H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-25-2003, 02:46 PM
Hummer Professional

Joe is off the scale

I know several folks are running this tire on there H2's. I am getting ready to purchase a set for my H2 and had a few quick questions.

Will the std. H1 37" MTR fit on the stock H2 rims or is a special order size required?

Who has the best price? Tire Rack is at $196/ea which appears to be the best price.

If running the 37" does anyone know the correct adjustment for the size and speedometer using a Predator programmer.

Any General feedback on how your off-roading performance has been running the larger tires vs. the Std. BFG's.

Thanks all in advance.

2003 H2

Homepage:
http://www.hummerh1.net
Old 06-25-2003, 02:46 PM
Hummer Professional

Joe is off the scale

I know several folks are running this tire on there H2's. I am getting ready to purchase a set for my H2 and had a few quick questions.

Will the std. H1 37" MTR fit on the stock H2 rims or is a special order size required?

Who has the best price? Tire Rack is at $196/ea which appears to be the best price.

If running the 37" does anyone know the correct adjustment for the size and speedometer using a Predator programmer.

Any General feedback on how your off-roading performance has been running the larger tires vs. the Std. BFG's.

Thanks all in advance.

2003 H2

Homepage:
Old 06-25-2003, 03:07 PM

Jigga is off the scale

I also am looking at purchasing those same tires for my H2. I was at the dealer the other weekend and asked them about the spedometer adjustment. They said that it needed to be reprogrammed to work correctly but they said they could do it easily.

2003 Pewter H2 with Adventure Package.
Old 06-25-2003, 03:43 PM

SJ is off the scale

Joe:

Plenty of people are running on 37" MT/Rs and most I've spoken with have not bothered with re-programming. I run larger than stock tires on my truck (went from 32s to 35s) and the variance is 2MPH, so no big deal.

If you really want to have the re-programming done, then a decent tech. should be able to calibrate the system for you.

Yes, Tire Rack has great prices on the MT/R - the best I've seen. Further, I've heard nothing but positive remarks about the MT/Rs and I plan to go with those or ProComps when the BFGs wear-down.
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 06-25-2003, 03:44 PM
Hummer Professional

Joe is off the scale

I have the Predator Programmer and I know the adjustment can be done with it. Haven't really looked in to it though so I am not sure if it's as easy as saying "hey, I now have 37" tires". Hope so, but figured I'd throw the question out ahead of getting the tires.

2003 H2

Homepage:
Old 06-25-2003, 03:54 PM
Tucson Beast

For additional information on the 37s check out the thread from Buddy on 5/24/03 in tech discussion forum called "The impact of larger tires" - good analysis (sorry I do not know how to link a thread)

"It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts - John Wooden
Old 06-25-2003, 04:18 PM

DiscoDancingRover is off the scale

Oh god not procomp

Rover owner, with light envy...
Old 06-25-2003, 04:25 PM

SJ is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris:
Oh god not procomp

Rover owner, with light envy...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ProComp = Cooper Tire

ProComp and Good Year are the best I've run. It also helps that they're both products of American corporations.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:09 PM

Well everything I have heard about them is mostly that they are bad tires. I have heard some but mostly bad. And my friend had them on his jeep and they were trash.

Rover owner, with light envy...
Old 06-25-2003, 05:21 PM

SJ is off the scale

Every one has their preferences. I have ProComps MTs on my truck and they're great. Loud, but great.

I won't buy BFGs - they're made by a French company (Michelin). I have no qualms with buying Italian (Pirelli) or British, but that's my admitted quirk.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:42 PM

Bad Dawg is off the scale

We're running the MT/R's (37x12.50/17) on Ultra 17x9 wheels. If I remember right they are the same width as the stock wheels. But I would also check the back spacing.

You can never have enough horsepower! Yellow LUX, Airforce intake, stainless headers and exhaust, Gobi rack and ladder, roof mounted off road lights, full wrap brush guard, rear light guards, outside tire carrier, Rancho 4" suspension lift, Ultra "EN4CER" 17x9 wheels, Goodyear 37/12.50R17 MT/R tires, removed side-step bars, 9.5ti warn multi-mount winch.
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2003, 08:01 AM

If you want some awesome tires go fir the BFG Krawler. They are swwwweeettt!!!!!! And I think they come in 37 inch form.

1995 Land Rover Discovery, with light envy
2003 Acura 3.2TL
1998 Volvo V70 XC
Old 06-27-2003, 11:49 AM

Bad Dawg is off the scale

We looked at the Krawlers, but the tire dealer cautioned me about how BFG has a speed limit on the tires. I can't remember what it is but it seemed like it was maybe 80mph. Not that I plan on doing any high speed driving for long periods but it made me uncomfortable. I remember him showing me the caution in some literature from BFG. Anyone elce hear this? They may not be freeway flyers but they are awesome off road tires.

You can never have enough horsepower! Yellow LUX, Airforce intake, stainless headers and exhaust, Gobi rack and ladder, roof mounted off road lights, full wrap brush guard, rear light guards, outside tire carrier, Rancho 4" suspension lift, Ultra "EN4CER" 17x9 wheels, Goodyear 37/12.50R17 MT/R tires, removed side-step bars, 9.5ti warn multi-mount winch.