Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 12-24-2005, 10:07 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
I will never forget lying in bed with butterflies... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I gave that same feeling to my babysitter when I was little.

My Video Collectionez

Old 12-25-2005, 12:19 AM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

That teacher should be fired! After reading this i just went in and talked to my seven yr old daughter as she was going to bed. Its unreal how engulfed there little life is with Santa. She left out cookies and milk , and was waiting for mom to find a carrot for rudolph. We recited all the reindeers names and she wanted to know if Santa was landing on the roof or would he just land in the driveway. Tommorrow morning she wants to go outside and look for the tracks in the snow , I said o.k..
God bless the little children who can still believe in Santa. Good night
Old 12-25-2005, 03:38 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Dennis, that's sick!

She should've told the school about the disclaimer before she even stepped foot in that class. What a moron! Hope she rots!

'03 H2
Old 12-25-2005, 03:39 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dug3x3:
Tommorrow morning she wants to go outside and look for the tracks in the snow , I said o.k..
God bless the little children who can still believe in Santa. Good night </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the one reason I'm glad we don't have snow this year...

We did something similar with the gingerbread man last year. Kids loved it!

'03 H2
Old 12-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
I bet she didn't also tell them the truth about Kwanza. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG!! You just ruined Kwanza for me you fargan bastage!

Old 12-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Hummer Expert

Intercooled is off the scale

Put her with Tookey!!
Old 12-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Hummer Authority

GLBLWARMR is an unknown quantity at this point

Santas not real! Great, now all I have left to beleive in is the Tooth Fairy!!
2013 Victory Cross Country
2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
Old 12-26-2005, 07:50 PM
Hummer Expert

Orbital H2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Orbital H2:
Santa is not really dead is he? thats disturbing news, I guess my stocking will be empty this year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Don't worry, the Tooth Fairy will take care of you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Male or female, just want to be ready, Shotgun or satin
Old 12-27-2005, 03:12 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tanklizard:
The bitch actually had the balls to write the paper and try and defend here actions.

http://www.ldnews.com/letters/ci_3334340
Teacher defends Santa remarks
Editor:
Lebanon Daily News

Last week I substituted at a local elementary school in Lebanon County. The lesson plan required me to read the 1882 poem “The Night Before Christmas” by Clement Clarke Moore to two classes of students. While I can appreciate the poem for its literary value, the subject matter is offensive to me, and the reading of this poem to the children imposed values upon me which are against my deeply held religious beliefs. I could not in good conscience present the notion of Santa Claus as a truth to the children, and stated so.
No public-school teacher should be required to teach a belief, custom or religion that he or she believes to be false, or be required to pass those purported falsehoods onto impressionable children, without the right to state a disclaimer. Furthermore, freedom of speech and religion, no matter how unpopular the speech or against cultural norms the religion, are protected rights.

A secular public school should not be propagating any kind of religion. The belief in Santa Claus as a divine, magical, omniscient, powerful, giving, loving father-figure, to whom children are taught to make supplications and requests, is a religion indeed — a distorted substitute for the Judeo-Christian God.

In presenting the poem, I gave the children some historical background about the Santa Claus myth — its evolution from the historic Nickolaus, Bishop of Myrna in Asia Minor, who died in 343 A.D., to its amalgamation with ancient Western pagan traditions of German, Scandinavian and Dutch origins, to the current manifestation in the secular Christmas culture of today. (Dutch children, for example, would put their wooden shoes out at night for “Sante Klaus” to fill with candies.) The current Santa Claus figure was popularized in the late 19th Century by artist Thomas Nast of Harper’s Weekly magazine, who depicted “Saint Nick” not as an elf but as a rotund, pipe-smoking man in a red-and-white suit. This is the deity to which countless public-school children today are taught to make supplications, and about whom they sing their many songs at annual public-school Christmas programs.

If people are upset about the revelation to children that Santa Claus is a myth — which all children who are taught this lie figure out eventually — perhaps it is because Santa is that zealously guarded idol of their own modern religion. Therefore, as a religion, let Santa be kept out of the public-school classroom — or perhaps, in the interest of “diversity,” make his mythical, oversized personage share equal representation in literature and song and Christmas programs with the other Person of the season: the Lord Jesus Christ, God made flesh, God with us.

Theresa Rodriguez Farrisi

Myerstown

Definately not muslim, far, far out there "Christian" fanatic. I have nothing against Christains (I'm one) but I hate people that try and shove their religion down your throat. I'd like to now how she showed the love of God to those kids.

Damn this is close to home. I live in Jonestown (originally form the other side of the state) and I go by that school on the way to post. I think the locals will eat her alive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please kill her before she breeds.

Sean
Old 12-28-2005, 02:39 AM

jkH1+H2=H3 is off the scale

This is out of my territory.....