H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-12-2005, 05:49 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Apparently, GM is dropping it's support for the THCI off-road events due to financial reasons. You can read more about it here:

Hummer Network: Hummer H2 => No H2 and H3 Support at Hummer Events?
Old 07-12-2005, 05:49 PM
Banned

Apparently, GM is dropping it's support for the THCI off-road events due to financial reasons. You can read more about it here:

Hummer Network: Hummer H2 => No H2 and H3 Support at Hummer Events?
Old 07-12-2005, 05:54 PM
Hummer Professional

Harley is off the scale

Paragon- I just got the following in my email -- is this what's going to go away

Greetings Hummer Club Members,

If you have been wanting to improve or test your skills on some of the best trails in the U.S., wait no longer. Sign up for the Hummer Club's Durango-Moab event today. This is the longest running Club event for good reason. Doug Zirkle has been coordinating this event for 5 years and it has been improving every year. H1's, H2's and H3's are all welcome. We pre-run the trails with all 3 models <span class="ev_code_BLUE">and this event will have full factory support (AMG, GM and a local Hummer dealer).</span> .

First Timers ? There is no better place to learn what off-roading is all about than with The HUMMER Club. The Club has many experienced Hummer operators who are anxious to show you how to get the most out of your Hummer. The Club has an Introduction to Off-Roading trail day that will get you on the way to enjoying this great sport that we call off-roading. Our trail groups are usually 10 vehicles or less.

New for 2005 is Rock Crawling 201. Learn from the experts, people who know how to get the most out of the Hummer vehicle.

You'll be able to say that you've conquered trails like the Grim Reaper, Chokecherry, Lion's Back, Golden Spike Trail, Hell's Revenge and Moab Rim trail.

What are you waiting for?

You know you want to do it!!

The event dates are : Sept 17-25.

You can sign up for Durango, Moab or both!!

Get complete information and register online at:

http://www.hummerclub.com/events/upcoming.htm

The hotels and motel deadlines are coming up in about 30 days.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Hummer Professional

Harley is off the scale

Because that sucks if that's true!!

K
Old 07-12-2005, 07:05 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Harley:
Paragon- I just got the following in my email -- is this what's going to go away </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Harley, upon reading about it, I sent an email to The Hummer Club and received the following response:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Due to budget constraints, GM will NOT be providing a support trailer at our events for the H2 and H3. We have known for about 4 months. I am sure you read the papers so you know of GM’s financial situation. HOWEVER, AM General will still be providing a support trailer and tech personnel for the H1’s. As you may have noticed, a ‘local’ GM/HUMMER dealer is present at our events to provide technical assistance. AM General has graciously offered to share the use of their support trailer with the tech personnel from the local dealerships that support our events. Rest assured that GM continues to support its customers and warranty work and whenever possible, will be in attendance at our off-road events. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 07-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Hummer Professional

Harley is off the scale

That sounds like the same thing they told you in the posting on the Hum/net site...

That's too bad... especially for some of the "entry level" folks that want the reassurance from GM at these events! (If I still had my H2 and had relied on them at previous events or just wanted to "get my feet wet for the 1st time", I'd be frustrated...

Hell, what am I saying?? I AM frustrated!!

K
Old 07-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

Especially when the factory trucks blew a front diff and a transfer case last year on Grim Reaper, plus 2 tie rods on Chokecherry. That wouldn't give me confidence if I were a cherry.
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 07-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Hummer Professional

Harley is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
What?

You need a "support" trailer or you won't go wheeling in Moab?

A safty net takes all the fun out of it IHMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alec, I meant for the new guys to wheeling... we had a young H3 couple on our last outing that were really interested in learning to wheel properly and safely, and I think without the GM people there (or some good representation) they might not be as comfortable as they would knowing they had good support... When I started I didn't know anyone and it was reassuring to have a familiar face from the Dealership or to know that there were GM reps there.

(Now I'm too crazy to care... I just ask one of the old timers if I have questions!)

K
Old 07-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Hummer Professional

Harley is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
What?

I do agree w/ you about the "safety net" -- it's like being able to hop on the bike and ride to Sturgis, knowing that it's just you and no sag...
K
Old 07-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Banned

What?

A safty net takes all the fun out of it IHMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think it has more to do with the fact that The Hummer Club is the only club supported/recognized by GM/Hummer/AMG and that a part of THCI spiel is this support is at all of the events but now GM says it is pulling that support.

It says "full factory support" everywhere just as in the letter sent out referenced by Harley. I guess all of that is out the window now.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I did support on the 03 durango portion of that event as the dealer rep. The Gm truck was fronted by Martiz Pr people and the techs were good but the trailer was stocked with limited supplies. See if it is Salt Lake doing support. They need a couple of parts, diffs and who knows for the H3? Sad
Old 07-12-2005, 11:15 PM
mstams

Oh, no... now what will they do for advertising?

(photo of the H2 support trailer at Windrock)
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2005, 04:54 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 07-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

What?

I carry my "support trailer" with me.
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 07-13-2005, 02:45 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GMPartsGuy:
I carry my "support trailer" with me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> me too
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Paragon,

So what is the circle in the photo pointing out, I can't tell?

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Banned

It's an old picture I took to show someone something. That's a reverse light on the fender that is circled. Not sure why I was showing that to someone here.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:44 AM
Hummer Expert

OldHiker is an unknown quantity at this point

I am attending the Paragon event right now. The local dealer is here with techs and a support trailer. AMG has some people. Nothing from GM.