H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-31-2003, 03:18 PM

Batson34 is off the scale

Maybe I am just naive but I was wondering where all these used H2's come from, especially on Ebay.

There are probably 50 available h2's today and with really low miles, of course the vehicles aren't even a year old.

Also it seems all the non-hummer dealers around here have used ones on the lots.

What do you think are these people dissatisfied? "repo"? were they lemons the people didn't want? Or is it just with a $50K price if you can afford to but it you can afford to dump it in less than a year?

It’s just my opinion, but I don't think I could buy a used one unless I had personal knowledge of the vehicle, like a neighbor owned it or something. I would just have to doubt why the vehicle, less than a year old is already on the used car lot. What's a guy to do believe the dealer...NOT!
Old 07-31-2003, 03:41 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

Tax reasons (depreciated it in one year)
Novelty wears off.
10 mpg.
Can't afford it.
All of the above.

People seem to still want a forture for the used ones. I'd love to know what they are getting on trade.

89 Vette
02 Escalade
01 Silverado
03 Hummer?
Old 07-31-2003, 03:41 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Batson, your neighbor's car may not be a good buy. I have known many people who told me how wonderful their cars are, only to say "what a piece of junk." about the exact same car after they sold it. If it was a lemon return, Calif laws require full disclosure if not stated on the title. I came across a Mercedes S500 that was a lemon return, all the details were done and I had my checkbook out, then the dealer told me as I was about to write the check that this was a lemon return. I walked out and will never return to that dealership.

People sell their cars for combination of 1,000 personal reasons. Personal finance, lost job, moving, marriage, too big, low MPG, no space, can't fit garage, you can go on and on.

I've bought as many used cars as new cars in the past, I may have had more problems with brand new off the showroom floor Mercedes than used cars. I've been lucky, all used cars I had were perfect except my very first car, Audi, which lost 2nd gear as I drove off the used car lot, I went back to the lot 2 minutes later, the guy told me that is not his problem.