H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 03-27-2003, 11:48 AM

1stHummer is off the scale

I've been toying with the idea of installing a Whipple system on my H2 for some time now. For the above-average back-yard mechanic, how difficult is the installation? The kit appears complete and in fact does appear to be "bolt-on".

Roy.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:48 AM

1stHummer is off the scale

I've been toying with the idea of installing a Whipple system on my H2 for some time now. For the above-average back-yard mechanic, how difficult is the installation? The kit appears complete and in fact does appear to be "bolt-on".

Roy.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:22 PM

xtra-power is off the scale

That install is only about 10 hours. You could knock it out in a weekend easy. The kit comes with everything. However, Whipple recommends adding their Flash programmer to get rid of that nasty Torque management issue since 99. Check this out:
http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...mber=WIP-FLASH

www.superchargersonline.com
Old 04-11-2003, 02:14 PM

TURBO HUMMER is off the scale

I had my installed back in December and it works very good so far. The acceleration, let's say from 50 to 80, is FAST. What is your gas mileage?
Old 04-11-2003, 03:33 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURBO HUMMER:
I had my installed back in December and it works very good so far. The acceleration, let's say from 50 to 80, is FAST. What is your gas mileage?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What kind of turbo did you install? I have the
Whipple Supercharger and am getting around 9.9 mpg. The problem is that when you have the supercharger you always want to put your foot in it because it is so much fun!

2003 H2 Hummer, Yellow,Whipple Supercharged, Edelbrock ceramics, catback,18" Ambush w/mudders,lots of goodies!
Y2K Corvette Millennium Yellow Convert/Blk/Blk, B&B headers, B&B Tri-Flo's, H-Tech MAG,GMS MAF, RM Racing TwinFlow, CLB, Window Commander, Euro Tail lights.
1994 Chev 454 Suburban, Blown, Doug Thorley
1970 Trans Am, balanced, blue printed, Hooker ceramics
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 04-11-2003, 04:24 PM

I have the Whipple Supercharger. The gas mileage is around 9.6, mixed conditions. You are right, the foot gets really heavy, sometimes. Whipple had called me some weeks ago and advised about an OBC upgrade. Next week I get it.
Old 04-11-2003, 04:54 PM
Hummer Professional

Sorry your name threw me! The Whipple is great.
The upgrade helped alot! You will really notice a difference. What did you do for your PCM tuning? Did you used their programmer to eliminate the torque management problem? There was another guy down here that used their programmer and it didn't make a bit of difference! I wondered if he got a defective programmer. He ended up sending his PCM to Ed Wright like I did.

2003 H2 Hummer, Yellow,Whipple Supercharged, Edelbrock ceramics, catback,18" Ambush w/mudders,lots of goodies!
Y2K Corvette Millennium Yellow Convert/Blk/Blk, B&B headers, B&B Tri-Flo's, H-Tech MAG,GMS MAF, RM Racing TwinFlow, CLB, Window Commander, Euro Tail lights.
Old 04-14-2003, 06:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

H2 Bill
I'm dowm in Indian Wells this week for Easter Break and I would like to come over to see the Whipple supercharger on your truck. If you are in town you can email me at kdio@msn.com.

Thanks
Kirk
Old 04-14-2003, 07:18 PM
Hummer Professional

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kdio:
H2 Bill
I'm dowm in Indian Wells this week for Easter Break and I would like to come over to see the Whipple supercharger on your truck. If you are in town you can email me at kdio@msn.com.

Thanks
Kirk<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Kirk,
I live in Indian Wells and own businesses in Palm Desert. I will email you and we can hook up.
Bill

Old 05-02-2003, 11:36 PM

H2 Bill.

I called the PCM OBC, like OnBoard Computer. I got my truck back yesterday after the Whipple computer software had been updated. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!. They really took care of the torque management problem. The gas mileage went up also. How much I have to find out over the next week or two.

Turbo Hummer
Old 05-05-2003, 03:49 AM

btaylor is off the scale

Does the Whipple kit add a 9th fuel injector to the manifold, or do they give you 8 new correctly sized injectors?
Old 05-05-2003, 04:59 PM
Hummer Professional

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURBO HUMMER:
H2 Bill.

I called the PCM OBC, like OnBoard Computer. I got my truck back yesterday after the Whipple computer software had been updated. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!. They really took care of the torque management problem. The gas mileage went up also. How much I have to find out over the next week or two.

Turbo Hummer<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you have the interface computer upgraded or the PCM? Did you buy the Power Flash Programmer? How did that work?

www.4swimwear.com
Old 05-05-2003, 05:04 PM
Hummer Professional

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by btaylor:
Does the Whipple kit add a 9th fuel injector to the manifold, or do they give you 8 new correctly sized injectors?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you add the extra injector and leave the factory stock injectors.

www.4swimwear.com
Old 05-05-2003, 08:20 PM

btaylor is off the scale

You guys should check out www.kennebell.net

They're late in getting this thing ready, but they have way better technical info on their site than anyone else. I like their prices, and how "clean" the installs seem to be. They offer new injectors, and a re-flash of the factory ECM rather than a piggy-back add ons. They claim less wiring.

As of today they think it's still a couple more weeks of time before the last of the parts are in, in order to sell the complete kit.

Notice the tech info on the site as it relates to the air/fuel ratios of each cylander when you add a 9th injector into the dry manifold.

You have to look around their site to find the tech sheets, but they're really interesting to read once you find them.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:31 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

btaylor,
Late '80's and early '90's I drag raced a Buick Grand National. A very large portion of my equipment came from Kenne Bell. It was always top notch.
Back then their focus was on the GS and GN. I suspect their new focus on superchargers will generate the same high quality products as I personally used back then.
Good luck

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 05-06-2003, 10:44 PM

btaylor is off the scale

Thanks for the recommendation. It really seems that they pay attention to the details that make things a little better. If I end up putting one in, I'll report my experience here.