H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 11-25-2005, 03:43 AM

CCR is off the scale

I just added a bunch of pics of our lifted Turbo H3 Sema Show project in the technical H3 Forum on this site. If you are intereste in checking it out follow the link below

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/3861073741

Your source for H2&H3 Turbo systems & Accessories
Old 11-25-2005, 03:43 AM

CCR is off the scale

I just added a bunch of pics of our lifted Turbo H3 Sema Show project in the technical H3 Forum on this site. If you are intereste in checking it out follow the link below

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/3861073741

Old 11-25-2005, 08:44 AM
Hummer Professional

FLYINGBADGER2006 is off the scale

Nice setup. When will you have the Dyno results?
and how much (ballpark figure, Cmon you can tell us were all H3 owners here. Your among friends, don't be shy on telling us the price.
Victory Red, Auto,Lux, Cashm w/ eb interior, tow pkg, BFG all terr 285/75/16 incl. spare, black side step bars, SMA chrome hood handles, Kenwood DVD, K&N Air Intake, McCulloch 8000K H.I.D. headlights, Custom made 100% sheepskin seat covers, Dual DVD headrests,SMA dual exhaust,Roof marker lights.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:27 PM

CCR is off the scale

The truck is off doing all the post Sema show promotional business...as soon as its done with all that we will be able to get it up on the dyno and begin the tuning.

Im looking at producing these kits with an MSRP somewhere around 8500.00.

Old 11-25-2005, 02:43 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

@ $8500 I doubt you will sell many at all. You have to add the install costs also. That will cost 1/4 of what the truck costs. You can buy a SC for half of that.

Also, you may want to contact the owner of this board to pay for advertising. Although you are "sharing" info. freeload advertising isn't looked at too highly around here. $8500? I'm on the floor laughing.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
@ $8500 I doubt you will sell many at all. You have to add the install costs also. That will cost 1/4 of what the truck costs. You can buy a SC for half of that.

Also, you may want to contact the owner of this board to pay for advertising. Although you are "sharing" info. freeload advertising isn't looked at too highly around here. $8500? I'm on the floor laughing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

X2

Contact Jason - DO NOW!!!!
Old 11-25-2005, 03:22 PM

H3Punisher is off the scale

$8500, are you kidding....?

Hardware alone is less than $2500, $1000 in custom fab work, $1000 to install and tune =$4500 and it better turn 300WHP minimum.

By the way there is no way you installed that whole kit, one of a kind custom work, and not put it on a dyno so c'mon share the "pre-tune" numbers.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:22 PM

CCR is off the scale

Im sorry...but if you saw the header for this system you would understand why the price is what it is. Im not sure if you saw the Turbonetics Turbo system from Sema...but if a cheaper sysytem is what you look for than theres would be perfect. It has a cheaper log manifold and uses cheaper components.

And a SC is what you compare this too?... thats apples to oranges.

I dont build cheap systems that appeal to budget builders. Just the actual turbo I run on this system retails around $1500.00, add in the custom built FMIC, All the piping, wastegates and BOV, Tuning and everything else...lol...its definatly in the right price range...do some research on turbo kits and you will see that for the money this system exceeds mosts quality standards. I see companies selling twin kits for Vipers at 22000.00 and there all made from mild steel using conventional style old school turbos and cheap delta gates. We use all race proven products and the highest quality aircraft stainless bends on the market. Plus I dont know who you will find that is willing to do over 50 hours of fab work with stainless for a thousand bucks and do a quality job....if you do email me there number...Ill hire them on the spot....lol

We really do not have any Dyno numbers. We wrapped up the last of the polishing and rolled it onto the trailor heading for Las vegas. I will say that we are planning on running it at about 10psi once the tuning is done..no point in saying what I think it will make cause it will in no way be accurate.

To the moderators....If you feel any part of this post infringes on any sponsors please feel free to edit it at will. I was asked by a member of this board to come in her and post it up and share what we built with the community.

Old 11-25-2005, 04:29 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

ill make guesses on the numbers.. ill say 275 torque and 270hp lets take bets
Old 11-25-2005, 05:33 PM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

300 hp 300 lbs torque
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 11-25-2005, 05:42 PM

CCR is off the scale

I know of a local H3 that made over 300hp recently without any type of power adder...so id say at higher boost some really good numbers will be possible.

Old 11-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Expensive way to void the engine/trans warranty, and it will void those areas of the factory warranty; so will a SC.
For $8500, I can get an LS1, and have money left over to pay for alterations to have it installed.
Good luck, but if I was going to void the warranty, I would do it with a positive displacement type SC, to get the low end power and torque for off-roading.
But it does look like a decent pacakage, just now sure if it is worth the price.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:05 PM

CCR is off the scale

It was designed more for highway/towing...not really the best for offroading. It should make full boost right as the factory engine starts to feel sluggish (about 3k rpms)

And like mentioned here and in the other thread...it could be made cheaper. This kit is completly high polished (including the turbo and IC) and is made with an equal length header. If I went to a cast log manifold and used powdercoated mild steel piping and an off the shelf intercooler I could bring the price way down...but the quality would be very generic (and nobody sells an intercooler that does what we needed it to do). The production end would also lower the price as well. As of right now its a build per order deal..we are not sitting on a bunch of these nor are we just banging them out in mass production from a jig. Each piece is hand built and fits precisly as with all of our parts.

Thanks for the feedback.

Old 11-25-2005, 09:33 PM

CCR is off the scale

Hey Tim...go on the STS site and look at there rear mounted kit for the h2...than add all the upgrades and see what the price comes out too...not far off from the price of our system and they managed to not have to build a Manifold...something to think about...lol.

All there "upgrades" are standard with our system and you get a nice equal length header..on top of it we are running a full stand alone system on the H3 due to the issues with the ECU...H2's are more tuner friendly.

I have seen the STS kits perform in person and even custom fabbed a similar system on a DSM about 8 years ago...It will work...but its definatly a much easier/cheaper system to produce on an older platform with tons of off the shelf products and components available.

Old 11-25-2005, 09:39 PM

CCR is off the scale

Hey F5Fstop...you from MI? Im seeing the pot hole state listed as your location and im not aware of any other as bad as MI...lol

if so, we may bring this truck out for the Autorama coming up...you might stop by and check it out in person.

Old 11-25-2005, 11:01 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess only a person who lives in MI will recognize the state motto: Pot Hole State.
Who knows, I might come to the Autorama, I believe it is in March.
To be honest, I HATE doing anything in Detroit. Especially since I found out my taxee in Oakland county go to support Kwami and his gang of thieves.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:27 PM

H3Punisher is off the scale

While your reply is well understood I have a hard time beleiving that your going to try and make back "your shops" R&D costs on every single kit. I certainly expect the first kit to be considerably more expensive but now that you have all the specs worked out bilking the rest of the potential customers for your "50 hours" of custom fabrication is a little shady to say the least. I would also add that equal length tube manifolds are not the "rare" pieces they used to be and well to tell you the truth your build-up pictures give away the tough parts wel enough that they can be replicated pretty easily. As for the cost of the particular turbo and intercooler you may need to find a better distributor as your cost is WAY high. Comparing the cost of a 22,000 TT kit for an $80,000 Viper is a little far fetched when the potential customers here didn't spend much more than $22,000 on their H3.

Good Luck with your kit as you should have plenty of inventory atthat price level.

http://www.alamomotorsports.com/
Old 11-26-2005, 01:03 AM

CCR is off the scale

hey punisher...how well did you bother to read through any of the posts above? If you reread it you will see that I wrote "The production end would also lower the price as well. As of right now its a build per order deal..we are not sitting on a bunch of these nor are we just banging them out in mass production from a jig. Each piece is hand built and fits precisly as with all of our parts." Which means we arent mass producing these. I have no intent in sitting around fabricating H3 turbo systems all day and converting my shop into a production facility.The people who owned this H3 came to us because they know we build awesome turbo systems.

If you want to replicate it go for it...I hope the pics help you out. I will let you in that if and when done again the design would go through some drastic changes...ill let you figuer that one out on your own..you guys have enough help already....lol

On the comment that we need new distributors...I just looked on your site and found may items priced at at least a $100.00 or more than my everyday price. And the products we used arent even up there so Im unsure how you can make an assumption on what my prices are...especially since Tial Sports is right down the street and a sponsor of this turbo build...lol...I go direct with these companies..I dont use distributors...lol

My point on the viper kit was that it was a kit made using low end materials and look at the price...I am not the ones arguing prices here...if its too much than dont buy it...and if you are able to hire workers to fabricate it, install it and tune it for under 6 k than im totally happy for you and wish you the best of luck.

Maybe Canada is the wrong border to be living by...lol...I should move to Texas...labor seems to be alot cheaper there...lol

Old 11-26-2005, 01:34 AM

CCR is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
I guess only a person who lives in MI will recognize the state motto: Pot Hole State.
Who knows, I might come to the Autorama, I believe it is in March.
To be honest, I HATE doing anything in Detroit. Especially since I found out my taxee in Oakland county go to support Kwami and his gang of thieves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I here ya...I live in Warren just across the street from Detroit...its a differant world over there...lol