H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 01-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

ChrisInCali is on a distinguished road
Default It finally happened (head valve)

15,626 miles. Engine started idling rough in the morning, and then the check engine light came on later that evening. Dealer gave me a Cadillac as a loner. Also, all my radio buttons were wearing off on the Monsoon system, it looked really tacky so they're going to replace those too. Hopefully this won't be a nightmare experience, and will be fixed quick and easy. The dealer knew all about the head problems the second I brought it in.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Hummer Expert

Desert Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It finally happened (head valve)

Chris

Open a case file with GM and demand an extended warranty on the engine and drivetrain.

H3 2006 Adventure/Lux/5-speed/sunroof/rock rails/underbody skids/block heater/Boulder Grey/ Defender Roof Rack

Jeep TJ Rubicon 2003
1988 Jeep Cherokee

Gone - But- Not Forgotten 4x4's
1994 Jeep YJ
Toyota 4x4 Truck(s)
1970 Jeep CJ-5
1962 Willys Wagon
Old 01-09-2008, 12:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

gmpartsdude is on a distinguished road

On the radio buttons, what year is it? I was disappointed with the buttons looking really bad on my 05 Envoy. The first thing I noticed on my 08 H3 is that they look like they are black textured.. as they are not able to be rubbed off?
Old 01-09-2008, 12:55 AM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

my radio buttons were rubbing off too but when i took mine in for the head replacement i got a rental h3 and swapped em hahahahaa!
Old 01-09-2008, 05:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

How do I go about opening a case file with GM. Also have them checking into the excessive wind noise on side pillars.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:45 AM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisInCali
How do I go about opening a case file with GM. Also have them checking into the excessive wind noise on side pillars.

Call Customer Care @ 1-866-HUMMER6

Old 01-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road

anynoe think this is going to be a majro issue or recal on the H3's?

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 01-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Gm sent a letter to owners of 05 Colorado's,eary build H3's used 05 heads.
Maybe they will include the early h3's at some point.
Copy and save for referance if head goes after 50k ,Gm might extend it to 100k ?
Attached Images

H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Hummer Expert

Desert Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Get them to replace the cracked roof rails while the head is getting replaced.

My drivers side is cracked but a I am waiting for my next visit to the dealer to get that done

H3 2006 Adventure/Lux/5-speed/sunroof/rock rails/underbody skids/block heater/Boulder Grey/ Defender Roof Rack

Jeep TJ Rubicon 2003
1988 Jeep Cherokee

Gone - But- Not Forgotten 4x4's
1994 Jeep YJ
Toyota 4x4 Truck(s)
1970 Jeep CJ-5
1962 Willys Wagon
Old 01-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

DR EVIL is on a distinguished road

H3's are great!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:46 AM
Hummer Veteran

So I got the call today to pick my Hummer up after being at the service department for about two days even though they told me it would be about a week or more to fix. So I'm thinking, "Oh good, maybe it was easy, now my H3 is all better, and ready to come home." I'm driving home on the 101 freeway at rush hour in Southern California traffic in the fast lane, and it dies. I have no power, and people are zipping past me at 80mph, and I can't get over because everyone is bumper to bumper, and I'm losing speed. I almost get hit about six times. Just what I need after being at work all day.

So now I'm staled in the fast lane, trying to start the H3 back up, and I finally get it going. I never stalled on me before, mind you. I call the Hummer service department, and speak with the service manager, and tell him that the Hummer already crapped out on me after being "fixed" on the highway in rush horu traffic, ect. He tells me to drive home, and bring in back in tomorrow. I live about another 15-20 miles away from where I was at after nearly causing a pile-up on the highway because the damn Hummer stalled, and the service manager tells me to continue on my way home as if the H3 now will magically function properly there, and back agian the next day.

In retrospect I should have said, "No, send out a tow truck and pick me up right now." Unfortunately, I was a little on edge after that expierence, and I just wanted to get home. So I do what homeboy says, and the H3 stalls about five more times on the way to my house. I get home, call again, and now they're going to send out a tow truck to pick up the Hummer in the morning, and give me another rental car. I look at my cell phone, and then the time on the paperwork that the H3 came out of the shop, and the time difference was 7 about minutes. That tells me they probably didn't even properly check to see if the problem was resolved after they "fixed" it. Maybe I'm wrong, and it checked out fine for them, but when you have a serious engine problem, and you replace something, you should absolutely check it out thourghly to make sure it works properly. I was only about 4 miles away from the dealer when my Hummer stalled.

There's also another problem that was brought to light again today. I took the advice of one of the posters in this thread, and called to see if I could get my warranty extended. When I called, the lady I spoke with told me that my Hummer, which I purchased brand new, was registered under someone elses name. When I bought the vehicle I was ready to sign when I was told that there was 450 some odd miles already on it. That raised an eyebrow, and I asked why? The dealer never gave me a straight answer, and I was ready to stop the deal, but then they took another $1,000 off the price tag. I bought the H3 in August of 2006, so it would have needed around 100 people test driving it for about 4.5 miles each to rack that up in a six-eight month period that it was on the lot.

When the dealer was helping me set-up the On Star, On Star said that the vehicle was already registered under someone elses name as well, and it took about a full hour for On Star to delete that person out of their system, and put me in. The dealer assured me the H3 was brand new, and it was just some strage mistake. I let that go for a long time, but after calling GM today after having these problems had made me nervous all over again. How could it be possible that the Hummer H3 that I purchased was registered under a completely different name with both On Star, and GM, along with having 450 miles already on it? Could all that really just be a mix up?

Last edited by ChrisInCali : 01-11-2008 at 04:59 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:08 AM
Hummer Guru

Big Dad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisInCali
So I got the call today to pick my Hummer up after being at the service department for about two days even though they told me it would be about a week or more to fix. So I'm thinking, "Oh good, maybe it was easy, now my H3 is all better, and ready to come home." I'm driving home on the 101 freeway at rush hour in Southern California traffic in the fast lane, and it dies. I have no power, and people are zipping past me at 80mph, and I can't get over because everyone is bumper to bumper, and I'm losing speed. I almost get hit about six times. Just what I need after being at work all day.

So now I'm staled in the fast lane, trying to start the H3 back up, and I finally get it going. I never stalled on me before, mind you. I call the Hummer service department, and speak with the service manager, and tell him that the Hummer already crapped out on me after being "fixed" on the highway in rush horu traffic, ect. He tells me to drive home, and bring in back in tomorrow. I live about another 15-20 miles away from where I was at after nearly causing a pile-up on the highway because the damn Hummer stalled, and the service manager tells me to continue on my way home as if the H3 now will magically function properly there, and back agian the next day.

In retrospect I should have said, "No, send out a tow truck and pick me up right now." Unfortunately, I was a little on edge after that expierence, and I just wanted to get home. So I do what homeboy says, and the H3 stalls about five more times on the way to my house. I get home, call again, and now they're going to send out a tow truck to pick up the Hummer in the morning, and give me another rental car. I look at my cell phone, and then the time on the paperwork that the H3 came out of the shop, and the time difference was 7 about minutes. That tells me they probably didn't even properly check to see if the problem was resolved after they "fixed" it. Maybe I'm wrong, and it checked out fine for them, but when you have a serious engine problem, and you replace something, you should absolutely check it out thourghly to make sure it works properly. I was only about 4 miles away from the dealer when my Hummer stalled.

There's also another problem that was brought to light again today. I took the advice of one of the posters in this thread, and called to see if I could get my warranty extended. When I called, the lady I spoke with told me that my Hummer, which I purchased brand new, was registered under someone elses name. When I bought the vehicle I was ready to sign when I was told that there was 450 some odd miles already on it. That raised an eyebrow, and I asked why? The dealer never gave me a straight answer, and I was ready to stop the deal, but then they took another $1,000 off the price tag. I bought the H3 in August of 2006, so it would have needed around 100 people test driving it for about 4.5 miles each to rack that up in a six-eight month period that it was on the lot.

When the dealer was helping me set-up the On Star, On Star said that the vehicle was already registered under someone elses name as well, and it took about a full hour for On Star to delete that person out of their system, and put me in. The dealer assured me the H3 was brand new, and it was just some strage mistake. I let that go for a long time, but after calling GM today after having these problems had made me nervous all over again. How could it be possible that the Hummer H3 that I purchased was registered under a completely different name with both On Star, and GM, along with having 450 miles already on it? Could all that really just be a mix up?

Holy cow! You didn't buy the 2006 H3 down in Ventura did you? Is this the same loaner they gave me for mine when it broke down last year? The one that I got some "air in" up around Lompoc?! Say it aint so! Is it white?

JK! Just trying to make you laugh bro! I'm sure you need a laugh about now!

Old 01-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

sometimes a sale does not go all the way through because of the bank and the cars get brought back...sometimes they get reported, especially at the end of the month to gm.....what makes a car new or used is not the age or the mileage, it is determined by whether it has ever been titled or not.....