H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 09-22-2004, 04:30 PM

H2Thunder is off the scale

I took my H2 in for service of some of the TSB's issue I have noticed on my H2. The Dealer looked up my VIN # and said that their are no TSB issue for my H2. Any one had this issue with their dealer? They service guy said that they will not check it because it doesn’t show up in their system for my VIN # and if they do check it I will have to PAY. What the hell is a warranty for? Any one has the HUMMER number I can call and give them a piece of my mind? The Dealer is Paramus Hummer in NJ. In addition I had to wait 1 freaking hour for my loaner car.

I took my H2 in for service of some of the TSB's issue I have noticed on my H2. The Dealer looked up my VIN # and said that their are no TSB issue for my H2. Any one had this issue with their dealer? They service guy said that they will not check it because it doesn’t show up in their system for my VIN # and if they do check it I will have to PAY. What the hell is a warranty for? Any one has the HUMMER number I can call and give them a piece of my mind? The Dealer is Paramus Hummer in NJ. In addition I had to wait 1 freaking hour for my loaner car.

Old 09-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

intimidator is off the scale

they ran the vin probobly for recalls and none showed up on the viss.tsb's pertain to all hummer models to assist us technicians in pinpointing a condition more effectivley. so what where the concerns you wanted rectified. post them and i will look up the tsb's and email them to you. you can print them out and go hand them to the service writer.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:02 AM

HUMDNGR is off the scale

I had the same problem. I even brought in the TSB with me. They said my VIN was outside of the vin #'s affected. It was the tsb for lose of power steering while breaking. It has gotten so bad that I can’t even turn the wheel in a parking lot while I am barely touching the break. They told me that is normal because of the large stock tires. What a load of crap!It didn't do that when it was new. (moore's rich.va.) All they did was tighten the adj. on the steering gear box. Now the steering is difficult to turn because it is binding. All this will do is wear out the steering gears prematurely.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:21 AM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

One other thing to check about your steering turning hard, is your tire pressure. Make sure you have at least 40 psi in your tires. If your pressure gets down to about 30, that can definately make it harder to turn. Especially with aftermarket wheels or tires. If they really did make some adjustment on the steering gear, they may have made it worse. I've never fixed this complaint by adjusting the steering gear. 90% of these can usually be taken care of by airing up the tires. And of course, romping on the brakes hard will always make the steering tough, that is the way the system is designed. Let me know if that took care of it.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:15 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there a TSB on a crackling feel when cycling the steering wheel back & forth?

Mine has a sort of knuckle cracking feel to it. I would guess somewhere in the column. It does it at low speed/stopped and happens when turning the wheel from one direction to the other. Its not constant as I rotate the wheel. Most noticed when parking, or backing into the driveway.

I plan to bring it in so if you guys have any TSB info on that, please send it over.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

intimidator is off the scale

yes there is a tech bulletin for this issue. lubricate the intermediate steering shaft with a silicone grease.it is called clunk felt in steering wheel over bumps or when turning. the repair takes me all of about 5 minutes.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Hummer Professional

Actually, the bulletin for lubricating the
steering intermediate shaft was just replaced with a bulletin now saying to replace the intermediate shaft with a updated design shaft. This type of problem is usually a clunk in the steering that you can't really hear, but feel it very well. Usually slower speeds over small bumps. Hope that helps.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:20 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have a TSB number or something I can show the SM when I bring it in?

Thanks!!
Old 09-24-2004, 05:58 PM

I did have the TSB printed out and took them.
It was for the intermediate wipers, auto volume, and memory seat issues.

He pretty much told me what HUMDNGR said
Old 09-25-2004, 02:53 AM
Hummer Professional

You shouldn't have to tell your dealer about a bulletin. It's easy for them to look up. Just tell them your problem, and you could tell them that you heard there is a bulletin for that condition. If they can't fix it from there, then they are idiots.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:09 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Originally posted by Hummertech:
If they can't fix it from there, then they are idiots. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Dan, based on your experiences up there:

You are screwed.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:06 PM

HUMDNGR is off the scale

Hummertech, I run 38 psi in the front and I have stock tires and wheels. The condition only happens when parking. The pressure on the pedal is minimal. Yes the gear box adj. made it harder to turn and did not affect the condition I previously posted. I am also loosing power steering fluid. Not much only below the dipstick twice since this condition started. Thanks
Old 09-26-2004, 02:12 AM
Hummer Professional

Are you still under warranty? You probably need a new steering gear, or a p/s pump. I've seen those steering gears leak before, that may be where your fluid is going.