H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-01-2002, 01:31 AM

Seth is off the scale

Has anyone installed an aftermarket video camera that lets you see what is going on behind your vehicle as you are backing up? I recently saw a story about the blind spot behind cars in general and especially SUV's. The blind spot goes back as much as 14' feet on big vehicles. I would imagine it would go back even farther on the H2's. I spoke to the salesman at the dealership where I am buying mine and he mentioned a system that integrates into your rearview mirror. When you are backing up it shows you what is going on behind the vehicle in your rearview mirror and when you are in drive or park it disappears. I would like to know if anyone has installed a system like this and what they think about it, thanks.

Seth
Old 12-01-2002, 01:31 AM

Seth is off the scale

Has anyone installed an aftermarket video camera that lets you see what is going on behind your vehicle as you are backing up? I recently saw a story about the blind spot behind cars in general and especially SUV's. The blind spot goes back as much as 14' feet on big vehicles. I would imagine it would go back even farther on the H2's. I spoke to the salesman at the dealership where I am buying mine and he mentioned a system that integrates into your rearview mirror. When you are backing up it shows you what is going on behind the vehicle in your rearview mirror and when you are in drive or park it disappears. I would like to know if anyone has installed a system like this and what they think about it, thanks.

Seth
Old 12-01-2002, 03:22 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Seth, look for the topic under Back Camera in Tech section or general section, there are photos and links, quite a lot of posts about it. What was the dealer quote $?
Old 12-01-2002, 03:37 AM

Seth is off the scale

Thanks Mac, he did not give me a quote. I don't even know if they install the system. I will ask them if they do it when I get closer to the delivery date.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:20 PM

Brad is off the scale

Seth
I had a DVD player installed in my H2 with an additional 7" screen installed in the front flip down compartment. They said I could get a back up camera installed that would work with the screen as well. It has a 180 degree angle in color. The actual camera is installed in the top of the rear window it seems like it would be out of the way. They said it was small and inconspicuios. They also said you could see about 100 feet behind you even while your driving. Screen cost around $500 and I think the camera is around $400. Car Tronics is where I had mine done.