H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 11-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

28,000 milesand going strong - not one problem, except changing your own oil is a pain. Still getting 16 to 18 mpg, with the lower 16 figures offroad on the Ozark trails, and a consistent 18 ish highway (remember I'm a pretty consistent 60 mph guy - my old AF T38 training kicks in, if you can't go 800 mph why worry about going 80, so hit the cruise control, enjoy the view and listen to the Monsoon). I must be just plain lucky, because my windshield is still unscathed and survived the Yukon and the H3 is still a ball to drive. I wonder if Prius owners get excited about the thought of driving through the woods and through creeks, or just going out to see the fall colors, or just going out for a drive? I was in St. Louis last month and ended up in a Chesterfield Mobil station and up pulls a yellow H3 with its new owner, and then a red H3 being driven by one of the servicemen from Lynch getting ready to be delivered to a new owner - he told me the axle problem was only a handful and has been blown way out of proportion on bulletin boards (yes, he reads this form, but says he never contributes) and the H3 has the H2 beat hands down for lack of problems for a new platform - this guy was very nice & knows his Hummers and I wished I could have picked his brain longer. That's something you don't see everyday, except at the dealers or offroad - 3 H3s at one time.
I did have a problem last month trying to get a 5 pointer strapped over the roof. Can you say ladders and four friends to help, but they must build them tough, because no oil canning from the weight of the buck on the roof.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Hummer Authority

28,000 milesand going strong - not one problem, except changing your own oil is a pain. Still getting 16 to 18 mpg, with the lower 16 figures offroad on the Ozark trails, and a consistent 18 ish highway (remember I'm a pretty consistent 60 mph guy - my old AF T38 training kicks in, if you can't go 800 mph why worry about going 80, so hit the cruise control, enjoy the view and listen to the Monsoon). I must be just plain lucky, because my windshield is still unscathed and survived the Yukon and the H3 is still a ball to drive. I wonder if Prius owners get excited about the thought of driving through the woods and through creeks, or just going out to see the fall colors, or just going out for a drive? I was in St. Louis last month and ended up in a Chesterfield Mobil station and up pulls a yellow H3 with its new owner, and then a red H3 being driven by one of the servicemen from Lynch getting ready to be delivered to a new owner - he told me the axle problem was only a handful and has been blown way out of proportion on bulletin boards (yes, he reads this form, but says he never contributes) and the H3 has the H2 beat hands down for lack of problems for a new platform - this guy was very nice & knows his Hummers and I wished I could have picked his brain longer. That's something you don't see everyday, except at the dealers or offroad - 3 H3s at one time.
I did have a problem last month trying to get a 5 pointer strapped over the roof. Can you say ladders and four friends to help, but they must build them tough, because no oil canning from the weight of the buck on the roof.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:36 PM

Humden is off the scale

16-18 mpg is pretty good. I'm only getting 14-15.5 mpg mixed city/hwy mostly city. Does it get better?
Old 11-07-2005, 01:33 AM
Hummer Authority

I started out in the 13 mpg to 16 mpg range when it was new and found mileage improved gradually after about 6,000 miles. I have also found a huge difference in mileage between running 60 mph and 75 mph - the wind resistance takes a big toll and the difference is close to 2 mpg.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:25 AM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

i get 14.9