. I know of three tragic incidents of family pets snoozing on the driveway getting killed, one of a toddler getting smooshed. Backup cameras are no guarantee. We're getting one for one reason, parking lots. People are stupid, they'll walk right behind a backing car with the reverse lights on. Dummys. Other people just jump in, throw it in reverse and take off without looking, watch 'em, there are some big ninnies out there that cost us all plenty.

Ever notice that how UPS trucks never ever pull in? They'll double park, they'll do anything but make a backing situation. They're not allowed to. Utilities make people place cones front and back that have to be picked up before departure, same reason.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:
Visibility is an issue, but like anything else, you need to make adjustments to compensate for it. When you are parked and you are preparing to back up, take a walk to the back of the truck and see if there is anything you need to be worried about. That is all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said....
Old 01-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

TexasRTR78 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrsRobinsn2000:
I do find that going through the drive up window at the bank is no longer easy. I have to open the door half the time and hang out of my door to reach. I also have to stretch pretty far just to adjust my mirror but I still love my H3 and can't imagine myself driving anything but a HUMMER. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, NO KIDDING!!! I used the drive-through at Rosas (mexican food joint here in TX) and ordered a huge amount of food for my coworkers one day and when they tried to hand me the food through the window it would not fit...I had to pull forward and get out...I was sooo emabarrassed!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Steve - SanJose

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TexasRTR78:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrsRobinsn2000:
I do find that going through the drive up window at the bank is no longer easy. I have to open the door half the time and hang out of my door to reach. I also have to stretch pretty far just to adjust my mirror but I still love my H3 and can't imagine myself driving anything but a HUMMER. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, NO KIDDING!!! I used the drive-through at Rosas (mexican food joint here in TX) and ordered a huge amount of food for my coworkers one day and when they tried to hand me the food through the window it would not fit...I had to pull forward and get out...I was sooo emabarrassed!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I'll bet that order was supersized !