H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-17-2002, 01:02 PM

Location: Boca Grande, Fl. Best Damn Tarpon Fishing On The Planet
Vaka Humm is off the scale

Well it finally came in on Tuesday and they couldn't have it ready till Friday?? When I got to the dealer, on time for my appointment, the car was filthy, the roof wasn't even washed, so that started things off on the wrong foot. The salesman then told me "I have some good news.....or bad, depending on how you look at it. Your H2 came in a little cheaper than I told you it would be." Is that the good news or bad I asked. "Well the reason is the factory did not install the air suspention that you ordered, but I don't think that you would use it that much anyhow." [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] Long story short they knocked $500 off the price but it took 3.5 hours to get it done! Then they tell me I have to bring it back for an alignment, the dealership is 1.5 hours from my home, and because it will only take 3 or 4 hours to do, they can't give me a loner car for the day. The only thing that went smoothly was getting the extended warranty from Ken Fichtner, the dealer quoted me for a 60 Mo./60,000 Mile with $100 deductable $3080 plus tax, total $3264.80 I got the same thing from Ken for $2630 no tax a savings of $634.80. That Southwest Florida dealer will get not one more dollar from me.
Old 11-17-2002, 01:02 PM

Well it finally came in on Tuesday and they couldn't have it ready till Friday?? When I got to the dealer, on time for my appointment, the car was filthy, the roof wasn't even washed, so that started things off on the wrong foot. The salesman then told me "I have some good news.....or bad, depending on how you look at it. Your H2 came in a little cheaper than I told you it would be." Is that the good news or bad I asked. "Well the reason is the factory did not install the air suspention that you ordered, but I don't think that you would use it that much anyhow." [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] Long story short they knocked $500 off the price but it took 3.5 hours to get it done! Then they tell me I have to bring it back for an alignment, the dealership is 1.5 hours from my home, and because it will only take 3 or 4 hours to do, they can't give me a loner car for the day. The only thing that went smoothly was getting the extended warranty from Ken Fichtner, the dealer quoted me for a 60 Mo./60,000 Mile with $100 deductable $3080 plus tax, total $3264.80 I got the same thing from Ken for $2630 no tax a savings of $634.80. That Southwest Florida dealer will get not one more dollar from me.
Old 11-17-2002, 01:14 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

That is simply not acceptable. They should have made a larger concession for the air suspension. Well, look at the bight side, you have your H2! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2002, 03:41 PM

SONA is off the scale

Picked up from Hummer of Savannah, Josh Brown, the exclusive sales rep was fantastic. First class treatment down the line. We did not order it, bought it right off the truck, sort of. The whole experience was the best car buying experience we ever did. They still have 3 white ones and yellow demo for sale if anyone wants another one....
\"Life is tough... tougher if you’re stupid.\" \"Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgment. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life
Old 11-17-2002, 05:56 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Consider to take a few minutes of your time to call Hummer directly @ 1-866-486-6376 and tell them about the dealer's poor service. In all the Hummer surveys, they seems to be asking a lot of questions about the dealership and services. If you don't tell them, Hummer will never know. If Hummer don't really care when you call, let us know.
Old 11-17-2002, 06:12 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Vaka, I thought air suspension is a $1000 option, but they gave you $500 off only?
Old 11-17-2002, 06:36 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummie2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Air Suspension Package ( includes air compressor) MSRP $1175 price effective 11/01/2002. Air suspension is also part of Adventure Series Package MSRP $2440 effective 11/01/2002.

Don
Old 11-17-2002, 07:21 PM

MAC, they took the full price of the A.S. off plus an extra $500. Thanks for the phone number, I am leaving for Beleze to do some fishing and I'll give them a call when I get back. My experiance with the general have not been to good. I had a 2002 Corvette that had lots of problems and my calls to (non)customer service were a waste of time. I ended up going though the lemon law and won. They have since replaced the C5 with a new one and it's great. This Hummer may be my last dance with GM.
Old 11-17-2002, 07:40 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Well, $500 extra, then that put the whole thing in a different perspective. It wasn't nice nor pleasant, but $500 evens everything. Your total saving is $1,600. Excellent deal thats cuts your warranty cost to $1600, which will be far more useful to you than air suspension & a clean Hummer. You won.

The dealers treat many customers badly and waste their time without giving them one penny. No need to call Hummer, dealer will want that $500 back.
Old 11-17-2002, 09:38 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummie2 is an unknown quantity at this point

MAC...

Iwould have to agree that the dealer was pretty fair in this case. I know it would be a big disapointment to have a vehicle come that is not exactly as ordered. The total of all items in the A.S. package would total $2940 (11/01/2002 prices)so the dealer taking off the price of the package & $500 should put a smile on anybody's face. The only other option would be refuse the vehicle and reorder, wait for it to arrive again and hope it was as ordered next time. I would grab the $500 and run for the door.

Don