H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-29-2005, 09:10 PM

MIZZOU H2 is off the scale

Where is the cheapest place to get a painted grille.... i noticed adventure accessories over at lynch hummer had them for 344... is this the best deal?
Old 11-29-2005, 09:10 PM

MIZZOU H2 is off the scale

Where is the cheapest place to get a painted grille.... i noticed adventure accessories over at lynch hummer had them for 344... is this the best deal?
Old 11-29-2005, 10:11 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Two options:

One is to paint it yourself using Duplicolor and lots of sanding and patients.

Two is to use Line-X.

This is Line-X and cost $135.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:42 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Two options:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that's just great..suggesting to put sick people to work, a sick sweat shop....ill labor. You are so dimented.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:35 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

You don't have to be sick to be a patient.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:35 AM

rodster is off the scale

$335.13 at hummer-parts.com. That's where I got mine.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:37 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Two options:

Two is to use Line-X.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's sweet. Where'd you get the idea?

Did you have the center piece done, too?
Old 11-30-2005, 01:41 AM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

I was going to buy a new grill on ebay for like 100 bucks, and paint it. I see them on there all the time, and then just save my chrome one...for a rainy day...or turn around and sell my chrome one.

I just think all stealth gray would not look as good, and the black with stealth might not look hot on mine either. I think it looks better on the pewters or desert sands.

Looks good btw Ken!
Old 11-30-2005, 04:19 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:

That's sweet. Where'd you get the idea?

Did you have the center piece done, too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It was a DRTY idea. And no.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:47 AM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

looks like your grill will not show up on radar now!

Stealth!
Old 11-30-2005, 03:51 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
looks like your grill will not show up on radar now!

Stealth! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>SHHhhhh. That and tin foil in the wheels and I'm set.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Good job Ken My friend. I like what You have done with You new H2. I miss the black LPE though. Did You trade it in or sale it privately.

You need to later in Feb. come and see Me. Hopefully we will have Our AWD dyno in. Since Your not Super Chargering it I can still get You some very nice amount increased HP and torgue working with stock pcm. Let's estimate 350 at the ground with header and the other normal add-ons.

Will be very safe just ganing what GM and Hummer leave out on purpose. We may be able to get Allen to flash Your handheld with improved tune and You can go back to stock anytime You want. Similar to handhelds on market but, personalised not cookie cutter.
Well be glad to help if You like but, down the road after winter and if you are interested in some free tuning instead of the cookie cuter programmers.

Just MY way to say thanks for all You have done for Me.

OH, by the way You have just cost Me more money and MY custom build of the mall Queen more time now. The Shop Boss, who is the only one He will allow to work on the H2 except Me has seen Your fender flares he wants those on My rig, to blend into the theme he his doing. I have emailed Phil about getting a set. He said for a novice You did guite the professional install.

From this guy Ken it is a huge compliment as He has stripped to the metal My Mall Queen for the 3rd time now because he did not end up likeing the scheme after seeing it on the truck. I asked Him to just please let Me have it for Christmas. I would like to have it for the holiday season then. I do not believe He will be getting rid of this paint scheme. Not because I will not let Him as I promised Him no hold up or back tracking he is to take it and paint it unbeatable. I have seen the schetchs and if someone is going to be in a show the same time I am they better pack lunch and diner as Boss is not going to let Mall Queen be beat. He is turning it into a real agggressive look. paint. It is mean looking with some tricks that I have not seen in a mag yet as well as some old school tried and true tricks. I told Him to do what ever He wanted and it is not going to be any regrets but, I got to be carefull from now on when it comes to Boss as he takes it literally. But, by the drawings it will be off the hook. You will see the big flares change into something I have never seen on an Hummer yet.
Gratefully
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 12-02-2005, 12:36 AM
Hummer Veteran

JohnnyRPM is off the scale

Two options:

Two is to use Line-X.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is one more option...get two cans of DupliColor spray-on bedliner for $5 each. Just like Line-x. I use the stuff on everything now. Did my grill and the eyeball chrome part of my new XE-7 HID projectors. In the spring I plan to do my rear bumper covers, u-steps and mirror caps. The stuff is awesome. Tough as nails. Had mine on my grill for a year now and it looks just like the day I sprayed it on - no joke. And that's through all our crappy New England weather.

If I could, I'd paint my whole damned truck with the stuff.

-John
Old 12-02-2005, 01:43 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JohnnyRPM:
If I could, I'd paint my whole damned truck with the stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Why not? It's your truck.

Old 12-02-2005, 04:54 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JohnnyRPM:
If I could, I'd paint my whole damned truck with the stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Why not? It's your truck.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

x2 - and post pics when you do it!
Old 12-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

JohnnyRPM is off the scale

I'm so tapped...I actually was considering it last week after doing my HID eyeballs. The paint below the midline really gets thrashed in the winter and I started to wonder how it would look if I actually did line-x/bedliner the painted areas of the truck from the rockers to say that indentation below the rear side windows and leave the upper 1/3 of the truck the painted gloss black. Pretty much like this truck only the silver would be gloss and the black would be line-x'd/bedlinered.
And of course it'd be an SUV...

That flat/gloss black SEMA truck really started me thinking.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:00 PM
Hummer Messiah

Been thinking about that myself.

Thanks for the Duplicolor tip. I hadn't thought about that.