H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-26-2003, 08:56 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Paragon,
Sounds interesting. But don't use the words "bullet proof" instead use "bullet resistant". My buddy has a .50 that, using the right ammo, will knock a hole through just about anything.

"I smell varmint poontang."
Old 06-27-2003, 02:41 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Paragon,
Sounds interesting. But don't use the words "bullet proof" instead use "bullet resistant". My buddy has a .50 that, using the right ammo, will knock a hole through just about anything."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DRTYFN,

You're right, bullet resistant would be more applicable. The business nor salesman actually said either bullet proof or resistant, but they do develop other products for buildings that are "bullet proof" depending on the ammo used. The film for the vehicle is based on this same product but just is not as thick.

Also, Hum2 and Albie, I discussed this with the president of the southeastern distributor. They do not endorse the use of this on the outside of the windshield because of the abuse it takes, ie- windshield wiper, chemical from bugs, etc. BUT, off the record, I asked if I personally understood would they put the film on and he said he personally understood why I wanted it. It will probably stop more of my, so far, 5 chips from rocks and also seal and adhere to the current chips to eliminate any additional cracking from them (just like when you get it fixed by the windshield guy).

I am running silicone blades, with a healthy dose of rain-x as well as the rain-x washer fluid and even this would work well with the film on the outside of the windshield. I am still going to have the stuff applied all the way around and also have it applied to the outside of the windshield, but I am going to wait until I do some more performance improvements before I add the film to my "H2 Budget."